PDA

View Full Version : One more baby step for this fraidy cat.

Pandora
03-12-2008, 12:25 AM
Well, I took one more baby step tonight and feel scared but excited. I’ve been dressing for years off and on and been through many relationships with GGs and never had the guts to own up and also never felt I could marry anyone who I wasn’t honest with so am still single. I first made the decision to “come out” to myself recently and have decided to not deny what is inside me and take baby steps toward being a more complete person. I’m totally straight so my reference to coming out simply means being honest about CDing.

My first baby step came a few days ago when I joined up here and I have been absolutely loving it spending my time reading and posting while fully dressed. Everyone is so nice and welcoming, it’s very comforting. Baby step #2 came tonight when I got the courage to go out to my car and drive around a bit. Not far out of my sub or anything, but for me it was petrifying. I’ve NEVER left the house dressed! Being fully dressed from heels to wig made me incredibly self conscious even though it was highly unlikely anyone would even see me. Neighbors lights are all out so they didn’t see me go to my detached garage either. I passed a few cars but since it’s late and cold and dark no one saw me driving either. I also learned that it can be tricky driving a manual in heels. :eek:

I know for many on here this is probably an incredibly dull story, but has been a huge step for me and I feel I have to share. I have never tried makeup so I am trying to learn as much as I can first by reading many threads here and then I will make that my next baby step. After that, who knows what will happen? I wish I did, but then again that’s what makes life interesting right? Thanks to everyone on here for being who you all are. :hugs:

Seville
03-12-2008, 12:29 AM
Good for you! And Welcome!

>>> Everyone is so nice and welcoming, it’s very comforting <<<

Yes, indeed, this site is populated by very nice people.
Sure, spend sometime reading the archives...lot of
good information there.

Am so glad that you're here with us, Hun, and keep posting
on your adventures. And no, your story wasn't boring.

breanna53
03-12-2008, 12:42 AM
thanks for sharing yor story. i enjoyed reading it.

ania83cd
03-12-2008, 04:46 AM
Since I made o promise to myself not to dress until I leave my parents flat I always appreciate stories like yours.:daydreaming:

Let us know on your next baby steps :hugs:

Amy Hepker
03-12-2008, 04:52 AM
We have all had simular experiances. You are on the right track, I believe the first time I went out by myself I was shaking. Just relax and enjoy. Soon it will be normal to get out. Be your TRUE self. Don't be tricked into being gay because you are dressing as you don't have to be and many more of us here are heterosexual than Gay. ENJOY!!!!

Shelly Preston
03-12-2008, 05:31 AM
Everything begins with the smallest step

Good luck and just try not to rush anything :)

Chari
03-12-2008, 08:11 AM
So glad you found and joined this forum, where we are all learning about the femme side of life! Taking those "baby steps" was a big leap forward and as long as you are comfortable - confident in yourself, the next outings will get easier.

Hugs2U, Chari

JoAnnDallas
03-12-2008, 08:57 AM
Congrads........We all have started by taking small steps outside. I started back in 2005 going outside in the DAYLIGHT. Talk about scary. Then after a few outings (walking, driving, getting gasoline), I went to a CD convention that was being held here in Dallas back in 2006. This led to my joining Tri-Ess and now I go out shopping and etc. with no problems.

One thing you will find and that is, "going out is addictive". LOL

Carla4Guage
03-12-2008, 10:04 AM
C ONGRATULATIONS - you’re in a select group. Your story is not dull; it’s what we all (those who ever make it that far) experienced. Everyone feel that they are the first to ever leave the security of the home to venture out, but of course we are not. Pace yourself, practice and dare yourself to spread those wings. Believe me the fun has just started, there will be misadventures alone the way, so be prepared for them.

JennyS.
03-12-2008, 10:12 AM
COngrats! I just went out for the first time a couple of weeks ago... It was great! As soon as I get the makeup part down, I will go out more often. Just need to keep practicing.

shannonsilk
03-12-2008, 10:17 AM
:iagree:
One thing you will find and that is, "going out is addictive". LOL

I've been goingout every week or two. It's hard to stop. and why should I?

donnadawn
03-12-2008, 10:25 AM
That's how it is done! I've learned that if you take small steps you actually will take steps. Each step is an exercise in faith and trust but most of all a growth in self esteem and confidence. I remember when I first started to CD I thought every one in the world would recognize that I was wearing panties under my male drab. HAH! No one knows. As I progressed to more obvious things such as low rise jeans and womens shirts (they button differently) and shoes and hair styles ( I have a long pony tail that I spend time with a curling iron on ) that I became more confident and realized that most people do not notice and if they do don't care. Check it out yourself. The next time you are in a crowd ask yourself 'did I look closely at every guy to see exactly what he was wearing?' I'll bet you never look at their feet or check to see what side of the shirt the buttons are on. You quickly gain confidence in your self and soon realize that even if some one does make you that it is not that big of a deal if you are comfortable with your self. There may be limits to it as in any situation. I know that I would never pass as a GG so I would never wear a dress in public but I have gone as far as wearing my bra with padding to my hair stylist. I asked her if she cared and she said no. Every body is free to be who they are. So you go girl, go ahead and take those steps. You'll enjoy each one as it is a thrill.

