PDA

View Full Version : So much to be thankful for...

Echo Logical
03-09-2008, 05:38 AM
It was just about a year ago when I finally told my wife that I was a cross-dresser, and that was because she found a pair of high heel boots in my things. Nine years of hinting, and then it suddenly came out during an argument. Boy do I wish I had done things differently.

So, a year, and a lot of emotion later. My wife is accepting. She is a member here, and has a much bigger post count here than I do. She is supportive, not just of me, but of many members here. My wife also has an outstanding sense of style, and has given me some great fashion tips, has given me space to dress, and a better understanding of makeup and how to apply it.

We are still exploring boundaries, taking things slow, talking a lot, and in all I think this journey has strengthened our relationship. Shopping together is much more fun, as is discussing things that we read here. Getting her thoughts on styles that match my body type, the latest on fashions, beauty tips, bargain hunting.

There have been some really fun things, like shopping for wigs together, we got the same style in different colors. A couple of days ago I bought some fake nails, not knowing any better I picked up tips, which are useless to me but my wife can use them. There was an entertaining moment when she realized the reason I never complained when she asked me to hold her purse.

So I have much to be thankful for, most of all, my beautiful wife.

:love:

Shelly Preston
03-09-2008, 05:48 AM
Thank you for sharing that with us

It's that kind of acceptance that gives hope to so many here

I hope you both have a long and happy life together :hugs:

Amy Hepker
03-09-2008, 05:49 AM
It is wonderful when you have an understanding SO!!! It can be really fun and enjoyable for both of you if they would just try to enjoy the real people we are.

susan2010
03-09-2008, 05:53 AM
Sounds like you're one lucky cder. Treat her well.

Kelsy
03-09-2008, 05:54 AM
It is a beautiful thing when your relationship is based in the truth. Nothing to hide. I am thankful for my wife and we love each other for who we really are.
It sure is fun to be able to share and enjoy everything together. Thanks for the uplifting post!!

Kelsy:)

Sandi jo
03-09-2008, 07:27 AM
Keep telling her how special she is

waspookie6
03-09-2008, 09:55 AM
He does :koc:

Typical marriage...it was a year ago he started dressing when I wasn't home, wasn't until September he told me (honeeee...the breast forms for my birthday?) lol
True to story it was an entertaining moment when during one of our many many hours of talking, it suddenly struck me why he never had an issue holding my purse when shopping :doh: :heehee:

From both of us: if it wasn't from reading the posts you all have shared...disappointments...confusion...successes we probably would be divorced by now. We feel blessed there was some place to learn from others and to TALK, 99% of the time it isn't cross dressing but many other things. Still putting one foot in front of the other and not freaking out over the future and "what if...".

:love: to all (because he gets more than that ;) )

Alice B
03-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Your wife is extremely special and you are a very lucky person. Many of us would love to be in your position with respect to their spouse. Mine is very loving and respecting of my dressing, but that is as far as it goes. I would love to be able to shop with her and to dress in her presence.

Raychel
03-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Very special women like are very hard to find. Make sure you keep her feeling like she is the most important person on earth.

PheonaP
03-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Two very special people. May your relationship last and last........ :hugs::love::hugs: