PDA

View Full Version : mirror, mirror, on the wall ......

donnadawn
03-14-2008, 09:45 AM
When ever I doll myself up at home I can't resist sneeking peeks of myself in a mirror. I'm not sure why. Am I a narcissist? I do like to imagine that I have a real female's body. I'm not sure if I keep looking because of the novelty of what I see or it is because I like what I see. I know that in my minds eye I look a lot more femme then in reality. I could never pass in public but I like to pretend that I could. Anybody else with the same feelings?

lynnrichards
03-14-2008, 10:09 AM
I am also captivated by the image in the mirror. I think one prevalent motivation for cross-dressing is the sexual arousal one feels from seeing the reflected female image. It is a kind of narcissism. We are in love with this female illusion.

Raffina
03-14-2008, 10:41 AM
I think one prevalent motivation for cross-dressing is the sexual arousal one feels from seeing the reflected female image. It is a kind of narcissism. We are in love with this female illusion.

Yep that's certainly the case for me. When I'm dolling myself up I always make sure I never look at the mirror until I have fully finished. That's why I always put my make-up on first, because that requires the mirror as well. After I have fully finished, that's when I walk into the front of the mirror to see the result - and believe me when I do see it the feeling is immense.

I think it's not only about the sexual arousal, it's also the feeling of being in girl's clothes and underwear, it really is quite a relaxing feeling that I can't describe.

DemonicDaughter
03-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Nothing the matter with admiring a good looking woman, even if you're that woman! :D

docrobbysherry
03-14-2008, 11:47 AM
I also agree with ALL the posts above, completely!

For me, "passing" means that I MUST LIKE WHAT I SEE in the mirror! If I wasn't so fascinated and attracted to my mirror image, I think my urge to CD mite fade away!
I know that may sound like I CD for the wrong reasons, but I think it's at least honest.

c_colliertv
03-14-2008, 11:50 AM
Hi Donna,

Christie Ann Collier here!

Wow, I can really identify with what you said.

Given that I only get to dress a few times every year, when I do it is a big deal for me, and is almost always at night in my hotel room while on business.

I usually iron all of my clothes first and lay them out, then I shave, take a shower, put on my pantyhose, shapewear and high heels and then my makeup. My lipstick goes on last, and then I put on my wig.

And when I look up, I see that Christie Ann has finally emerged and it is a thrill to say the least.

Earrings enhance the feeling and then finally the clothes.

Like you, I don't think I could actually pass, but for a few minutes, I see myself as the woman I would like to be, and one of the women I tend to admire, and I am happy.

My only wish is that I could do it more often, but I usually take some pictures so I can at least have a chance to occasionally remember the feeling!

Hugs,

Christie Ann

RobertaFermina
03-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Yes, my "inner mirror" is very generous indeed.

There are occasions, however when my "inner mirror" is actually too critical.

I am more appropriate and attractive than my "inner critic" will ever admit, and only occasionally as lovely as my generous fantasies.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Claire3
03-14-2008, 12:15 PM
I like what i see in the mirror and that makes Claire even more ok!::battingeyelashes:XXX

JennyS.
03-14-2008, 05:36 PM
I stare at myself the entire time I'm dressed! Actually, it gets harder and harder to just look at myself. It's because I would like to out in the middle of the day and feel comfortable. However, I at this point only feel good going out at night..... While no one is looking!

JennyS.
03-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Oh by the way... Yikes!!!! I posted a pic of myself!!!! Ugh!! So scared that someone will reconize me!!! How do ya'll do it!!!!

The Avatar!!!! Yikes!!! I'm terrified at this point!!! God, do I really look like that?!?!?! Oh jeez......

CrossdressinGoth
03-14-2008, 05:44 PM
When I look in the mirror, I see a lot of things Id like to do and put together, just cant get the final touches down. I do however noticed from time to time when I look in the mirror, I actually see more a female presence then I do male, hmmmm

Samantha43
03-14-2008, 06:15 PM
My mirror is my friend. My wife gets a kick out of me always primping. I like what I see so much it kinda makes it hard to look at normal self.

Eugenie
03-14-2008, 06:58 PM
Like every one so far, I look at myself in the mirror when I am dressed "en femme"... Not as much as I used to do earlier though... Now it is mainly to verify that my look is OK...

The problem is that looking at oneself in the mirror, one is often far more forgiving than would other people be...

I also find looking at pictures of me gives me far more negative feelings than looking at me in the mirror...

:hugs:
Eugenie

donnadawn
03-14-2008, 07:08 PM
[QUOTE=Eugenie

I also find looking at pictures of me gives me far more negative feelings than looking at me in the mirror...

:hugs:
Eugenie[/QUOTE]

Eugenie, I agree with you. The few pictures I've taken of my self I thought, at the time, were really nice pictures of me. Later, when the passion of the moment had passed, the pictures did not seem to be nearly as complimentary as I thought they were. Why is that?

VtVicky
03-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Mirrors intensify the experience.

It is one thing to feel the clothes. But, add the simultaneous visual feedback, and the experience is even better.

