PDA

View Full Version : Trading Roles

Danielle Hyatt
03-06-2008, 01:58 AM
Just wondering if anyone here got marry and maybe
deside that you want to trad rolls you become the wife and your wife become the husband?

I thank I would but not all the time!! What about you?

Your Friend
Dan:D

Davinnia
03-06-2008, 02:09 AM
You make it sound like there are defined roles for a husband & wife In my case, we refuse to accept that there are male or female roles around the house. For instance, it can often be that my wie is mowing the lawns while I am sewing or ironing. We take it in turns to cook & we'll both do ironing & cleaning.
We did these things before she knew I was a Cder. Maybe it's my fem side that declines to accept the traditional male roles. Men who refuse to clean or cook or iron are probably NOT into crossdressing.
Some evenings when I really dress up, my wife will be in jeans & tshirt, so that could be classed as trading roles, I suppose.

Angie G
03-06-2008, 10:04 AM
We do on a limited bases :hugs:
Angie

StacyCD
03-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Nope! It never crossed my mind. I am a heterosexual crossdresser and have no interest in being with anyone other than my SO. Certainly, others may not feel the same and that is just fine!

DemonicDaughter
03-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Nope! It never crossed my mind. I am a heterosexual crossdresser and have no interest in being with anyone other than my SO. Certainly, others may not feel the same and that is just fine!

I don't understand... with was about trading roles with your wife, not swapping wives!

And I use to dress as a man and take my CDing ex husband out on dates. :D

Deborah Jane
03-06-2008, 01:26 PM
And I use to dress as a man and take my CDing ex husband out on dates. :D

That sounds like fun:)

Sandi jo
03-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Yes it does sound like fun

CharleneCD
03-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Actualy it is very fun. two years ago my wife and i attended a trans Ball. I wore the gown and she rented a tux. We both had a blast.

In more general life matters, we definitely take the opposite roles. Currently she is the breadwinner and I am the house hubby. I cook,clean, and iron her clothes so she can concentrate on her work. This works out fine for both of us.

DemonicDaughter
03-06-2008, 06:07 PM
It was a blast and we loved it!!! Such a shame he caved into a shell afterwards and began hating himself. I'm hoping to take my SO out for a night on the town fully dressed and ready to dance the night away. :D

Eugenie
03-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Just wondering if anyone here got marry and maybe
deside that you want to trad rolls you become the wife and your wife become the husband?

I think I would like it, but the chances of this happening are pretty close to zero with my wife...

But in reality I would just be content if my wife accepted that we would go out together as two female friends... This too, unfortunately, is highly unlikely... :brolleyes:

Thanks for proposing this interesting thread... I enjoyed some of the answers very much...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Violetgray
03-06-2008, 06:26 PM
It was a blast and we loved it!!! Such a shame he caved into a shell afterwards and began hating himself. I'm hoping to take my SO out for a night on the town fully dressed and ready to dance the night away. :D

People like you are very precious in the TG community! You must have to fight the trannies off with a stick! lol

DemonicDaughter
03-07-2008, 08:20 AM
People like you are very precious in the TG community! You must have to fight the trannies off with a stick! lol

*blushes*

Thank you. But the truth is, I simply love people for who they are and find that I have a great deal of respect for anyone that can be themselves despite the many obstacles they have to face. I see no reason to believe a CDer is anything about an amazing person who can recognize their true self and have the courage to show it. I admire them greatly.

... Plus, let's face it! It is WAY too much fun being able to get all dressed up and be all gurly especially with someone you love. :D

BTW... did I mention I LOVE your look?

JoAnnDallas
03-07-2008, 09:32 AM
When we both used to work full time, we always shared the household chores. Even cutting the grass and such. Now my wife is disabled, so she takes care of the inside of the house and I take care of the outside of the house. So we sitll share. LOL

Alana65
03-07-2008, 09:41 AM
I simply love people for who they are and find that I have a great deal of respect for anyone that can be themselves despite the many obstacles they have to face. I see no reason to believe a CDer is anything about an amazing person who can recognize their true self and have the courage to show it. I admire them greatly.

DD,

I hope your SO knows how amazing you are (especially in light of the above statement). If everyone in the world was as open-minded and respectful of others as you seem to be, we would all be better for it. It's an honor to even be associated with you through this forum.

Alana

DemonicDaughter
03-07-2008, 12:41 PM
DD,

I hope your SO knows how amazing you are (especially in light of the above statement). If everyone in the world was as open-minded and respectful of others as you seem to be, we would all be better for it. It's an honor to even be associated with you through this forum.

Alana

First, you have the same name as my mother (I love it). :) So when I first read this (in email notification) I almost did a double take for a second thinking, "Mom?" LOL!

Secondly, I think myself no better than the next person, just someone who's been through enough in life to know you cannot judge a book by its cover and that living as true to yourself as possible is nearly impossible. Thus why I give a lot of credit to anyone that can.

And thank you, I feel just as honored. :)

:love:
DD

Beth-Lock
03-08-2008, 01:17 AM
I did read of a case like that in the old days. I think it was in Havelock Ellis.

The son came in for counselling and was a bit screwed up, and they attributed it to the fact he had never seen his father except dressed as a woman and his mother, except when she was dressed as a man.

DemonicDaughter
03-09-2008, 12:56 PM
I did read of a case like that in the old days. I think it was in Havelock Ellis.

The son came in for counselling and was a bit screwed up, and they attributed it to the fact he had never seen his father except dressed as a woman and his mother, except when she was dressed as a man.

I joke all the time that the reason I don't want children is because I couldn't afford the therapy bills. Truth is, we can contribute anything we like to what our parents or those around us do. Or we can learn from it and apply our own experiences to making a better life for ourselves.

If his parents didn't dress differently, then it would be some other issue. The fact is, we can all say that something someone did in our past has a direct effect on our current viewpoint. I personally would have taken the experience to prove that society cannot dictate personality nor conformity and would have loved to have had such an open-minded family.

Amy Hepker
03-09-2008, 04:59 PM
That had crossed my mind with my second wife.

Ruby B
03-09-2008, 06:42 PM
I lost my job and have been unemployed for some time. I have become the "wife" of our relationship as my job now is to take care of the house. I cook and clean. I do all the shopping. I wake up every morning and prepare breakfast for my SO and pull out a couple of cute outfit choices for her. A lot of the time I am dressed. It has become routine and normal. I don't mind it but I need to get back to work to add another income to our relationship. I think that after I do re-enter the workplace I will still be the maid. Oh well...

waspookie6
03-09-2008, 07:00 PM
If I could bring an income that could afford it, we have talked many times how it would be a nice break to 'trade' rolls. As it is we share regardless - I've mowed, split wood, hauled in gravel, did the outside dirty work and he's vacuumed, gotten dinner ready, cleaned the kitty boxes, done laundry and start a fire in the winter evenings.

The only difference is sometimes he does it dressed now, it's become so common the only comment I might have is how nice whatever he is wearing looks :)

Billie Jean
03-10-2008, 01:47 PM
I don't understand... with was about trading roles with your wife, not swapping wives!

And I use to dress as a man and take my CDing ex husband out on dates. :DMe and my ex did it a couple of times to spice things up sexually. Billie Jean