PDA

View Full Version : So silly but...

Damiana
03-14-2008, 12:22 AM
I live in a 12 story apartment building and hadn't ventured outside my apartment yet but tonight I got dressed up, opened the door stepped into the hallway and went outside to have a clove cigarette. Noone came by and I was only outside for about 5 minutes then went back inside. I was shaking, not sure if from the cold or nerves. I know its no trip to the store but I still feel a little itty-bitty triumph.

Christine Kelly
03-14-2008, 12:34 AM
Congrats, Damiana!
Isn't it great just to step outside and enjoy the world, dressed?
Even if it just a few steps outside your door, you're OUT!
Good luck!

GINA-CD
03-14-2008, 12:50 AM
I did the same this one time I was in a non-smoking hotel, so I needed to go all the way downstairs and to the street to have a cig. I thought about this for like 1 hour... at 3 am I decided it was safe and went for it.

I was shaking all the time! Cig lasted like 2 minutes because I smoked it sooo fast. It was nerve wrecking but it was fun indeed! These small adventures prepare us for that big first time...

obsessedwithpantyhose
03-14-2008, 03:30 AM
congrads to you for takin the step to get out :D

Damiana, what are you so worried about,,from your avatar pic i would never know your not a gg :D,,and welcome to the family :hugs:

Lisa Golightly
03-14-2008, 03:46 AM
Yay you! :) Every journey starts with a single step...

nikki47
03-14-2008, 03:57 AM
Damiana,well done.I know how nerve wracking it can be,i've only done it once,i'd had a few drinks and it was about 3am and all i did was just walk around my garden,we are overlooked,but then no one hardly had security lights.I must have only been out about 2 mins but it seemed like hours.

Nikki

DawnL
03-14-2008, 06:51 AM
Out is out, especially the first time. You were out where someone might have seen you and if you just went outside your building there was a good chance that it may have been someone who knew you. Congrats!

Chari
03-14-2008, 07:43 AM
It doesn't matter the length of the "step", you were out! Congrats! If you are confortable with yourself, each time out will get easier. Keep your confidence and attitude high!

Hugs2U, Chari

Michelle-NC
03-14-2008, 07:55 AM
Everyone starts small....and then it gets contagious...Next thing you know you will be out shopping!

melissa1
03-14-2008, 08:22 AM
I's a smallstep for you but you have to start somewhere. Good for you girl.:)

joann07
03-14-2008, 09:04 AM
Congrats! :)
You've opened the door to a new world.
Hopefully, it will stay open from now on.
Keep it up. :thumbsup:

Hugs!

Kristen Marie
03-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Every step is so important. It makes the next one a bit easier. I remember the first time I stepped outside and my knees were shaking so bad I could hardly walk. I kept asking....what am I doing?? And then afterwards I felt great!!

Can't wait to hear about your next step!

DemonicDaughter
03-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Congrats hun! You've made your first step and we are all so proud of you. If you like, check out my other post here:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78641

And perhaps your next post will be about you venturing much further. :D

:love:,
DD

Damiana
03-14-2008, 08:34 PM
You're all so encouraging and inspiring! Thank you. This forum was such a great find!

SandyR
03-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Toas New Mexico. First time outside......was staying in a hotel. Walked out of the room, went towards my car to get my lap top from the trunk no one around could hardly walk was shaking so bad.

I think you had a very normal outing.....Welcome home Hun!

Thanks for sharing.

SandyR

KandisTX
03-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Not silly at all. I recall the first time I actually ventured out of my apartment fully dressed, I opened the door and took a single step out and then immediately went back inside. Then I took another step and then another and soon there was no stopping me, and sure as hell no putting Kandis back in the closet :)

Kandis:love::rose2:

joann426
03-14-2008, 09:02 PM
congrats for you hope you keep trying every step is for the better i went out when i lived in cleveland it was a little shaky but i really didnt care who really new but i did and i was very excited that nite and talked to some people at the bar really had fun and ill do it again

Holly
03-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Today it's out for a cigarette; next it'll be drinks and dancing! Congratulations!

shirley1
03-14-2008, 09:39 PM
well done ! i can identify with you completely - i used to have a few beers and go and walk the block at 2am - everytime i saw a car coming down the road i would freeze - once i wouldnt go back to my appartment caus there were people stood outside - its strange but since walking through my local city with another tg friend i met at a meeting and walking through a crowd of people seemingly knowone taking any notice of me - its just made me think what was i worried about ! but yeh the first time its scary alright - but i dont think you ever quite get that adrnaline rush again once you do gain some confidence - its a rush i can only liken too doing something dangerous like jumping out of a plane ect - scary dary but good all the same !

TxKimberly
03-14-2008, 10:19 PM
I live in a 12 story apartment building and hadn't ventured outside my apartment yet but tonight I got dressed up, opened the door stepped into the hallway and went outside to have a clove cigarette. Noone came by and I was only outside for about 5 minutes then went back inside. I was shaking, not sure if from the cold or nerves. I know its no trip to the store but I still feel a little itty-bitty triumph.

Careful now, that's pretty much how I started and you see where that got me?! lol

TGMarla
03-14-2008, 10:35 PM
I did much the same thing at the Quality Inn in Amarillo. It was late, and I'd left something in my car. I was wearing a fucsia pink sweater and a black skirt, black pumps and taupe hose. Instead of changing, I just went out the door and down the hall, right outside to the car. I had my pass-card with me so I could get back in after hours. I'll admit to a hard swallow and a thought or two when the door clicked shut behind me. I got what I needed out of the car, swiped my card and walked back in, and back to my room upstairs and down the hall.

I ran into no one during this whole time, but it was really exhilarating for me.

By the way, the lady at the desk that night was an angel. I'd been driving for 16 hours, didn't have so much as the regular price of the room, and she cut me a sweet deal to stay that night. God bless her.

Dalece
03-14-2008, 11:20 PM
You made it out thats good now you will have to go a little farther next time. But you can do it.:thumbsup:

Angie G
03-14-2008, 11:59 PM
It's a good start hun.:hugs:
Angie

JennyS.
03-15-2008, 12:02 AM
You're all so encouraging and inspiring! Thank you. This forum was such a great find!

I said the same thing, sister! These girls are nothing but supportive in everything!

jessielee
03-15-2008, 12:50 AM
i think its beautiful!
dear Damiana,
the cool night air on your calves
the tingle of your nerves
the delicate vapors passing your shinning lips
the sight of the real world passing below
all unawares
and you, alone with your frailty,
if in nothing but sparse garments,
your passion, your aspiration,
your heart fluttering in your chest
with the exhilaration of living that moment,
of being and celebrating
who you are!

so breathlessly proud of you, girl!
please, tell us more
when you can!
a big hug,
jessie

Patricia Johnson
03-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Congrats on the first time out. The longest journey begins with that first step. Enjoy the trip.

GailTulane
03-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Hey, what are clove cigarettes? How do they taste? Are they safe? Where do you get them?
Thanks!

Sandi jo
03-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Little steps become bigs steps,hope everything goes good

Amy Hepker
03-15-2008, 05:43 PM
One small step for CDer, one giant step toward woman kind.