PDA

View Full Version : Wife shocks me!

Michelle04240
03-08-2008, 09:06 AM
My wife has always been pretty supportive while at home but not so much when I try and venture out with anything resembling women's clothes on. We had an hour to kill yesterday and decided to go to K-Mart since we hadn't been in a while. Found our way to the shoe department and started to browse. She spotted a cute ballet flat type of shoe. She knows I'm looking for a pair.

"These are cute. Oh look they have an 11. Try them on"

:eek::eek:

Did she really just say that? Do I have the guts to do it?

I have never really had a need to try anything on in the past. I know what I want and grab it...with the exception of shoes. I have only a few pairs and fewer that fit right, mostly due to the size. I need a 12 but find a pair of 10's or 11's that fit pretty well now and then.

Anyway..I did try them on and 4 other pairs too! Trying on shoes in a rather busy store was a first for me. Having my wife suggest it was unexpected and way cool.

Raychel
03-08-2008, 09:31 AM
You must have had a real great time. I would be totally overjoyed if my wife were ever to sugest something like that. I would have to say that would be a good sign of acceptance.

Alana65
03-08-2008, 09:52 AM
That's awesome Michelle !! I hope it only gets better for you. :)

Alana

RikkiOfLA
03-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Waaaaay cool, Michelle! I hope you do something really nice for her in return.

Blessings,
Rikki

Shelly Preston
03-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Hi Michelle

Very good of your wife to suggest trying them on but did you buy any ?

EllenTheWonderGirl
03-08-2008, 10:05 AM
I hope you took advantage of the moments!

I wear a 10 open toed, and 11 closed. Call me bigfoot!

:drink:

Danicd
03-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Wow how great that must make you feel. I really don't think I'd have the courage to try them on in public.:o

Patty
03-08-2008, 10:09 AM
That would be a big surprise!!!
What did you buy??

Michelle04240
03-08-2008, 10:22 AM
That would be a big surprise!!!
What did you buy??

Doh! I guess I left that part out. It was a good thing I tried them on, I would have just grabbed them in the past but to my dismay....they did not fit. I did buy my wife a pair. She had to get a bigger size then normal. I guess they were running small :sad:

But I had a great time and didn't seem to care about the other people around. After all...I had permission!:tongueout

Megan70
03-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Hi Michelle,
I've bought shoes both ways, but mostly out "dressed", with stockinged feet for accurate fit. I usually get mine at affordable self service places like Payless, K-mart or like that. If you do go drab, which i presume here's what you do... take the womens shoes off the rack, head to the mens sections and take any random couple of mens shoes off the rack for "props". With all of them on the floor and womens shoes discretely half hidden under the mirrored seat wiait, til the aisle is clear and try them on . If if is not too busy walk a few steps to see how they feel. If someone is coming take them odd quickly and make like you're trying on mens shoes.Works for me!:)
Another thing to remember in most cases womens shoes run a full size larger than a mans. I take a 10 M, in mens but need a 11 wide in womens that they always have at Payless.

Melissa-M
03-08-2008, 12:06 PM
I to was at a large store recently (Target) and my wife and I where looking for a pear of shoe for me she has about the same size foot as I about 11 so she was trying them on. the only thing is we have different tastes so she said here you have a go so I sat down pulled of my shoe and started to try it on I could see out of the corner of my eye girls looking as they walked by I started to panic but then remembered that my wife was next to me I turned to say something to her and she was gone I took the shoe of put mine back on and walked away. when I found her she said that she could not stay around because she was concerned that the 5 yr old daughter my say something. I agree she dos not need to have to keep secrets and that was the end of the shoe shopping so I purchased a dress instead

Next time no kids

jessielee
03-08-2008, 01:38 PM
dear Michelle,
what a positive story you've shared, thank you so much!
i think i'm brave enough except that i'd want to be in stockings too for the fit.
and, in a small town, maybe not so brave.
but, you have encouraged me here; last august when first buying shoes on ebay, (see how brave i am?) i was having difficulty finding my size! they say womens' size is one larger than your drab size? more or less? i'm a drab 10.5 so i thought femme 12 might be just right in a pump. they might be f 11.5, need to get them out. but i'll snap a shot and e-mail it to you because if you like, they're yours! dark gray suede, 2.5 inch heel with darling bows on top.
first i need to dig them out from amongst the failures and rejects, hidden form my SO, too large for her!
thanks for the smile,
jessie

sandra-leigh
03-08-2008, 02:20 PM
I usually get mine at affordable self service places like Payless, K-mart or like that. If you do go drab, which i presume here's what you do... take the womens shoes off the rack, head to the mens sections and take any random couple of mens shoes off the rack for "props". With all of them on the floor and womens shoes discretely half hidden under the mirrored seat wiait, til the aisle is clear and try them on .

In most of the Payless I've been in, the mens shoes are in a different isle than the womens shoes; and your average man never hangs around the womens isles unless they have a glazed look waiting for their wife :) . The people who work at Payless really don't mind if a guy tries on women's shoes -- a couple of local Payless have told us that they (those locations) are actively going after the crossdressing market. I've only had one Payless employee look sort of uncomfortable helping me; I have had a number of Payless employees actively help me and several talk about which of the shoes are their favourites.

