PDA

View Full Version : long time no chat

Jane101
04-27-2005, 03:13 AM
hello ladies, :) I've been gone for whle and have been very busy... but I have a question and I wish your full and true opinion...how do you stand on on sex reassingment surgery followed by HRT??? becuase i was thinking of having such an operation done...and if you happen to have any information on this subject (prices, places to do it, etc.) please let me know...

hugs and kisses,
jane101

Tristen Cox
04-27-2005, 03:20 AM
how do you stand on on sex reassingment surgery followed by HRT???

Usually you have to be on HRT first. Wish I could help with some of your questions better. Anyhow Welcome back. ;)

Jane101
04-27-2005, 03:30 AM
thank you for the advice tristen i have only receently heard of it so i dont know much on the subject

LindaTS
04-27-2005, 08:55 AM
Hi Jane,
I think maybe that I can help you. If you really think that you're transgendered and want to go through the whole process then please understand that this is a very long journey. For starters, you don't just up and have surgery then hormones; it's the other way around.
The first thing you will have to do is find a therapist trained in this subject. Therapy can last a long time, possibly a year or longer. If you then satisfy the requirements then he or she will send you to the doctor for HRT. Most doctors won't start you on this without the therapy. You will also probably be living full time as a woman. Even after all this time you may not be ready for surgery. I know one girl now who still has a year to wait and she's been full time for two years.
Without knowing where you live I can't give you the names of doctors or therapists but I'm enclosing a web site that may help you. Actually two sites. The first one is http://www.tg2tg.org/resources/directory/htm The second site is http://www.transgendercare.com These should help you get started. If I can be of any further assistance feel free to contact me either here of e-mail. lindma123@hotmail.com Good luck hon.