PDA

View Full Version : One Of Many Questions

Danicd
03-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Hello again all,
Ok, so sometimes I over think things or obsess a little but I am curious as to what attracts us to cross dressing to begin with. Is it nature or nuture that makes us need to cross dress. I mean do we have have some genetic make up that makes us need to feel totally feminine. Or does it have to do with how we are raised? I personally struggle with myself over this overwelming urge to be as totally feminine as I can and since I've only started fully dressing the last few month's and it seems to come so naturally that it sorta scares me a little bit. So, if some of you who have been through some sort of thearapy or have researched this at all will help explain this to me I would be forever greatfull.

Dani

jessielee
03-05-2008, 06:10 PM
hi Dani,
sorry, no insight from therapy experience.
but i often ponder nature vs. nurture.
wish i could go back and listen to all the things my mother told my pre-remembering self. but the past is past. what's real and here and now is what i first realized as a three year old. i liked girls much more than boys. they turned my crank, non sexually. so i wished i was that neat and with it and together and attractive!
plain and simple.
but,
spent my whole life till now figuring what is, is how it should be and to deal with it, to be rational and realistic and pragmantic.
ah, but i've always been such a dreamer.
and the dream is stronger than my mind.
not to be mystical, but perhaps what i always knew is more real than these molecules and atoms.
cowed into someone elses "normalcy."
yes, it is frightening. goes against everything we'd had crammed into us.
i'm with you sister.
let's see where this goes.
as we spread our wings...
jessie

melissaK
03-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Pursue the references in the sticky notes. And obsess up a storm. I did. At the end of the path you will find no one knows why we are, and the only one who knows what to do about it is you.

hugs,
'lissa

Kate Simmons
03-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Put simply, it's part of who we are, nature and nurture notwithstanding. The extent to which we choose to express it and explore the feelings associated with it is totally up to us.:)

Stargirl
03-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Put simply, it's part of who we are, nature and nurture notwithstanding. The extent to which we choose to express it and explore the feelings associated with it is totally up to us.:)

I knew I could count on you. If things are too easy to understand, I get worried. I like at least a bit of a challenge. In the end, it's my inner being, and a costume box. If other people join me, all the better. If they do not, I keep scanning the horizon, and remember where I have been. That counts for something, too.

Deborah Jane
03-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Hi Dani!! I,ve tried therapy and self analysis to discover why this this such an important thing to me.
I grew up as an average boy [c/ding apart], and no matter what i do the urge to dress always returns. I guess we either learn to accept it or fight it!
I,ve tried fighting it and it didn,t really work, so now i,m going with acceptance.

Kate Simmons
03-05-2008, 07:04 PM
I knew I could count on you. If things are too easy to understand, I get worried. I like at least a bit of a challenge. In the end, it's my inner being, and a costume box. If other people join me, all the better. If they do not, I keep scanning the horizon, and remember where I have been. That counts for something, too.Yup Stargirl, I've learned that my core essense is feminine while my human genetics are masculine. Makes for an infinate number of interesting combinations. The Vulcan philosophy IDIC (Infinate Diversity with Infinate Combinations) comes to mind.:)

Sapphire
03-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi Dani,
If there is one thing that posts on this forum suggest it is that most of us experienced transgendered inclinations from early childhood and that these manifested themselves in an attraction to crossdressing. Some crossdressers have psychological and physical physical characteristics that seem to point to a possibly pre-natal event or predisposition that caused them to develop differently. Then again there are crossdressers who are very manly in appearance and who love Formula 1 racing. Equally there are among us heterosexuals, homosexuals, bisexuals, the bi-curious, possibly some asexuals, and of course those of us who have “transitioned” or are in the course of doing so, and those of us who have no problem with being labelled male Lesbians. And the list does not end there. In short we are a very mixed bunch united by one common characteristic – a love of crossdressing and usually a need to reassure ourselves that we are not unique. How we manage the unusual instinct that we are host to is of course what matters most. Nature likes diversity and we are part of that diversity. A community composed entirely of alpha males might well not be in the long term interest of our species. Nature or nurture or whatever, we have our lives to lead and we must make the decisions that best suit our circumstances and not neglect the sensitivities and needs of others.

deja true
03-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Yup, like they all said, all you can do is just 'go with the flow' on this. We've all obsessed. Obsessed to the point of thinking we needed therapy. From the hundreds of threads I've read so far, it's usually not been as helpful as a lot of calm introspection and a lot of talk with other normal people, like many of the people here.

