PDA

View Full Version : Conversation had while looking through a catalog

Phyliss
03-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Wife says to me earlier today, “Do you still have that book that came with the last set of clothes we got, you said you were gonna order some more “camp shirts” did you keep it?”
“Yeah I still have it, why?”
“I need some more outfits for the summer”
So I get the Woman Within catalog that came with the last order, and we sit down to pick out some things for her. Paging through it I happen to notice a cute blouse, (page 47 of the latest catalog if you have a copy) and comment that I like it, but it’s just a bit “much” for me to wear everyday.
“Just showing common sense dear, all I ask is the ability to demonstrate that I have some common sense in what to wear when. There is a time and place for some things and NOT a time or place for other items. Hopefully I’ve shown that in the last two years. “

“Yes you have”

BINGO!!! That was all I’ve been wanting to hear from her. This doesn’t mean I can wear a mini skirt when helping with the grocery shopping, (I’d like to , but….) but it also does mean I’m allowed to wear almost anything I wish as long as it isn’t too blatant.
I can live with that.
Getting my nails (toes and fingers) done is OK
Having my dresser drawers full of stockings, panties, and bras is OK
Wearing jeans or dress pants from Fashion Bug is OK
As long as the blouse isn’t too sheer or frilly but rather demur and conservative it’s OK
Sweaters should be loose so as to not show off my bra, that’s OK
Makeup is a not allowed, although I do use a light coat, hasn’t been noticed yet. (I think)
Skirts I can wear at home, indoors, only when we’re alone.
My wig is still a bit of a shock, (being almost bald, it is a huge change)

Am I comfortable today?

You bet your “Bippy” I am.

pamela_a
03-03-2008, 10:10 AM
That has to be one of the greatest feelings in the world Phyllis. My wife sounds very similar to that. The other day I finally talked her into going to Lane Bryant for jeans (she constantly complains about how poorly hers fit). While there I commented about some Ts they had, V neck but with a little shirring around the V, fem but not overly fem looking. I was surprised when she told me to get a couple if I wanted. Of course, she wouldn't let me get a matching babydoll top like she got, maybe some day.

-Paula-