PDA

View Full Version : My Family I must Leave.

xsarahlynn
04-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Sorry I guess I put this in wrong room. This is my first poem. I have written this as I am getting ready to move from NY to NC.

My Family I must leave.

I must give up my family You see.
Because the woman in me they can not see.

I was born a boy for all to see.
But inside there is a girl to be.

As a boy growing up, I was not the norm.
I was a girl on the inside as I was born.

My wife chose to love me the best.
But today she can not see me in a dress.

Now children we have two to share.
But from them my secert I must bare.

Once a father who loved them dear.
Now I'm Sarah, who it is said they must fear.

Now also my friends I must leave.
Because the woman in me they would not believe.

Now to be Sarah in my outer shell.
Am I live the rest of my days in hell?

A closing thought from Sarah's friend, who knows Her well.
Harm none and do what You shall.

If only my family could believe as She.
Then leaving them I would not be.

Sarah Lynn
4/29/05

Melissa A.
04-29-2005, 04:00 PM
Hi Sarah,

Here, we understand. Here, we admire your bravery. Here, we sympathise with the pain you have felt all your life. It is unfortunate, but not unusual, that the ones who love you the most cannot try to see and understand what you are going through.

I don't want to minimize what your spouse must be feeling, however. I obviously don't know the details of your situation, but it is natural for her to feel shocked and somewhat betrayed, and cheated. But I would say no one has the right to tell you what is best for your children, or to keep you away from them.

I wish you all the best with your move. I hope you have some support where you are going. But please don't move away from here. The girls here are only too happy to be a part of your support system. I feel alot of admiration for the decision you have made, since you know it will be difficult.

Best of luck, Sarah. Be brave. and don't lose touch with your sisters here.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Julie York
04-29-2005, 04:26 PM
Very touching poem.
I hope that moving will help you find something comforting.
Good luck.

Paula A
04-29-2005, 04:27 PM
Sarah:
Wow, Thats all I can say, I was emotional just reading your poem, It really expresses your hurt right now. We are here for you, where ever your travels lead you, we are hear. I wish all of our relatives could have a open mind about things, but they don't and that hurts even more than thay will ever know.

My heart goes out to you, Good luck.

Sharon
04-29-2005, 05:53 PM
It's a lovely poem Sarah -- the angst you are feeling is quite apparent.

My sympathies for your pain, and my encouragement for this new chapter of your life you are endeavoring into.

xsarahlynn
04-29-2005, 06:15 PM
Thank you all for your coments and concern. Melissa, as far as my wife goes, I do not blame her for any of this.As I must follow my heart, She must also follow hers. We have loved each other for 30 years, and that will never change. But at this time it is not possible for her to love Sarah, as She is still mourning the loss of the man she married. As for my kids, it is from Her fear of seeing Sarah and how much that will hurt them, that she thinks Sarah is someone they should fear. If that makes any sense? So at this point it is best to protect the ones I love and move, and maybe in time we can all learn how to be together again as a family. And maybe with this move Sarah can find a little peace and happiness.

Again Thank You all.

xsarahlynn
04-30-2005, 05:43 PM
Sharon Thank You. Yes I am in hurting a little. But hopefully things will get better. Sarah Lynn