PDA

View Full Version : Hello girls, update

CrossdressinGoth
03-09-2008, 12:14 AM
Hi girls.

Well, as some of you may remember, I made a post awhile back about me going to be joining the Marines. Well, my ship for boot camp date was set for this coming March 17. This however isn't going to happen. I have been doing a huge amount of thinking as to why am I really joining. In all honesty, I felt I was doing it all for the wrong reasons, not for one right reason. I had a horrible breakup, my parents don't think I'm "man enough" about some things, so and and so fourth. Many were happy when they heard I enlisted, but then I started to hurt on the inside because I was slamming the door shut on my true self.

I am a bi-curious crossdresser that loves to dress on the spur of the moment when and where they please, except at home with my parents and family not knowing of my dressing. We'll, for the last 3 years I have finally had a taste of being me, in all aspects of life, clothes aside. So, last week I talked with the recruiter and explained to them that Im bi-curious and that I'm a crossdresser. They first wondered if I was coming up with this because it was close to my ship date. I explained to them no it wasnt, and thats when I then showed them some pictures I have on my myspace page. Right there and then the main recruiter thanked me for being honest, thanked me for wasting his, and his staffs time on doing all this work signing me up.

I was worried about doing this but I am actually relieved because I know I didnt join now for the wrong reasons, I know I stayed out for the right ones. My parents are aware Im not going to boot camp but I did come up with a reason for them and they seem to have boughten it so, now time to move on with things in my life :)

vikki2020
03-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Well, I think it's probably for the better.Your young, and you have a whole lot of livin' in front of you. Good luck!

Michelle-NC
03-09-2008, 10:04 AM
You did the right thing, by being honest finally. I am sure the recruiter wasn't very happy, but in the end, it is better for everyone.

jill s
03-09-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm not sorry for the 20 years I did but it isn't the best way to live if you are "different" . Conformity is what the military is all about. Sounds like you made a good choice.

CrossdressinGoth
03-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks girls.

Yeah my recruiter was mad, but I told him that what is more important to me is not being ashamed and having to hide the person I really am.....funny how its easier to tell that to someone other then family, lol. I wouldn't have minded the military life, but with how much I have been exploring me more, it would've become a huge issue while I would be in the service. I figure, better to let the cat out of the bag now then get caught while serving.

docrobbysherry
03-09-2008, 01:09 PM
U have accomplished what had been my life's goal until I was a 25 y/o!
To avoid military service! Oh, I was drafted and got out at that age!

Now, I find out if I had been CDing back then, I wouldn't have had to go in? Crap!

TSchapes
03-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Right there and then the main recruiter thanked me for being honest, thanked me for wasting his, and his staffs time on doing all this work signing me up.

Oh poor baby, did he break a nail writing up all those difficult papers? Honestly, maybe the military needs to go back to sarcasm school...

This is my :2c: , you have to follow your heart through life. Do what's best for you, not what's best for mom & dad, and the guy down the street.

Very brave step girl, I believe you did the right thing. :hugs:

crunchysoda
03-09-2008, 04:14 PM
All in all I think it was a courageous thing that you did. I have heard of other TG people who join the military simply because they want to "prove" they are manly enough, or thinking it will surpress what's really going on in the inside,fit in to society, etc etc, like you said all the wrong reasons!

The comment the the recruiter said was just to make you feel guilty, but I guess it could've been worse.

It took guts to do what you did!

serinalynn
03-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Having retired from the U.S. Navy, I can tell you The Marines are not for the meek or the timid. Since you are not going to boot camp enroll in college and go earn your self a degree.

Nicole Erin
03-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Yeah the Marines ain't for everyone.
I am glad you didn't get into that mess.

The thing is, when you leave for the military and don't go home but a few weeks a year, you tend to miss a lot of things. YOu don't have the same friends, relatives are not as close, it just is kind of a mess. I was in a few years, about a decade ago, and even after the 3 years, nothing was the same.

At least now you can live your life for you.
I am very thankful for those who have served, but it is a decision not to be taken lightly.