PDA

View Full Version : Before/After

Taniawilde
03-16-2008, 07:05 AM
I recently showed (privately) my best friend (who's also a CD) my 'guy' look. I've seen his, so it didn't seem like a big deal.

When my wife asked me about it, I truthfully said yes. (We've established that honesty is the best policy after hiding dressing from her for 35 years).

She was very distressed. I should add that my wife has spoken to several of my CD friends in chat, and finds them smart, fun and very nice people (of course!), so she's really not a prude about crossdressers.

The question then is, have any of you done something similar, was your wife's reaction the same, and how did you handle it?

My wife has been understanding, and wonderful about my dressing, doesn't care to see any of my pictures enfemme, but she is really upset by my actions.

Thanks... Tania

Michelle-NC
03-16-2008, 07:17 AM
Hi Tania. Never had this circumstance, but was trying to get a clarification. What was your wife so distressed about? About a friend seeing you in drab?

mike47
03-16-2008, 07:23 AM
I guess I am confused. I am not sure what you are talking about. Could just be a little slow also. But I am single so I don't really have that problem. I am glad that your SO is so understanding though.

Daintre
03-16-2008, 07:32 AM
I think Tania that she maybe upset because you are exposing the real you. By showing a picture of you in drab you are letting a stranger to your wife see what you look like in daily life. You also stated that your wife does not wish to see pictures of you dressed. I have a feeling that she is concerned that by showing pictures , drab or dressed, you open yourself up to being outed.

Carole
03-16-2008, 11:55 AM
I guess I'm a little confused as well is your best friend your best friend in both of your worlds or just your crossdressed one. Surely he will have seen you in drab anyway if he is your male best friend?

Tina Dixon
03-16-2008, 12:06 PM
I have shown pictures of my secret identity before on this site, if interested for a glance of the real me check out my male myspace page.
http://www.myspace.com/hogman1957

deja true
03-16-2008, 12:28 PM
It's not come up in my life yet, but I think that if I met a dressed girl that I really wanted to be true friends with, I would want to also meet in drab (both of us). A good friend should know all about you. Other wise, you are just aquaintances.

deja

Alice B
03-16-2008, 01:22 PM
I have to agree with deja true.

JoAnnDallas
03-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Once a year my Tri-Ess chapter has a night out to a Restaurant where all of us have to come in drab. it is kind of a shock to see each other in drab when most of the year we only see each other in fem. LOL