PDA

View Full Version : Manchester Village?

michelle8543
02-29-2008, 05:21 PM
Hi I,m michelle Iam new to all this. Can anyone tell me, Is it actually safe for me to go out in public in manchester's (uk) gay village wearing my dress without fear of attack or ridicule?

Tamara Croft
02-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Hiya

Welcome to the forum :D I've moved your post to create a new thread, you'll get more responses. I'm sure you'll be fine there. Have you heard of the Sparkle event in June this year? It's held in Manchester, there is more information in the Events section on the forum.

Kieron Andrew
02-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Hiya

Welcome to the forum :D I've moved your post to create a new thread, you'll get more responses. I'm sure you'll be fine there. Have you heard of the Sparkle event in June this year? It's held in Manchester, there is more information in the Events section on the forum.

Hi Michelle, the event Tam is talking about is an amazing time for first timers to get out and about, info click here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61616) also there is a support group called Northern Concorde held at the edge of the village which girls tend to go on to the village afterwards.... click here (http://www.northernconcord.org.uk/)

oh and welcome

Flameboy
02-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Hi I,m michelle Iam new to all this. Can anyone tell me, Is it actually safe for me to go out in public in manchester's (uk) gay village wearing my dress without fear of attack or ridicule?
In a word, yes. Though obviously it depends on when you're out and about, but there's plenty of CDs around at weekends. Traditionally, Wednesday night is "Tranny Night", as lots of people come into the village following Northern Concord. Most of the bars are CD friendly, but especially Taurus, AXM and Napoleon's.

Good luck and have fun!

Dave

Nicki B
02-29-2008, 06:57 PM
As Dave says - yes. :) You'll just be one of many and certainly nothing new?

For a first time, try going along to Northern Concord (see Kieron's link) on a Weds eve - they meet in the upstairs bar in the Rembrandt pub, right in the middle of Canal St?

But if you're worried, why not go and check it out in drab? But take a change of clothing with you, just in case? :winking:

KayR
02-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Although the Village is still in the main safe for TV's, its been invaded by rubber-neckers and various oddballs.
Consequently, you're more likely to see a gang of curious straight men out to do some "wierdo-watching" than before.
I suggest coming to the Northern Concord on Wednesday nights and making your foray from there. You should be able to attach yourself to a small group of TV's going for a wander around the Village. Napoleans is a good bar to visit, whether you're in bloke-mode or dressed. The important thing is that first step.

shirley1
02-29-2008, 09:33 PM
hi i need to find out more about this myself - has been recommended - someone on another forum has even given me directions on how to get there - the only problem for me is if weds the best night its not the best night to go regulary as i have to be at work next day - my question would be is it any good fri or sat nights ? or is it only a one night event

Nicki B
03-01-2008, 09:08 AM
hi i need to find out more about this myself - has been recommended - someone on another forum has even given me directions on how to get there - the only problem for me is if weds the best night its not the best night to go regulary as i have to be at work next day - my question would be is it any good fri or sat nights ? or is it only a one night event

The Village is there every night of the week, but NC meets on Weds... You'll find girls about pretty much every night, but Fri & Sat will be busiest?

Just they could be in lots of places - try Chamberlains, AXM (check out their downstairs trans changing rooms and lockers, ask the staff for access - a lot of work went into those) and, by the end of the night, Napoleons. Just be aware, Naps attracts a lot of admirers, too? Just introduce yourself to any girls you meet and ask if you can tag along, as you don't know your way around - you'll find most will be very helpful? :)