PDA

View Full Version : I'm "worth it" or am I?

Kate Simmons
03-09-2008, 07:27 AM
Well, it's been one disaster after another the last couple of days here where I live on the East coast. More flooding from these rains and now last night high damaging winds. Many are without power right now. I lucked out in that respect so far. In any case, it's given me time to reflect on things somewhat even though I'm feeling the lost hour of sleep with the time change.

I haven't shaved in two days and the beard is feeling pretty damn good. It kind of made me wonder why we put ourselves through all of this and just why the need to look and feel feminine is so pressing, especially since just doing the "guy thing" seems so much simpler sometimes. The fact is that it's much more than a fixed idea and intrinsically a part of who we are. Why else would we be willing to put up with potential ostracism from friends, loved ones and society in general?

It's more than just appearance however, it's how we express our feelings and although we may feel "good" by looking good, we have the basic need of feeling accepted for the total of who we are and that is partly what drives it I think. Okay, so we are a guy with softer feelings than most. Just how do we express that in a way acceptable to everyone and still retain our manhood? It's a difficult conundrum to say the least and one way to do it is to have a feminine "side" to express those feelings.

Another approach is to integrate the feelings into our overall self and this is what I've pretty much done. Still, it can be difficult at times, especially the way the system is set up. I think whoever came up with those expressions it's a "girl thing" or "guy thing" should be shot. Nothing is really that gender specific except the things that deal with genetics and those things are what they are and are basic facts of life.

I'm not saying I don't enjoy getting dolled up, I do but it is a lot of work and can be time consuming, which is why I've tried to get things down to minimum effort. Even so, that doesn't mean I do a half baked job when I get ready, it just means I no longer consider it a big deal as it's kind of "second nature" anymore and to me it's basically a fun thing and an art form. So, is it worth taking the time and effort to do all of this and what is the ROI (return on investment)? That can only be determined by the person doing it.:)

Nicki B
03-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Time for a new edition of 'The Lazy Crossdresser' (http://www.amazon.com/Lazy-Crossdresser-Charles-Anders/dp/1890159379)? :)

PameeSue
03-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Another approach is to integrate the feelings into our overall self and this is what I've pretty much done. Still, it can be difficult at times, especially the way the system is set up. I think whoever came up with those expressions it's a "girl thing" or "guy thing" should be shot. :)

Shooting would be too easy, and there would be fighting in the streets to get at the trigger......:D
On the other side.......maybe they could be force femmed ....hehehe:devil: that one gets my vote Salandra.

I too got about 3 days beard growth right now, and dont feel too worse for the wearing of it.

:hugs:Suzie P

Wendy me
03-09-2008, 08:57 AM
lol for now and the foreseeable future ..... what i believe to be are two persons are sharing the same body.....one let's call Wendy .... and the other lets cal "HIM".......oh how i believed at one time their could be only one of these two that could be in this body .....

and struggled with that i did .... over the years i have come to believe that i am not some cross dresser .... but rather just me .... and i can have this body shaved plucked and smelling pretty .....dressed in women's clothing ..... or dressed in drabs with a few days growth on my face ....and doing things that i might not envision as something Wendy might do......

so to answer your question .... "HE" is what "HE" is ... and for now i think "HE" is OK in "HIS" own way .... and not some one we can do with out ..... and Wendy what can i say as high maintenance as she might be this body just would never be the same without her..... yes she is worth all the time and effort ............

Kate Simmons
03-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Well, I do agree Wendy it's worth the effort looking nice and as you say it's all basically "me". Especially since I have integrated the feelings, the "guy" part is now so much more enjoyable and the fact that I have a conscious choice with how I express that. The fact is, some days I feel like a "nut", some days I don't.:heehee:

PameeSue
03-09-2008, 09:32 AM
.... and the fact that I have a conscious choice with how I express that. The fact is, some days I feel like a "nut", some days I don't.:heehee:

LOL....You are what you "eat"!:D

btw.....:2c:......only you know if you're worth it.

From all the wisdom and insightful postings that I have read from you......(I mean that as a total compliment. )

:hugs:Suzie P

Wendy me
03-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Well, I do agree Wendy it's worth the effort looking nice and as you say it's all basically "me". Especially since I have integrated the feelings, the "guy" part is now so much more enjoyable and the fact that I have a conscious choice with how I express that. The fact is, some days I feel like a "nut", some days I don't.:heehee:

i think ..... no ... i know Salandra your worth the effort in any mode ....

vikki2020
03-09-2008, 12:56 PM
It does get a bit much sometimes.If I get a day off, and use it for dressing,it gets to be a lot of work getting to do what you want in a short time! I need a day off, from my day "off":)But...yeah,it's worth it!