PDA

View Full Version : Do glasses look you more feminine/

1950sclothes
03-15-2008, 02:45 PM
I don't wear glasses, but I lluv wearing them. I look like a dirty secretary. :P

Amy Hepker
03-15-2008, 02:46 PM
You can get many styles that are unisex these days. I just picked up mine and made sure they would look good in both worlds.

1950sclothes
03-15-2008, 02:48 PM
I look better in specs. :P

Michelle-NC
03-15-2008, 02:50 PM
I borrow my wife's glasses for my pictures! I think they help the look. Would wear my own, but had lasik a few years back..

charlie
03-15-2008, 02:51 PM
So, as an opinion, do glasses make the male face look more feminine? I bought some specs and could not really say. They did hide some of my male features, but also hid some of my eye makeup.

DemonicDaughter
03-15-2008, 02:52 PM
I've always gotten quite mixed reviews. I just need them for reading so its not like everyone sees me in mine. Its funny because I'm told I look older/younger, smarter/nerdier or more serious/goofy. I simply can't win!!!

Joann0830
03-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Glasses do make a difference I went on ebay and found Reading Glasses 1.75 for myself in two different styles and they are so nice and reasoanble and really change my look.Joann0830 :battingeyelashes::heehee::love:

Valeria
03-15-2008, 03:05 PM
IMO, the right kind of glasses can be feminizing on a male face because they obscure features common to males (that they have more pronounced ridges above their eyes and deeper set eyes - problems which NO makeup can truly obscure).

OTOH, for women (including trans women who have had appropriate facial surgery), this effect can be negated. Many females actually look more feminine by removing the same style of glasses that make males more feminine looking, because the glasses hide how big and open the eyes appear. Eye glasses can still be stylish looking on women, but they don't generally make us look more female.

sputnik
03-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Yeah, depends on the style of frame.

Jamie Parks
03-15-2008, 03:14 PM
I have tryied my g/f's glasses to see how they look but Icant tell (I have perfect vision and she is about blind lol)so I cant see anything but a really blury image I would love to try glasses with just glass in them

Jamie

Darlene-VA
03-15-2008, 03:17 PM
I have just started wearing glasses of late and for me they do help to make me look more female. Plus I have 3 pairs now so I can change them around to suit different outfits.

DemonicDaughter
03-15-2008, 03:27 PM
I have tryied my g/f's glasses to see how they look but Icant tell (I have perfect vision and she is about blind lol)so I cant see anything but a really blury image I would love to try glasses with just glass in them

Jamie

Try your local drug store for a really light prescription glasses. :D

jessielee
03-15-2008, 03:32 PM
depends onthe face.
DD, you would look so serious in glasses! would love to see.
read some Poe by candleight.
Joann, Kehleyr, Darlene, Charlie, oh, please show us some time! i plan to as well, soon.
i'm afraid my child's all night coughing has cut into my dressup time, oh dear, priorities come up first, maybe next weekend.
Michelle, you simply rock.
all of our faces are so different, but your glasses, borrowed, doesn't matter, are such a perfect blend of studiously frisky and serious about fun and fashion. in short, perfect.
we'll see about mine, my SOs are nice but she takes them to work when i dress up!
all night long... oh, yeah.
lets see some more and think about it a bit!
nice provocotive thread 1950's, dear.
show us sometime?
hugs,
jessie

DemonicDaughter
03-15-2008, 03:36 PM
depends onthe face.
DD, you would look so serious in glasses! would love to see.
read some Poe by candleight.

I'll do my best to find or take a decent picture of me in them just for you hunnie! :D

Samantha43
03-15-2008, 05:14 PM
I like the look I have when I am wearing glasses with my business suits. I have a feminine pair of reading glasses that I bought at the pharmacy.