Sandi jo
03-12-2008, 11:52 AM
We all do what we feel we can do.Lots of luck to you.

jessielee
03-12-2008, 11:54 AM
and the cheering squad goes wild!
mmm standard transmission in heels...
your baby steps are most impressive.
thank you for sharing!
i look forward to hearing of great strides
decked and heeled of course
as all of our baby steps continue toward ultimate consummation.
eagerly,
jessie

Fab Karen
03-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Don't be tricked into being gay because you are dressing as you don't have to be and many more of us here are heterosexual than Gay. ENJOY!!!!
That's like saying don't be tricked into being heterosexual.

Dawn D.
03-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Pandora,

I say congrats as well! Now that you've opened that box look out! You will find it hard to go back inside. I have only been going out since late last summer and it has been a whirlwind of new experiences ever since. Practice your makeup, dress to blend and get out there!

Hopefully you will find someone to share your experiences with that you don't have to hide from. As you said, be honest about this gift up front when you do find that 'special' someone and then enjoy.

Dawn

debbeelee1
03-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Yep, little steps at a time Pandora! You are on your way girl!:)

Josie Angel
03-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks for sharing, Pandora. *hugs* Coming out and being honest with yourself is a big step. I'm still going through that in a way.

I am taking my own baby steps, so I can relate.

Be proud of yourself. *hugs* Congratulations. Keep going.

Joanne Davis
03-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the inspiration. I too have just gone thru a similiar first step and now reading about your step 1, it has encouraged me to do the same, one step I never thought I would make but always wanted to. Thanks for the inspiration.

Pandora
03-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Be your TRUE self. Don't be tricked into being gay because you are dressing as you don't have to be and many more of us here are heterosexual than Gay. ENJOY!!!!

Uh, I agree with Fab Karen. Actually a little puzzled by that comment. Is this based on some of your own experiences? This whole experience of "coming out" to myself about my dressing is actually making me feel more secure in my masculinity and heterosexuality. Never had much doubt about that anyway though. I've been feeling a new sense of confidance in myself lately. Rikkiof LA actually started a brilliant thread about that.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78623

Thanks for the other kind words Amy and everyone else on here. It's through exploring the many threads from everyone else that I am gathering strength. :hugs:

PheonaP
03-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Thanks for sharing your story Pandora. Lovely to hear of fledgling exploits. It'll be daylight soon and the sun will shine, you won't want to go home. :hugs:

Sheena Pink
03-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Yeah! The first steps are the hardest. Way to go. Thanks for sharing:hugs::)

Suzy Harrison
03-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Every journey starts with the all important first steps - so you're already on your way :hugs:

Brynna M
03-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Very nicely done. Congratulations. You're farther along in being open than me.

B.

Jilmac
03-12-2008, 11:18 PM
Pandora, baby steps are the best way to feel comfortable about your feminine self. Pretty soon the baby steps will become leaps and bounds. Believe me girl I was a fraidy cat just a few months ago but the more I do en femme, the easier it gets. I give you a :thumbsup: thumbs up for your courage. Luv and :hugs: Jill

TSchapes
03-15-2008, 08:29 PM
I know for many on here this is probably an incredibly dull story, but has been a huge step for me and I feel I have to share.

Congratulations! :Party2:

Not dull at all hun, the first time outside is both terrifying and exiting. It's been a long time for me. It may be awhile before I do it again too. I'm just starting to shop in drab again without feeling goofy about it.

GINA-CD
03-15-2008, 08:40 PM
You don't have to wait until you've read everything about make-up to start experimenting. My suggestion is, start today with what you know and see what you get, you might be surprised. Then, re-read or find new info and you'll better understand it since you've already started the hands-on training... I guess you'll find it makes more sense once you've tried it than just by learning the theories... and congratulations, the best way to start moving forward is taking the first step.

dee anne
03-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Baby steps turn into big steps then into running .
Enjoy the journey

Dee anne

Missy Anne's GG
03-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi Pandor,

It's always nice to read stories like yours of going out and taking that first big step. It helps so many who may be timid.

Thanks for the write-up and hugs, :hugs:

Missy Anne's GG