PDA

View Full Version : Need some Help!

Kimberleighann
03-05-2008, 08:49 PM
A close friend of mine who has been dressing for years and has taught my wife and I alot about crossdressing and understanding my feelings, told me something that I am worried about. He told be that he started to take his wifes birth control pill to help him with breast growth and other boby changes.
I do not know alot about this and I am worried that he is going to harm himself. Can any one give me any information about this. Both pros and cons would be helpful. I want to make sure that I am not making something out of nothing or if there are major risks I would like to talk to him about them. I am triing to get as much information as I can so I can have a real talk with him and not attack him and push him away.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Kimberleigh Ann

Susan.
03-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Someone who actually knows will certainly post her words of wisdom. Meanwhile, yes it is dangerous and I've heard they don't help in the least. She needs to get a doctor's prescription of the correct drugs under the doctor's supervision.

Holly
03-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Birth control pills are full of hormones among other things. Taking them without medical supervision is risky at best. Your friend should discontinue this practice and if he wants to pursue body changes through drug use, should seek medical guidance. Taking ANY prescription medication without a doctors order is risky.

GypsyKaren
03-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Birth control pills have such a low dosage of estrogen that it's a waste of time and money to take them, there's not near enough in them to make any changes. Hormones are serious stuff with lots of possible side effects, I see no reason to take them unless you're transitioning.

Karen Starlene :star:

Sandi jo
03-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Something like that a doctor must be informed.I wouldn't think its something to do on your own

ColleenW
03-05-2008, 10:46 PM
If your friend really wants to grow breasts he really should see a doctor, preferably someone schooled in TG issues. In general there isn't enough estrogen in BCP's to cause a male to grow breasts. There are two things you need to do. First you have to remove the testosterone, usually chemically (Proscar, spirnolactone, etc.) then use estrogens to stimulate breast growth. Managing all of the drugs necessary really needs to be done by someone who knows what he/she is doing. By the way it's not only breast growth that will occur, he'll loose muscle mass and will have redistribution of fat into a more feminine figure.

ColleenW

ChrisP
03-06-2008, 09:12 AM
As a physician and a CD, I can appreciate the attraction your friend has towards developing a more feminine physique.

BC pills carry the same range of risks for males as they do for women: blood clots (DVT), liver enzyme changes (not common), and some other not-to-frequent side effects.

The BC pills on the market nowadays (as compared to the 1960's) have a much lower dose of estrogen, and really are not very effective for enhancing breast size.

Your friend needs to find a CD friendly physician near her (and 100 miles is near enough), and consult with that person about what she wants.
There are physicians who have transgendered patients, and who stay up on the literature regarding estrogen administration for males.

Also, if there is a University/Medical school near her, she can use their library and do a literature search herself about some of the newer findings.

I don't think your friend is likely to hurt herself (although of course that's possible), but she's not doing herself any favors either.

Best of luck,

Chris

RobertaFermina
03-06-2008, 11:30 AM
As I recall, BC pills push the hormone progesterone, not estrogen. Maybe that is only one type of BC pill. They don't push estrogen, they try to tell the body that it is already pregnant, so it stops supporting conception.

Anyhow, it is the wrong tool for the job.

Go back to Home Depot and get the right one !

:rose: Not a Doctor :rose:

MsJoann
03-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Screwing around with your hormones is not a good thing. I rarely even take an aspirin. Your friend's health is too important to play with any kind of chemicals without coaching from a doc.
If he feels so strongly about altering his body chemistry, I would suggest he have a sit down with a female MD and explain what he is going through or what he wants.
Just my 2c