The 'why am I like this' question is one we're never gonna answer to our own satisfaction. Why do you like the color green above all others? Why do you hate broccoli, even though you know it tastes good? Who cares? That's just the way it is.

You're not crazy, you're not dangerous, you're not cracking up.

Many here think our 'affliction' is actually a blessing. Think about that. You can experience more of humanity, get more insight into all other's feelings, and become a more tender and accepting person yourself in the process.

It's nature and nurture that brings us here. 100% natural! And you'll never untangle those complicated threads.

Don't waste the mental energy trying. There are better things to obsess about. Things that'll help others and make the world a better place. Obsess about AIDS or Darfur or discrimination or hunger or global warming. Those you can do something about.

respect & love

deja

Paula_S
03-05-2008, 07:26 PM
In my case, my father has at some point(s) had silky-smooth legs and I once inadvertently found tights and stockings in a drawer when I lived in his house. Go figure, as Americans would say. His son (i.e. me) from a young age was jealous of women and girls getting to wear glamorous outfits (think I was about 7 or 8 when I first wished I could dress like that). That father-and-son link suggests a genetic basis.

Then again, I at currently 30 years old was an impressionable young child in the 1980s, when high stilettos were popular and beautiful nails were not unusual (which they certainly are nowadays!). And that sort of look is the only thing I want to wear when dressing myself, so obviously it made an impression on me. Which suggests nurture rather than nature.

But then again...my male friends would have had seen similar things, but are not CD. So that would suggest genetic..?

Whichever it is, none of us chose to have these strong urges, but we can choose to accept them and start to enjoy fulfilling them...

Sugar
03-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi Dani,
I too am an over thinker and sometimes I obsess a little bit. Nature vs. nurture...I lean toward genetics. I wasn't pampered as a child, quite the opposite. I was taught how to fight ( stand up for myself ) when I was very young. Never let anyone see you cry, cause boy's don't cry. I used to have that struggle with who I am, too. Still do sometimes...to the point that I need to put it all away. I've learned not to purge, it's thrifty to just put it all away for a time. It comes back.

While I was out today I stopped at the mall and bought myself some very sexy panties. Man!! They feel great!! I feel great!!

I hope to have helped you,

Sugar

Sandi jo
03-05-2008, 09:05 PM
I don't think we could ever know for sure but I lean toward nature,why would there be so many of us?

Jocelyn Quivers
03-05-2008, 09:12 PM
I used to obsess about the same thing asking "Why Me?" Lately I've come to take the simple nature answer. Being TG is a part of who I am, and I will always be this way, nothing will ever change this, no need to for me to ask any further questions.

PatriciaT
03-06-2008, 12:24 AM
This topic has come up on forums before and I would like to summarize what I seem to have learned from the discussions.
1. Most CDs find out at a very early age, around when perception begins. The 5-12 year age bracket is failry common, although there are late starters.
2. Since it seems that most of us would not have chosen this, it is probably a part of our genetic makeup, akthough it seems no one really knows where it comes from. We don't choose it, but it chooses us, so to speak.
3. It seems that a CD has both a male and female aspect. They may be equally strong or one might be stonger than the other. The female aspect needs to be expressed.
4. It will not go away and there is no known cure.
5. Early on, a lot of CDs try to suppress the CD urge because they feel it's wrong or unnatural. This leads to a great deal of misery.
6. Once a CD comes to terms with this, and realizes it for what it is, a normal part of her makeup, and expresses it by doning female attire, among other things she becomes happy and enjoys life better. The degree of happiness and enjoyment seems to depend on the extent the CD drive can be expressed.

