PDA

View Full Version : Your tought about

Gabie
03-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Hy to all :)

I got a little problem ><, im a part time CD (school and working, so not a lot of time for myself :( )

And yesterday i was talking with a aquitance of mine (who is a Postop (sorry if the term isint actually right)) and the discution slip to;(myself) i would like to pass more time as a girl. She just answered; why don't you start a Hormonal Therapy...

I just froze there, i though that i would just said; i like how i am now and all. But i didin't answer >< and now im felling like im lost into i dont know what :( , cause at that time i was felling like it could be a good idea, but another part of me (maybi my male side) was like :eek:

i would really apreciate to know what you think about this situation, thanks girls :D

deja true
03-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Gabie, hon...Not all CD's go on to transition. The vast majority don't. If the idea gave you shivers, then that's not for you, yet. You need a lot more time thinking about who you really are deep down. Take it slow. Do your research. Read a lot in the Transexual threads, not just here. Listen to those women. Find out what brought them to that decision. Their stories and their wisdom is priceless.

Go ahead and think about it, but don't let it scare you. You don't have to have HRT to be able to pass, or to spend more time as a girl. You just need to do it.

respect & love (for self knowledge)

deja

Gabie
03-04-2008, 10:27 PM
thanks Deja True, for the comment, (as for the reading i have read almost everything i could find) but your right, i should not get it to me that easely :) ask those who have made the step why, what, who.

How chould i spell this... to fight a begining of baldness, i have started medication. In canada they use proscar (in weeker dose 1/12 to 1/4 of the one when you start a therapy) but since i take them, i fell better :) and im acting more girly without noticing it :heehee:(most of my friend have seen a difference im my comportment, more; why are you acting so gay from my "guys" friend and more comprensible from my "girls" friend)

sterling12
03-04-2008, 10:46 PM
I think the word your looking for is "ambivalence." It's pretty normal to have conflicting feelings about some important decision. It works a whole lot like "buyer's remorse." Fore instance, when you buy a new car.

It all usually works out after you give yourself some time to think things through. So, give yourself permission to just relax and ponder your situation. I'll bet that helps!

Also, don't be shocked that after you have made your decision, that you start having doubtful thoughts, (that's the buyer's remorse I was talking about.) Again, the cure is usually just giving your psyche time to work things out.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Charleen
03-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Hi Gabie, welcome! My dear, my advice is to slow down. As you read the threads you will become aware that CDs come in all different flavors. When I found this site, I was lost. Didn't know why I had to dress like I did. I found the answers here with the tremendous help of my brothers and sisters here. I have come to the realization that I am TG. I'm not going to transition as I'm pretty old for that at this point, but I have been becoming more and more comfortable being TG, and dressing more to how I feel I am inside. ie, in womans clothing most of the time.
Take a breath, read the threads, ask questions, and learn and enjoy the new freedom you will find here.
Love and xxxx, Lily

Mary Jane1
03-05-2008, 03:42 PM
It's sort of like the cogiati test (which, in my opinion, should be used for entertainment purposes only). There is a question about losing your genitals in an accident. Another one about having the power to become female and staying that way. First response for me was, don't care about the genitals and would jump at being a woman tomorrow. Felt great to say that to myself, but after thinking for a while about the whole picture, maybe it's not so easy.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is the same as others have expressed. I'd just like to stress the importance of realizing crossdressing doesn't mean the same for everyone. Take your time and for heavens sake, find out more about synthetic hormones. There was another report this morning on cnn about cancer related to syynthetic hormones. There's no hurry.

RobertaFermina
03-05-2008, 04:23 PM
You got "Dope-Slapped" with a wild proposition that you hadn't really given much thought to. You were disoriented and not feeling on solid ground. Easy to be lost for a comeback in that situation.

Don't let that disorientation leave you suggestive of an 'orientation' that is not truly your own.

However, if that opened you up to really considering "where you are going", by all means, give it some open-minded thought ! :hugs:

:rose: Roberta :rose:

StacyCD
03-05-2008, 04:54 PM
As a heterosexual crossdresser I am very comfortable with occasional dressing. As a result, I have no desire to do hormones or live 24/7 as a female. However, that is for me. Your path may be different. Just remember that as you discover your gender balance there is no need to rush into anything. Go slow and enjoy the journey.