PDA

View Full Version : Self Image

RainyHaze GG
04-28-2005, 06:17 PM
This is a rather long and possibly rambling post. Just thought I would warn you in advance.

I have been thinking a lot about how people, myself especially view themselves. I put the post here because I didn’t really know where it should go, so mods please move it if necessary.

When I was younger, I had low self-esteem. I was, and still am a big girl. Six-feet tall and have had weight issues all my life. I have been pretty much the same size since I was 13 yrs old. This does not bother me now, only in those awkward pre-teen-teen years. I am losing weight now, because I want too, not because of someone else.

Added to my size issue, I realized my Gay feelings when I was around 10 years old. This may sound strange to some, but I had never been exposed to the concept of gay people as a child. So I thought for some time about a year, that I actually must be a Boy in a Girl’s body.

Has anyone experienced a similar feeling? For women trapped in men’s bodies does your size height, weight ever factor in? Or maybe the whole men should be larger women smaller too limiting, and just more labels?

As a teen my relationships with other girls often became confusing too me. Only one time did this ever come out. One of my friends and I talked about it, and came to the conclusion that if I were a guy she would date me!

Has this happened to anyone else?

I am not sure if my experiences are natural for lack of a better word, I dislike using the word normal. Nothing is normal.

I have been on a path of self discovery for several years now. It is important to me, that I not only find myself, but know myself.

One last question is it more important for one to view themselves as the sex they desire, or for others to view them that way?

I think of myself as a girl, I am gg. BTW, I believe that anyone believing themself to be a girl is a girl. Just my thoughts.

Thanks for reading!

Rainy

DonnaT
04-28-2005, 06:44 PM
Rainy,

is it more important for one to view themselves as the sex they desire, or for others to view them that way?

It is more important for one to view themselves as the sex/gender they believe they are. They should be comfortable in their self awareness. They should not worry about what anyone else thinks. No-one can live their life for them; and if they want to be happy in the life they are living, they should accept who they are.