There are probably a lot more aspects to this but these are what pops into mind right now. Simply put, we have a female aspect that needs to be expressed and this is why we have the urge to CD. I know what you mean when you say that you find being dressed natural. Cds often state that they feel vey natural en femme. I think is stems from the need to express this female aspect which is as much a part of us as our male asepct. If we feel natural, more or less, in boys clothing, we should also feel natural in girl's clothing. In my case,I feel more natural in girl's clothing. Being en femme is so natural that much of the time I am no more aware of being en femme that I am when in drab.

Patricia

Angie G
03-06-2008, 01:50 AM
I was born with it installed in me and love it. I never thought I want to do this I just stared dressing when I was 11 or 12 And never looked back. :hugs:
Anfie

chipster block
03-06-2008, 02:42 AM
Hi Dani!! I,ve tried therapy and self analysis to discover why this this such an important thing to me.
I grew up as an average boy [c/ding apart], and no matter what i do the urge to dress always returns. I guess we either learn to accept it or fight it!
I,ve tried fighting it and it didn,t really work, so now i,m going with acceptance.

My SO is learning to accept and I am in the same boat. Sometimes rough seas when I am feeling freaky about, sometimes ok when explains to me he's the same guy, just dressed in close that make him look prettier. He' very patient with me and I am greatful of our love.
chip

Joy Carter
03-06-2008, 02:51 AM
Took some time for me to accept who I am. Now other things in my life have come together. Wish I hadn't waited so long. Now if I could find acceptance at home, I'd be really happy.

Suzy Harrison
03-06-2008, 03:26 AM
I don't think it's nurture but nature - the way we're born.

I've never seen the need for therapy - I just accept that's the way things are.... and I'm pretty happy about it so I don't worry.

KayR
03-06-2008, 05:22 AM
I discovered my cd side when playing innocent "bedroom games" with my wife. To say the floodgates were opened is an understatement! I until that point was a "proper man" - anything considered girly was not for me!
I anguished for months, believing that I was turning "queer". Any minute I expected to start mincing my way around and kissing men. This was the extent of my hangup.
Eventually I found the Northern Concord and met and spoke with one of the founder members, who was also a psychiatric nurse. She pointed out that in both nature and history the male has had a highly decorative side to him - the peacock is a great example. 14th century men had more frills and flounces on their clothes than did the women, and so on. She also taught me that societys moral judgements ebb and flow as a fashion, and are not set in stone - look at how women wearing trousers was considered obscene during the 1920's. We are conditioned to suit these fashions.
Understanding all these things, together with a lot of discussion with my long-suffering wife, I came to the one conclusion that I am content with:
I am a CDer because I like to do it.
My gender is not in dispute. I am a full blooded male heterosexual. I love women, and like to think that my hobby has given me fresh insight into the way women "are". The enormous attention to detail, the care that even underwear is selected to co-ordinate, knowing that no-one will see it. These are the things which I enjoy learning about.
That is me, and I'm sure that every one of us has a different story.

Angela Burke
03-06-2008, 05:25 AM
I spent years thinking about why I am a crossdresser and the only conclusion I've come to that makes any sense to me is that I'm a male who likes dressing as a female,viz.a crossdresser.
Stop analysing it and just enjoy it.

dominique
03-06-2008, 05:43 AM
I totally agree with Angela on this. Less thinking about it and go with the flow.

Vicky_Scot
03-06-2008, 06:03 AM
I don't think it's nurture but nature - the way we're born.

I've never seen the need for therapy - I just accept that's the way things are.... and I'm pretty happy about it so I don't worry.

I could not have said it any better Suzy.

I agree 100%

Xx Vicky xX

Danicd
03-06-2008, 07:00 AM
Wow, Thanks to all who responded!
I am a very fortunate person to have found a SO (GG) who is so completly accepting of my feminine side. It was one of our conversations some time ago when I came out to her that prompted the question. I really started dressing around 11 or 12 years old and my mother passed when iwas 12 going on 13.We were very close and she suggested that my desire to dress might have something to do with that loss. As I look back I can see now that I have always had a strong fem side albiet maybe not expressed by cding but always there. Anyhow thanks to all who responded I am getting alot more comfortable with myself having found this forum.