Sandi jo
03-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Have rarely tried it but I will next time and take a look

annekathleen
03-15-2008, 05:45 PM
If you wear feminine glasses!:D

SweetCaroline
03-15-2008, 05:48 PM
I always wear my glasses en femme, I like them. I think they shape my face nicely.

unfortunatly, most girls I have interacted with as girls, who wear glasses, take them off when presententing themselfs as female.

I'd rather keep them on, at the very least I can see.

gennee
03-15-2008, 06:14 PM
I wear glasses but I am going get some new ones. I'll get a unisex pair.

Gennee

:)

Tasha T
03-15-2008, 07:10 PM
It's funny you started this topic because I just picked up a cheap pair of reading glasses at Target the other day because I wanted to try a sexy, professional type look. I like them and am glad I bought them, but have to be careful wearing them because anything more than a few feet away looks blurry and messes up my eyesight.

JenniferR771
03-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Oh yes! I like femme glasses. I have bought a few pair at thrift stores where i searched for feminine glasses. I have bought some reading glasses at Big Lots that were femmy looking. And when I bought some new glasses for computer use at my optomitrists--I explained to the girl and she helped me pick out some unisex frames.

See my avatar and the 80's look women's big round-eye glasses.

docrobbysherry
03-15-2008, 09:07 PM
But, Robert makes passes at women wearing glasses!

victoriamwilliams1
03-15-2008, 09:13 PM
I look better without glasses.

Dalece
03-15-2008, 11:59 PM
I only hqave male type glasses rigth now so when going fem I only where them will driving. when i Get to where I'm going I take them off. Until I get some fem style glasses.

Damiana
03-16-2008, 12:20 AM
I actually picked up my dorky glasses at a local clothing/wig/shoe shop for about $10. Lenses just clear. I enjoy them but am undecided if it makes me more femme or not. The only problem with them is I really like my eyes/makeup and it obscures them.

Tracy_Victoria
03-16-2008, 01:55 AM
Ebay Sell glasses (well in the UK they do!) with the clear lenses in. Ie pre-perscription, and they don't sell for a lot of money either. I've bought about 20 pairs over the last few years (you can see some pictures of some of them, in my picture threads that are listed in my signature!)

All glasses come from the makers with clear lenses, but the lenses normally have printing on them. you can remove this by using nail varnish remover on the paint and then quickly cleaning them before the NVR has time to react with the plastic. (all of my glasses have been cleaned like this!)

I have really good eyesite, only needing (with age) glasses for reading and close work, but as Tracy I think glasses enhance the look and also add to the illusion of being fem, ie people don't expect someone to be wearing glasses unless they really need them!

Also different glasses really make a difference, the ones I'm wearing in my avitar look really good with a bob, however they look awful if I wear a strieght wig, so it really is worth having a seach and seeing if you can find some. I probably have about 30+ pairs now.

jessielee
03-16-2008, 02:06 AM
just what i need.
what's humorous is i bought these at staples 'cause i like the color and they came with a neat case - have become so nearsighted that when wearing contacts i'm far sighted, needing reading glasses, so these are for real!
and my wife says, "they look like girl's glasses!"
rofl.
jessie

cindybarnes
03-16-2008, 06:38 AM
My avitar pic is the first one ever wearing glasses. Its not funny that I actually need them for reading now !
I bought a fem style off the rack at walmart for $15.00
My wife calls them Granny glasses :)

Cindy

mike47
03-16-2008, 06:47 AM
I am hoping so. I am needing to update my glasses and have been thinking of getting 2 pairs. I can't read without glasses to say the least.

DAVIDA
03-16-2008, 07:56 AM
I have two pair of glasses with the same presciption of bi-focals. One male and one female. One problem I have run into though, is forgetting to change back to male glasses and go to work or on errands!

annekathleen
03-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Do glasses make you look more feminine?

I might look more feminine to a guy,
if "he" was looking at me through BAR GLASSES!:D

docrobbysherry
03-16-2008, 04:09 PM
I buy all of Sherry's glasses, and some of my reading glasses at the 99cents store. That includes some cool fem sunglasses!