So in general, in most Payless stores (at least in urban Canada), just go ahead and try shoes on. Did I mention that they keep a supply of try-on stockings in case you didn't happen to wear stockings yourself? And did I mention that 95% of the time, any women shoppers in the store will be mostly concerned that you are going to take the shoes that they want :D

You might, however, prefer to avoid Saturday mornings or after-school, when families are shopping for shoes... sometimes families as a group can be less couth than those same people as individuals. Poor parenting, perhaps, but it happens... you might hear some comments from the next isle over.

Janet Bern
03-08-2008, 04:03 PM
As you get older you get more daring and really dont care what people think. As long as I am not in my area, I will try any shoe on any where and hold up a dress and if I like it try it on. The SA's dont care one bit, so do it. It also will accustom everone to accept us
Janet

Sandi jo
03-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Sounds like you should tell her how special she is,don't let her forget how you feel about her

Eugenie
03-08-2008, 05:26 PM
That's a great reaction from your wife...

I think that ours S/Os often have some ways to really surprise us...

Even though my wife is far less supportive than yours, a few month ago, while we were shopping together in the women section of C&A in Paris (me in drab mode of course) she said, to my biggest surprise "It's OK if you want to buy some things for you too."

This was completely unexpected... She even helped me a bit on matching skirt and top...

It never happened again unfortunately...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Michelle04240
03-09-2008, 12:15 AM
Yeah, I do believe it's your size +2
Although just like with anything it's not an exact science.

Payless always has something in my size, but usually not something I'd ever wear :( I guess you can shop at the website and ship it for in-store pick-up. Haven't tried that yet but may give it a shop, they do have some cute shoes.

My wife is very good about it all. We shop together all the time, and I am free to buy what I want. She helps and even often finds something cute and asks if I want one too. I love her and she knows just how much.

Thanks everyone for the input.

rachel dress
03-09-2008, 12:43 AM
my wife and i look at shoes all the time when we go shoping.
we have a good doing it.she is trying to help me with this.
she has a good time when we do this. love rachel dress

Amy Hepker
03-09-2008, 05:05 PM
You will have to let her pick her way through your CDing. If you force the issue or go wild without her, you will get in real trouble with her. Go Slow and accept what she will do for you and don't ask for more. I hear that all the time, all you want is more, more, more. Take an inch and be happy, if you take a mile, you may take the rest of them by yourself.

JoAnnDallas
03-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Back in early December, it was real cold and I put on one of my wifes robes that zip up the front. It was a lot warm than the one I have that wraps around you. She sees me and asks if I wanted a robe like hers. So Christmas Eve we goto the mall. We are in Macy's and looking at robes similar to hers. I pick out a couple and then my wife says, "Try them on, you want the robe to fit don't you". So right there in the store before everyone, I put on each robe and look at it in the mirror. Wife made her comments of fit and such and no one seem to care I was trying on the robes. I finially select a nice PINK one. She then askes if I wanted some new PJ's. So I ended up with a pair of satin PINK PJ's and even a pair of PINK fuzzy slippers too.

april lynn
03-10-2008, 06:21 PM
My wife tobe wants me to start going out like I do at home
:daydreaming:

Sherrii
03-10-2008, 08:09 PM
I hope you boughther a matching pair?

Sherrii

Staci
03-10-2008, 08:51 PM
This weekend we were traveling to visit one of our children. I have had quite a bit of stress lately and out of the blue she said, "You really deserve something pretty for all the stress you have been under lately. When we get home we need to shop for something for you." How cool is that? I know just what I want. There is a beautiful blouse in the spring/summer JCPenney catalog. It has a pretty ruffled front and ruffled short sleeves. I can't wait.

Seville
03-11-2008, 12:59 AM
As you get older you get more daring and really dont care what people think. As long as I am not in my area, I will try any shoe on any where and hold up a dress and if I like it try it on. The SA's dont care one bit, so do it. It also will accustom everone to accept us
Janet

I guess I am REALLY OLD! And BOLD! I wear knee highs and flats to
DSW, Shoe Carnival, PayLess, etc., and try on size 11s
to my hearts content. :)

I figure that as long as I buy something and don't leave
the place a MESS as many GGs do, I will always be welcome.

Marvina Martian
03-11-2008, 01:25 AM
Don't you just love shoe shopping with the wife?!

I always have a great time when I am out with mine and she gets me to try stuff on right there on the spot. Very cool! ;)

Kieroney
03-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Good for you, I'll never get that lucky in my relationship, maybe the next one I will.

Mary Morgan
03-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Every now and then when shopping together, my wife will suggest a blouse, or shoes, or skirt and I am on cloud nine. You go girl!

Baley
03-11-2008, 09:35 PM
that is so nice to hear. Im sure that just touched your heart. It all starts with small steps. I know, in my heart, that she will come around and be 100 percent supportive in the future. Best of luck!

Sheena Pink
03-11-2008, 10:43 PM
What a terrific wife you have, Michelle! Too bad they didn't have your size. :hugs: