PDA

View Full Version : Evolution, I guess

Melissa A.
02-29-2008, 05:20 PM
Hi Girls,

I've been a member here for quite a while, although my activity over the past year has ranged from rare to non-existent. I guess many of us, whether it's an online group or a face-to-face one, go through periods like this. I'm finding out that this is true, especially, in the face-to-face tg world, as I become more involved in it, which is just in it's beginning stages. Life happens. You all are very close to my heart, always, whether I can get here or not.

So much is changing and evolving with me, I scarcely know where to begin. 4 years ago, when I first came here, I had just had the epiphany many of us have at some point: I'm a crossdresser. That's that. Acceptance is a wonderful thing. I decided I didn't really care who knew, and leaving behind years of running away and purging was a relief. But not long after, I started having more questions, and confusion. Which just wasn't fair! I mean, I thought I had this thing all figured out! First came an attraction to men, which just becomes stronger and stronger as time goes on. And really came out of left field,as far as I was concerned. In addition, I started feeling like a woman even when not dressed, and thinking more and more about going full time in some way. This process has been kind of slow, but in the last 6 months to a year, it has accelarated to the point where my head was spinning, and my mind was racing almost constantly. This just threw me. I've always considered myself, despite some obvious flaws, a pretty healthy person, mentally. I've never been obsessive about anything, and have never suffered from any kind of deppression. But I WAS becoming obsessed. And not exactly deppressed, in the classic way, but most definitely confused. As I have acted on some of my desires, like spending days at a time as a woman, when the opportunity presented itself, or dating men on occasion, The confusion and need to become who I am fast feeling like most of the time has only become stronger. Where did all this come from? I always thought I was just a crossdresser, and a hetero one at that. And I've always been told that gender and sexual orientation were completely separate entities. And that if you're ts, you usually know fairly early in life. In reaching out to a wider network of people, I have found that there ARE late-onset ts's, and that the whole gender-sex thing is not quite as black and white as many people think. many people break the "rules". I have been told that there may be something to the notion that I am heterosexual as a guy, and am heterosexual as a woman, and if I am a transexual, this does explain alot. At any rate, I finally found a well-respected gender therapist, and had my first appointment on Wednsday. It was a relief to get this process started. As I said, I'm also in the beginning stages of carving out a social life for the myself as a woman, and the resuls have been all positive, so far. I still have alot of confusion, and more questions than answers at this point. I believe now that there is a strong possibility I am ts, or at the very least, a trans person needs to make a real life for her woman side. 2 weeks ago, I was outed at work, through a lost cell phone, I had forgotten about, containing many pics of Melissa. At another time, this could have been cause for panic and hysteria. I work in a very male dominated indusry. But it happened, and y'know what? it just seems so insignifigant. I mean, I wish it didn't happen, but I have bigger things to think about. I really don't care.

So that's how a cd becomes a tg, and maybe a ts. I don't know what is going to happen. I'm happy, sad, scared, hopeful, and look forward to every day more than I ever have, because I'm learning more every day. So I guess I'm a walking bag of contradictions, right now. I'm sorry to go on so long. Thank you to those who took the time to read such a long post. I'll keep you all posted. Hopefully briefly, next time!

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

Eugenie
02-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Thanks for sharing your CD to TG evolution with us.

I'm sure many here feel fairly similar as you... I could recognize myself in several of the ideas that you developped in your post... On some other I felt somewhat different but I could feel quite intensely what you must have been going through.

I wish you all the best in your evolution...

:love: from France

Eugenie

Julie York
02-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Now then me ol' mate.:thumbsup:

I'm a hobbyist compared to most people here. But I do know that there are some things you (one) lives with for most of your life and it is only because they haven't been truly explored that they become such a burden.

If you have a new avenue to explore, then if it isn't going to hurt anyone you should explore it even if only mentally (which is a lot safer). Fantasy soon pops its bubble as soon as you get the chance to change it to reality.

But you won't get past the mental hurdle until you do give yourself a chance to pop the bubble. It might be a bit depressing when you realise you are back to square one and just a crossdresser, or you may suddenly find yourself where you always wanted to be.

At least you'll have a clearer view of where you are heading.

deja true
02-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Melissa, I totally agree with Julie. You'll never escape the confusion without following the path that's opened up to you. If you turn your back on the opening, you'll never know an important truth about yourself. You may find the path goes on and on to a different life or the path may double back and deposit you where you started. Either way, you've got to follow the path.

Good luck on your journey. We'll be expecting regular postcards along the way, 'cos some of us are about to come to that trailhead, too.

respect & love (for the journey and the traveler)

deja