Just wanted to mention that item for u bargain shoppers!

DemonicDaughter
03-16-2008, 04:18 PM
I actually picked up my dorky glasses at a local clothing/wig/shoe shop for about $10. Lenses just clear. I enjoy them but am undecided if it makes me more femme or not. The only problem with them is I really like my eyes/makeup and it obscures them.

I think they make you look quite fabulous!!!

Damiana
03-16-2008, 04:44 PM
Awww thank you. They were actually bought for my SO but she decided she wants to get bangs first so they're mine for now.

Christine Kelly
03-16-2008, 08:04 PM

I think they make you look quite fabulous!!!

I agree! I think they are hot!
And the right glasses CAN bring out your eyes and eye makeup. :)

Rita Knight
03-17-2008, 03:23 PM
My far vision is not good and I generally wear female glasses from http://www.eyeglassfactoryoutlet.com/ Unlike most of you gurlz, I have a very different left and right eye prescriptions. I also have bought drag style glasses from them.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3078/2284319581_380213873e.jpg

They cost me about $45 delivered.

Cassy11
03-17-2008, 03:41 PM
I have had to wear glasses for years, but the frames I have don't look good on Cassy. Although I try for unisex, they all seem too masculine. So for all my photos I take them off. I guess buying several pair of cheap reading glasses just to find a frame style that suits Cassy would be a good investment.

tammysuetv
03-17-2008, 04:18 PM
I think I look better with glasses.

marie354
03-17-2008, 04:26 PM
I bought a pair of pink fem looking sunglasses about 3 months ago and they help my look a lot, so I wear them whenever I'm outside.
~Sandy~

paulaN
03-17-2008, 07:56 PM
I used to have great eye vision. But that has gone way down hill for the last 8 or 10 years. I need glasses full time. So I have to wear them weather I like them or not. I try to keep them unisex as much as I can.

Bridget Fitzgerald
03-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Hard to say, they do seem to minimize my eyebrows

LaurenEP
03-18-2008, 02:01 AM
This is something I'm going to have to consider. I require a POWERFUL prescription. (And I won't wear contacts because I'm seriously disturbed by the idea by sticking something on my cornea.)
I'm going to have to find a feminizing frame and have a prescription filled online.

Carly D.
03-18-2008, 04:27 AM
I think they can make you look more fem.. complete a look.. I've tried some but still haven't been satisfied with the look that I am trying for..

DemonicDaughter
03-18-2008, 07:18 AM
I do believe I promised someone a picture of me in glasses...

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x100/artworkbyjls/31820081.jpg

sputnik
03-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Damiana,
Are they the glasses in your avatar photo? If so then they're definitely feminine. The shape is good.

tracigirl_tv
03-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Interesting thread, I'm looking forward to my next trip to the local shop for my first pair of femme glasses.

Meantime, here's a pic of me wearing my boi-specs.

:)

Traci

Barbara Joanne74
03-18-2008, 10:49 AM
I have to wear glasses at all times. Now when ever I get glasses, I get both a gender neutral pair and a very fem pair. Fem glasses seem to be the only thing I have found that is cheaper than mens....

I do feel that wearing glasses help me look more fem. I have a large nose that the glasses help to change the look of

Barb J:2c:

april lynn
03-18-2008, 03:10 PM
went to my eye Dr. and pick out my new glasses and thy are unisex glass

Kelsy
03-18-2008, 04:26 PM
I do believe I promised someone a picture of me in glasses...

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x100/artworkbyjls/31820081.jpg

I love my glasses they look alot like yours DD. I like to hide behind them a lil!

Kelsy:)

DemonicDaughter
03-18-2008, 04:43 PM
I love my glasses they look alot like yours DD. I like to hide behind them a lil!

Kelsy:)

I couldn't have them completely up and not have the glare of the computer on them. :( So I thought it was cute to slide them down a bit. I like them even though they make me feel rather like the nerdy high school girl I was oh-so long ago. :)