PDA

View Full Version : Television Alert

Melissa A.
04-29-2005, 02:36 PM
Hi All,

I know the topic is transexualism and not crossdressing(there are lots of TS's and TG's here too), but on Oprah today- April29, 4:00(in my area)- "He bacame a woman-why she stayed". Just thought I'd let everyone know.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Wendy me
04-29-2005, 02:39 PM
omg i forgot all abought that thanks girlfreind...................

huge wendy hugs to you.........

melissacd
04-29-2005, 03:36 PM
I watched it...wow! It was a fantastic interview!

Paula A
04-29-2005, 04:03 PM
Darn IT!I missed it,

Melissa, Did you happen to tape it???

melissacd
04-29-2005, 04:17 PM
No I am sorry I did not tape it. I just caught it in time and did not have a chance to find a tape to put it on. I wish that I did though because it was a really great show.

Perhaps one of the other girls taped it. I would love to get a copy myself.

Melissa A.
04-29-2005, 04:19 PM
I'm sorry, Paula, I did not. I only have a DVD player, and I don't think it has a record function.

The couple interviewed are only human, but have made the best of what has happened. Many could learn from them. Very nice story.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

melissacd
04-29-2005, 04:57 PM
I was very impressed with how well the couple were together and very impressed with how well he had transitioned into a very elegant she.

I was very taken back by how good he/she looked but I was very impressed with his wife. They have a very serious and deep love, you can tell. I sensed that they had gone/are still going through difficulties and yet I very much got the impression that they will be able to weather that storm. Now that is unconditional love. I am jealous :( That is the kind of love I want.

susie d
04-29-2005, 05:09 PM
It's not yet 4 on the west coast and I plan to tape it Paula.

Georgette
04-29-2005, 05:50 PM
Just got through watching and she/he looked great, yes they still have problems but they are working on them. I liked when O made the comment on the crossed legs. :)
Just maybe we are getting somewhere in this crazy mixed up world, just maybe. :rolleyes:

Sharon
04-29-2005, 05:56 PM
I missed the program, but for all of you in the Philadelphia area, the program is being rerun at 1AM Saturday morning.

obsessedwithpantyhose
04-29-2005, 06:31 PM
hi i live in Phoenix Arizona and we DONOT change our clocks so we end up being 3 hours behind EST in the summer so with that said the show of which u all speak of will be on again here at midnight on channel 3 :D :D

Mistress Frillee
04-29-2005, 07:44 PM
It was a very positive show.....I loved it!

Wendy me
04-29-2005, 09:12 PM
i saw the show . i thought it was a veary good show nouthing negitive and veary well done....to show that we are not some groupe of sicko's was good .more possitive light into the closet..........

ChristineRenee
04-29-2005, 09:25 PM
I watched the show today too and was very impressed with how it was done and with the couple themselves. Talk about your unconditional love! I watched it with my wife and was pokin' and jabbin' at her during the whole interview. You sense that they still have an awful lot to work out yet, but there definitely is a deep and abiding love there and you also come away feeling that they are eventually going to work through this. A very good show...and one that does admirable credit to our community I felt. Thanks Oprah!:cool:

Love,
Chrissie:)

TrueGemini'sWife GG
04-29-2005, 11:49 PM
I was at work this afternoon as the show aired. Made sure I was in ear and eye shot. I thought it was done with honesty and without judgement, as much as I was able to see. The cool thing about it? Well besides it was almost like my life, our waiting room was full of people, but only two were on the edge of their seats watching. One male, male? And one female. As I scanned the room, 2 thoughts came to mind..
First, he is a CDer....
Second? She is with one.

Without a word, I looked at both at different times and gave them each a wink and a smile and got the greatest gift...
a knowing smile from both..
There is hope as long as we are there....

Olivia
04-30-2005, 05:37 PM
My wife was watching that segment as I came in from work Friday. She called me in to watch it with her. It was very interesting and well-done but I thought Oprah had to resort to mugging and a bit of fun-poking when maybe none was called for. I don't know, probably just me though!? My wife saw more of it than I did but we did discuss it for a long time. Later, she told me that the story had seemed very sad to her, especially when she considered what the wife had sacrificed in the arrangement. No more intimacy with her mate, as she had known it anyway. I agreed that was a valid point and also predicted that the couple would need a huge amount of devotion and maybe a lot of luck too to keep the marriage going long-term. They were five years post-op at this point. Anyway, it was a great topic and should have created some discussion wherever it was seen. Later girls, Olivia.

Vivian Best
04-30-2005, 06:07 PM
Oprah Show.

I also saw the show and thought the couple were pretty matter of fact about the sex change. This was the second time the new female (I don't recall her name) had been on the show. The first time the wife would not go on the show. So she has made great strides in accepting her former husband's change. They have talked to their children about how to tell others when asked about why they didn't have a father and they were pretty open to the residents of the town where they live and it appears the town folks accepts them reasonably well.

I thought the new woman was a pretty good looking woman. She certainly had the female mannerisms and neuances down. I'll be honest, it they hadn't told that she was formally a man I wouldn't have given it a thought. She was all woman to me albeight she was large (not fat).

Personally, I thought it was a good story and handled quite well although some of Oprahs looks at the camera were priceless as in "I can't believe this". I was impressed with the smooth way the new woman handled questions about "why the surgery" why not just live as a woman. You could see she was very confident in herself and what she had done. Oprah pushed on that issue and the woman fired back and said what would you do if you had a penis between your legs and Oprah said she had never been ask that question before. Good show, handled well, particularly the new woman.

Vivian