Dani:)

Annie D
03-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Hi Dani! I can't remember one reply to any thread posed as a why question that hasn't tried to reasonably tried to explain why we are the way we are. Our male side tries to be analytical while our female side is emotional. I, too, used to spend a lot of time thinking why am I this way and in a previous thread I asked, "Are you afraid of being thought of as gay?"

I am of the opinion that we over think because we want to explain to the world why we crossdress and kind of put the blame on something and somehow not take responsibility for our own actions. Does this sound like the educator in me? I am always telling kids, "Take responsibility for what you are doing and don't tell me that Johnny made you do it! If Johnny told you to jump off a bridge, would you do it?" That last part came out of my mom's mouth.

I dress because I like to and it doesn't hurt anyone in the general public. It could possibly damage relationships with people in my family so I therefore am prepared to say, "I have been like this for 50 years, it is nature." Laying blame on my actions on something no one can control and absolving myself of my responsibility for my actions.

I quit trying to overthink why, I just do it.

I apologize for anything I have said that might offend anyone. I have trouble typing as fast as I think. I love all the replies and enjoy discussing these "thinking" questions.

DemonicDaughter
03-06-2008, 08:19 AM
You know, you can look at this an entirely different way... sort of, lol! Its called passion.

You have a genuine passion for something. My passion is art. And if you think you obsess over CDing... hunnie, you ain't seen nothing yet!

Just because my passion is more accepted on a social level (though not so easily accepted on personal/relationship levels) doesn't mean its any less so. And just because yours isn't considered "mainstream" doesn't mean there's a damn thing wrong with it!

You are creative, your body is your canvas and you are expressing yourself in ways most people never even dare to try!

Don't let society make you think that there is anything wrong with who you are just because its not the norm. For THOUSANDS of years man has crossdressed! Men wore female apparel all throughout history. From corsets to tights to skirts and because it was the fashion at the time, no one breathed a word. Just because it isn't now (though more and more unisex clothing is coming to the forefront) doesn't mean there's a damn thing wrong with it!

I find it funny that people will tell me to not listen to anyone, to express myself, to keep creating my paintings because I can carry the label artist and they can fantasize about my "Bohemian" life. Pfft! No lifestyle is "oh so easy".

Everything has its challenges and you CDers really don't need more added to it with wondering about whether there is something "wrong" or not. Its who you are. You were made this way and its a beautiful thing!

*Steps off soapbox* I have spoken... probably too much. lol

ColleenW
03-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Hi Dani –

I agree, I’m not sure you can ever resolve the nature vs. nurture question. In my case I remember, at least by junior high (middle school today) admiring my sister’s clothes and wanting to wear them, and even sneaking some of them to wear myself. My family was not supportive, in fact when my father found out I got a good thrashing. Of course that didn’t beat the desire to CD out of me, it just suppressed it for a while. What ever the reason I’ve found it’s best just to be yourself.

ColleenW
03-06-2008, 10:25 AM
I discovered my cd side when playing innocent "bedroom games" with my wife. To say the floodgates were opened is an understatement! I until that point was a "proper man" - anything considered girly was not for me!
I anguished for months, believing that I was turning "queer". Any minute I expected to start mincing my way around and kissing men. This was the extent of my hangup.
Eventually I found the Northern Concord and met and spoke with one of the founder members, who was also a psychiatric nurse. She pointed out that in both nature and history the male has had a highly decorative side to him - the peacock is a great example. 14th century men had more frills and flounces on their clothes than did the women, and so on. She also taught me that societys moral judgements ebb and flow as a fashion, and are not set in stone - look at how women wearing trousers was considered obscene during the 1920's. We are conditioned to suit these fashions.
Understanding all these things, together with a lot of discussion with my long-suffering wife, I came to the one conclusion that I am content with:
I am a CDer because I like to do it.
My gender is not in dispute. I am a full blooded male heterosexual. I love women, and like to think that my hobby has given me fresh insight into the way women "are". The enormous attention to detail, the care that even underwear is selected to co-ordinate, knowing that no-one will see it. These are the things which I enjoy learning about.

Hi Kay –

I’m not a fashion expert but I was under the impression that at the time men wore corsets, lace, etc. it was acceptable male clothing. Is this not correct? In any case women’s clothing is much more interesting than the drab stuff men have to wear.

harmony
03-06-2008, 10:31 AM
this is far out and i will keep it short!
i believe in reincarnation-repeated lifes on earth.
when our souls get ready to return it has to make a number of choices-one of them is gender.
choosing the male too often creates an imbalance and nature makes up for it .
both genders are always there but one usually dominates. we have a chance for harmony!!

KayR
03-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi ColleenW!
You're absolutely correct. My point was that "fashion", "morals" etc are entirely arbitrary. I was brought up in the 1950's (I'm 62). In those days men for example had short hair. period. My own attitudes were thus affected by this kind of environment. Consequently when I realised I was a CDer, it almost boiled my noodle! Paradoxically, I now remember with fondness and regret that I grew up in what for me was a golden age of femininity - and I missed out on it!!

Suzy Harrison
03-06-2008, 11:29 PM
this is far out and i will keep it short!
i believe in reincarnation-repeated lifes on earth.
when our souls get ready to return it has to make a number of choices-one of them is gender.
choosing the male too often creates an imbalance and nature makes up for it .
both genders are always there but one usually dominates. we have a chance for harmony!!

I agree with you 100% - you are so right..
I have had so many very special dreams about this area that I came to this conclusion a long time ago.

What really blew me away was some years ago I went to see a medium about dreams I kept having about a past life. Before we had hardly started she said that in most of my former lifes I had been female but this time around I choose to be male. I nearly fell off the chair when she said that..

StayceeCD
03-07-2008, 03:09 AM
I know for myself, nobody made me like this.. It just was. Didn't have mom or sis dressing me.. In fact as long as I can remember I tried to hide it. I seriously don't think anyone would CHOOSE to be CD / TG.. Life is hard enough without throwing THAT monkeywrench, no propeller shaft wrench in the mix!

ringedjohn
03-07-2008, 03:45 AM

Like KayR, my gender is not in dispute. I am totally heterosexual and am happy with every facet of my sexuality - including crossdressing. The CD is a source of great pleasure - and so is my self-imposed chastity tube. I also have a good range of body piercings - all for my own pleasure.

Julia Welch
03-07-2008, 08:05 AM
I've never felt freaky about my CDing but I do worry what others would think if caught, and won't out myself just because of this.

I am a totally straight male who looks and feels great in womens clothes...it's just a hobby that I really enjoy.

Some guys collect beer cans....I have a skirt collection...:)

ColleenW
03-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Hi ColleenW!
You're absolutely correct. My point was that "fashion", "morals" etc are entirely arbitrary. I was brought up in the 1950's (I'm 62). In those days men for example had short hair. period. My own attitudes were thus affected by this kind of environment. Consequently when I realised I was a CDer, it almost boiled my noodle! Paradoxically, I now remember with fondness and regret that I grew up in what for me was a golden age of femininity - and I missed out on it!!

Hi Kay -

Absolutely agree

jenniferwhite
03-08-2008, 12:50 AM
I wondered that myself. Mom told me that my bio father (who I never met an never will ) enjoyed wearing womens panties most of the time. Think thats why I wear them every day. I never told mom I cd alot, god rest her beautiful soul. Maybe thats who we should ask ? The big guy himself, after all he made us:daydreaming: ..... :love: jen

RobynP
03-08-2008, 03:03 AM
There is not one shred of evidence that crossdressing is genetic. There is no "CD" gene. To say that we were born this way is factually wrong. Just because your dad, your son, or your uncle is a crossdresser does NOT mean that it is genetic.

That only leaves one other possible explanation... As much as we like to think that scientists know everything there is to know about us humans, in reality, they know very little about the brain. They are learning more and more every day. But studying crossdressing is not a very high priority if it is on their research list at all... Our brains are all wired different. Our brains do not stop "wiring" themselves until our late teens or early twenties. Somehow, somewhere in our past our brains became "wired" for crossdressing (along with many other things)....

Robyn P.

Amy Hepker
03-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Well, I myself believe that I was born with a female mind and that I was crossdressing as a guy because that is how I was programmed as a male. Yes, I am male in body parts, but my mind is Female and I am at home in my Female role.

Lara Smith
04-17-2008, 01:30 AM
Hmmm…Such a sticky question! Genes? Maybe. Brainwire? Maybe. Past life? Maybe. Environment growing up? Maybe. All four? Maybe.

I was in my thirties before I finally had the courage to go “all the way.” I had worn panties and slips in private since I was very, very young. It wasn’t until I was married that I bought an A line knit jersey skirt and scoop necked stretch top, thigh highs, a pretty bra (never worn one before then) and a pair of high heeled pumps. I was self employed then, my wife was working, and I had time to myself. When all the mail ordered things arrived, I couldn’t wait to get dressed. I will never ever forget the moment I was completed as long as I live! Nothing I had ever done in my entire life had ever felt or made me feel, so right! As I walked across the room in my skirt and heels, it felt as if I had been doing it forever. I didn’t even have to get used to the heels. Then I looked in the mirror…from the neck down…I was looking at a person I had been longing for most of my life. Now where does that come from?

Even though I had been flirting with panties forever, even though I had figured out when I was a sophomore in high school that I was longing for lesbian sex because of a dream I’d had (before I was actually very aware that there were lesbians) I hadn’t really figured out, or didn’t want to admit to myself that I wanted to actually BE a girl. I think that is why I never really ever dressed before that moment. I think I was actually in some kind of deep, deep denial. But the urge to dress completely finally overtook me until I HAD to do it.

What FLOORED me was how right and natural it felt to be dressed. How calm and relaxed I was….and how I never wanted to not be dressed from that point on.

The big dilemma….I liked my male form and persona! There wasn’t anything wrong with it. I was lucky to be extremely handsome and charismatic and a decent and compassionate human being. I was extremely attractive to the opposite sex (though the female part of me inside may have been a large component to that) but was never keenly aware of that fact until my wife told me about it and I began to watch more closely how women reacted to me in general.

Now it gets very complicated. I like my male person. I have a great sex life. I am not in any way attracted to men. But I am much more at peace with myself enfemme. And I am without question a lesbian. .

So, I am a heterosexual male and a lesbian woman. Wow. What could be more difficult? No human being would wish this upon themselves in the current state of mankind’s development. As difficult as this has made my life, I also realize it is a GIFT and how lucky I am to have been able to be on both sides of the fence. It really is wonderful to be able to go be girl when I need to.

CD Susan
04-17-2008, 03:12 AM
What a wonderful thread. I do not have the time at present to respond to this completely so will just make a couple of short comments now and return later with a much longer response. I think every person that has ever been born is unique in thier own special way. Nature has never produced two examples of humanity that are exactly the same. That is just the way it is believe it or not. Everyone of us are examples of human evolution and there is no master copy for mother nature (some may call it god) to follow to achieve that example. So that said, even though we are all different isn't that the way that it is supposed to be? So as crossdressers are we not just a part of the whole vast part of being human? I mean what is "normal", actually there is no such thing for the reasons that I have previously stated. I would like to express my opinions on this subject in a much deeper way and will attempt to do so at a later time . For the time being I hope every one understands where I am coming from on this.