(Add the rustle of crinolin and the aroma of lipstick, and some of us are transported to heaven.)

il.dso
03-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Yes, I love to look in the mirror
while dressing and once I'm all dressed up.
It's definitely a big part
of the experience. I like to make sure
that my slip isn't showing in the back of
my skirt or dress. I also love to see my pantyhose and
legs in high heels.

donnadawn
03-14-2008, 07:24 PM
This is what's nice about this forum. I find out that I'm not the only one with these kinds of feelings. Thanks for the comments.

jessielee
03-14-2008, 07:49 PM
dear Donna,
thank you for posting a good one!
i plan to start a new thread tomorrow you've inspired in me.
after see ing drab me all my life but for the fleeting instances when, usually out the corner of my eye or when turning away, i see a mischievous pixie peeking out, i glory in seeing jessie in themirror!
and i join with you in celebration.
we're not starstruck,
just seeing true we's at last!
and sharing,
here,
thank you, sisiter,
hugs,
jessie

Celeste
03-14-2008, 08:28 PM
I love mirrors,I have them everywhere,I wonder if cders can ever have enough of them.They are another tool in getting there.I like coming up with different placements and angles to get different effects out of them.

docrobbysherry
03-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Eugenie, I agree with you. The few pictures I've taken of my self I thought, at the time, were really nice pictures of me. Later, when the passion of the moment had passed, the pictures did not seem to be nearly as complimentary as I thought they were. Why is that?

The problem with your pics is, you're not taking enough! I use a video camera. It allows me to move around, relax, enjoy the session. Unlike setting a still camera and rushing back to strike a pose in 10 seconds! I end up with a 1000 pics in less than 2 minutes!

I often only get a few pics I really like, but some r incredible! U should try it!

Damiana
03-14-2008, 09:13 PM
This thread is exactly what I wanted to see! Whenever I am dressed I run into the bathroom at least every 1/2 hour to "check myself out." Glad I'm not alone on that either.

JenniferR771
03-14-2008, 09:23 PM
i love to look in the various mirors in my house. The best one is the closet door mirrors which can be adjusted to see as a three way

mike47
03-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Donna,
I diffentently look at the mirror alot when I am dressed up. I am not sure if it is only every thirty minutes or not I couldn't say. I wouldn't doubt if it is more. But none the less I guess I would have to say it is due to wondering if I am pulling it off or not. The other thing would be I feel so sexy while dressed I hope that it reflects in the mirror. Sometimes it seems to but others it doesn't. But I do love the way it feels and looks on me.

TGMarla
03-14-2008, 10:28 PM
I look in the mirror a lot while dressed. I think we all do. I'm always checking to see if my hair is just right, or my clothes are just right. Part of it is the wonder of the lovely (to me, anyway) lady looking back at me, and realizing that it is me. It can be a little overwhelming, and it certainly makes me happy. Mirrors, I think, are a large part of any CD's experience.

DemonicDaughter
03-15-2008, 06:54 AM
Last time my girl dressed, she came out of the bathroom and I looked at her, pointed back in the direction of the bathroom and said, "THAT'S NOT NEARLY ENOUGH MIRROR TIME!"

She laughed and went back in. :D

1950sclothes
03-15-2008, 07:07 AM
I have bought this short blonde wig...it really suits my bald head. I slapped the foundation on, eye shadow, eye liner, blusher, red lipstick, etc. I looked in the mirror and I looked a ****ty woman. LOL.

I quite fancied myself. ;)

TSchapes
03-15-2008, 07:08 AM
I have a full length mirror in my "Man Cave" (wink wink). But it's not just that, it's the feel of the clothes and the smells, the sounds of heels on the floor...

bEEb
03-15-2008, 07:49 AM
I agree with all of the above. The "sexual arousal" aspect is key.
The turn on we get from ourselves, replaces and supresses the urge to turn to another real life person for that feeling. Conveniently avoiding stigma and guilt of a greater sort.

Sally24
03-15-2008, 08:25 AM
I don't get "turned-on" like some but I do love the mirrors. I've got about 70 sq ft of mirrors in Sally's room and beleive me, I use them all. That is in addition to the mirrors in the rest of the house and photos and video! I really like the feedback and it helps me immensly with my smile, facial expressions, and body english. I would like to build a place like they have in the dressing rooms with all the angled mirrors so you can see yourself in 360 degress but don't have that kind of room! I'm vain and I've learned to embrace it.

Darlene-VA
03-15-2008, 03:35 PM
I am not as bad as I used to be about mirrors, in the past I had to keep checking my appearance and it use to drive my ex crazy. But nowadays once everything is in order after the final look I may just check myself once during an evening just to touch things up a little.

dee anne
03-15-2008, 05:53 PM
I love the way all the different fabrics feel and the wayi feel putting on my make up and making myself pretty, however it all comes together when I look in the mirror and see Dee anne

D

gennee
03-15-2008, 06:24 PM
I look into the mirror to make sure my makeup is okay. I like to dress my best. I don't imagine I have a female body but feeling feminine inside makes up for it.

Gennee

:)

Stargirl
03-15-2008, 06:39 PM
Oh by the way... Yikes!!!! I posted a pic of myself!!!! Ugh!! So scared that someone will reconize me!!! How do ya'll do it!!!!

The Avatar!!!! Yikes!!! I'm terrified at this point!!! God, do I really look like that?!?!?! Oh jeez......

Avatars have evil twins. The twin likes to distort, and re arrange the lighting, add things, warp, and morph...in order to keep us humble....compressed versions of larger photographs can be downright scary. "It didn't look like that when I uploaded it. I am truly mortified, devastated, depressed, and ready to crawl into a deep hole".....we are all subject to distortions, but we don't have to like it. I'm not vain, I just want to look my best. Is that so terrible ? Some people think so. They want us to be bland, conformist, self-effacing...little cogwheels without feelings....they can wait a long time, as far as I am concerned.