CD Susan
04-17-2008, 03:26 AM
What a wonderful thread. I do not have the time at present to respond to this completely so will just make a couple of short comments now and return later with a much longer response. I think every person that has ever been born is unique in thier own special way. Nature has never produced two examples of humanity that are exactly the same. That is just the way it is believe it or not. Everyone of us are examples of human evolution and there is no master copy for mother nature (some may call it god) to follow to achieve that example. So that said, even though we are all different isn't that the way that it is supposed to be? So as crossdressers are we not just a part of the whole vast part of being human? I mean what is "normal", actually there is no such thing for the reasons that I have previously stated. I would like to express my opinions on this subject in a much deeper way and will attempt to do so at a later time . For the time being I hope every one understands where I am coming from on this.

CD Susan
04-17-2008, 03:29 AM
oops, I think I hit the send button twice. sorry bout that.

trannie T
04-18-2008, 12:53 AM
As each one of us is unique there may be a unique reason for each one of us to be a crossdresser. There have been several threads on the same subject and each one has reached the same conclusion, we don't know.

CD Susan
04-19-2008, 04:36 AM
Dani, I want you to know how I think it is. I am no kind of expert on this and am not trying to come across as one. But here is my totally unprofessional opinion on this. We are all the same at an early stage in the womb. We are neither male or female. As we progress through our developement as an embryo we take on different characteristics of being male or female. Eventually we develope into what is considered as being a male or a female and we experience birth. But it is not that simply defined. Everyone has the characteristics of both sexes to some degree at birth. So what I am saying is there are characteristics of both male and female in everyone. That level of difference is not the same in everyone thus the vast difference in the whole scheme of human sexuality. So this is how I think about it, nature has not explicitly defined any true line between being male or female but there is an area inbetween, call it a grey area if you will, where there are many of us that can and do fit into this part of the definition of human sexuality. This is just my thoughts on this, I am sure there are others that can expand on this or even refute what I have said about it. I am just trying to convey my thoughts on a subject that may be of concern to you.

Tammy298
04-19-2008, 05:45 AM
... I really started dressing around 11 or 12 years old and my mother passed when iwas 12 going on 13.We were very close and she suggested that my desire to dress might have something to do with that loss. ...
Dani:)

I really think it has a lot to do with losses like that. I've had couselling a few times, and mostly not about CDing, and loosing mothers inparticular can have significant impacts on ones life. Here's my real story:
My mom passed away when I was 5. My sis and I went to live with out grandma for a couple of year and I can remember having a strange curiosity about her underthings. At that point in my life, that's all it was, a strange curiosity. A few years latter my dad re-married and we had a "mom" and a family again. In my mid teens she got MS and died a few years latter. By my late teens, my sis had moved out and my dad had a live-in GF. Let's just say, that's when I really started getting more thaninterested in womens clothes!

Josephine 1941
04-19-2008, 06:22 AM
Hi Danicd, I have a different story, I have been a CD since the beginning of my life. My father wanted a girl so I was dressed as a girl until I went to school. Boy was I screwed up. I then did all the boythings but still once in a while dressed in my mothers cloths. I then got married to my first wife an once in a while I had the chance to dress. When we got divoriced I was a little more open with the women I met. My second wife let me dress but not in frount of her,never went out or anything like that. Now that I am with my girl friend she likes me to dress all the time I think she perfers me as a female. So now I have a very good life:D :D :D

TGMarla
04-19-2008, 08:16 AM
All of us have a mixture of the masculine and the feminine within us that makes up our souls. Through societal norms and through our upbringing, our genetic gender tends to amplify one over the other. Somewhere there is a trigger that acts as an override to what we have been programmed to believe which changes our affinities and our behaviors. When this happens, our curiosity to explore the other parts of our personalities emerges. Before long, we are emulating the "other" gender.

True? Perhaps. It works for me.

Brenda's Friend
04-19-2008, 09:11 AM
My sister dressed me up when I was very young, but why has the urge to dress stuck? It is very inconvienient. I have a wife who is extreamly oposed to crossdressers (yet she loves Monty Python). I am a guy, I think like a guy, I am more comfortable in jeans than a dress, but still I have this huge desire to dress. If I could get rid of this urge, I would, but still, dressing is such fun!

BF