PDA

View Full Version : telling my son

april lynn
03-16-2008, 01:28 PM
I have a 4 year old son that does not know of April but I might be getting him on the weekends how do I tell him.and what about when. my 2 year old doughter sees me all the time as April

I am full time I work play and go out as April

deja true
03-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Oh, April, I think most of us would think that would be a mistake if you are not full time.

Your 2 year old is still too young to be affected, but sometime soon, you might want to stop dressing in front of her.

I think telling kids that young is a mistake. Your children are too young to really understand the full societal import of what we do. And kids generally say whatever comes into their minds around anybody and everybody.

If it were me, I'd wait till they were of an age to be able to make an informed decision about how to handle it and old enough to be discreet enough so as to avoid the serious peer pressure that will assuredly follow.

You really want your little guy to say to his kindergarten teacher, "My daddy wears a dress just like that, Miss Jones!" ? Depending on where you live, that might be a recipe for a visit from Child Protective Services!

Think about it, hon. It's not just about you and your happiness and well-being anymore.

I'm sure more advice is on the way...

deja

Bravesoul
03-16-2008, 01:47 PM
WOW, I have to agree with Deja, I would make dam sure you know what you are doing. There is not taking it back once you tell them. So, unless you are dressing full time, don't go there. I have 2 young kids myself and there is no way I want my kids tell all there school friends that their daddy wears dresses.

Please re think that move.

:2c:

Julia Welch
03-16-2008, 01:51 PM
April, that would be a big mistake....why do so many people think they have to tell all and sundry... somethings are just better left unsaid....especially to children who really won't understand.

How's a 4 and 2 year old gonna know how to deal with it?....if they tell the wrong people they'll be taunted for the rest of school..."Your daddy wears dresses and panties"...is that what you want for them?...I hope not.

THINK !!....

Tamara Croft
03-16-2008, 01:56 PM
I am full time I work play and go out as AprilI think you need to add this bit into your first post, many don't read follow up posts like this and you'll get a lot of 'no don't do that' type comments.

If you're full time and work as April, then your children should know, yes they are young, but if you are 24/7 you shouldn't have to change back for children, they are young enough not to really understand, but they will be fine growing up with it. You should talk to his mum before you do anything though.

deja true
03-16-2008, 01:59 PM
WoW, yeah... What Tamara said!!!

Julia Welch
03-16-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm having that "foot in mouth" feeling about now...:doh:

april lynn
03-16-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm having that "foot in mouth" feeling about now...:doh:
I sould have put in I was 24/7. no foot in mouth feeling
for you

Holly
03-16-2008, 02:47 PM
April, now I'm a little confused as well. In this thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78950) you're asking if you should go to a bar dressed when you had been there before en homme. That doesn't sound full time to me, April. In this thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1227612#post1227612) you are advising another member to tell his kids. Is your own advice not good for yourself as well? In this thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1225341#post1225341), you say you sometime go out in drab as well as CD. Again, doesn't sound 24/7 to me. In this thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1221463#post1221463) you posted just a few days ago, you say that your wife wants you to start going out like you are drressed at home. So please forgive my confusion, unless your being 24/7 is just a recent developement over the last few days?

april lynn
03-16-2008, 02:57 PM
April, now I'm a little confused as well. In this thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78950) you're asking if you should go to a bar dressed when you had been there before en homme. That doesn't sound full time to me, April. In this thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78950) you are advising another member to tell his kids. Is your own advice not good for yourself as well? In this thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1225341#post1225341), you say you sometime go out in drab as well as CD. Again, doesn't sound 24/7 to me. In this thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1221463#post1221463) you posted just a few days ago, you say that your wife wants you to start going out like you are drressed at home. So please forgive my confusion, unless your being 24/7 is just a recent developement over the last few days?
I just truned 21 then and it was the frist time I went in jeans and a tee but had a bra and pantyhose on. did not fill right going there for the frist time enfemme I might not go this time. yes I am 24/7 now I have a job that lets me work femme

Bootsiegalore
03-16-2008, 03:02 PM
I agree. They are too young to understand.

Tara

april lynn
03-16-2008, 03:06 PM
ok let me start by saying that when I go out I do dress in jeans and tees some time tight tees. I am 24/7 my wife would like me to wearsome of the dresses I where at home and when we go out to eat or when we are in a town like columbus. I do fix my self up when I go to the store if I have the time to put my face on and do my nials but most of the time I go as I am

Daintre
03-16-2008, 03:30 PM
I meet my frist wife in school god rest her soul. she died on our 10 year of marrage. we had 11 kids 2 sets of twins and two sets of tripletsand my kids know that I am a CD

April, I am very confused, you said that your first wife died 10 years into your marriage. You also said that you had 11 children and they all knew. This is where I am confused, did you re-marry and have more children? What did you tell the original 11 children about your being a CD?

Michelle-NC
03-16-2008, 03:39 PM
April...you also just posted this a little earlier?? my son's mom will not let me have him over the weekend becouse of my cding. I told her that I would not cd when I had him

Yet, you are asking should you tell him?

Julia Welch
03-16-2008, 03:53 PM
April,

I'm not sure but I don't think you are being entirely truthful with us...many of your posts are very contradictory of eachother....

We cannot possibly offer good advice when we don't know what exactly you need help with.

Julia.

april lynn
03-16-2008, 04:07 PM
April, I am very confused, you said that your first wife died 10 years into your marriage. You also said that you had 11 children and they all knew. This is where I am confused, did you re-marry and have more children? What did you tell the original 11 children about your being a CD?
yes I did and 4 out of wed lock.

Shelly67
03-16-2008, 04:08 PM
No No No No No !

stephanie1956
03-16-2008, 04:35 PM
April,My youngest just turned 11 and is just now starting to accept me for all my quirks.The other day I asked him if he thought that I looked gay.He replied,"No dad,you just look like a teenager,even if you are not one."And then he agreed with me that I am just different from other folks.:hugs:

april lynn
03-16-2008, 04:54 PM
I have been a cder since I was around 6. I left the small town I lived in when I 7 and moved to dayton. I met my frist wife when we was in scool. went out and at that time I was not full time just some times I would wear a dressto school. then I got older and got marred had 9 very nice doughters. when my died I tryed to go strate for my kids but,it made me unhappy. I was deprisped all the time.with losing my wife and not letting myself out,tobe who I fell I am inside.then I had a talk with my girls and asked them if thy would understand at the time thy was11,9,7,& 5I told them everythang thy said thy or ok with it and thy know allraedy thy wear women cloths the 5 olds said that. I have two set of 3's and and two sets of twins. and one singeal. sorry for the spelling.I have been in and out of strite relaships. I have tryed to be hunsent with every one in hear. my life is good as I see it now. I am on meds and seeind my dr. more. I have a medcal porblem theat couse memery lose. I have had in the last year 2 slant srokes, heart atack. I try to be truthful with every one but my head is not right. my wife is on some time. my son's mom left me be couse of my cding. I have not wear eney dresses around my son, just under cloths.

april lynn
03-16-2008, 05:33 PM
April...you also just posted this a little earlier?? my son's mom will not let me have him over the weekend becouse of my cding. I told her that I would not cd when I had him

Yet, you are asking should you tell him? My son does not live with me. I am only asking I so if he askes.

april lynn's wife
03-16-2008, 05:45 PM
i think you should wait and tell ur son when he asks you. But as far as ur daughter goes since she lives with you. You should keeping doing it and then when she gets older sit her down and explain it too her.

Carroll
03-16-2008, 05:51 PM
We told my 6y old daughters "shrink" that I was a crossdresser and I do it in front of her and my 9y old son. She praised us for raising children with an open mind, being truthful and open with them. The same also came from CPS. As far as too young to understand, by the time they're old enough, it maybe too late. We explained to our children that what daddy does is not a secret, but its a private family think. By doing this, children are less likely to tell because its not a secret. There have been a few times when my daughter has asked me to "take off my Blondie hair and put my bald one on" When she has said that I do change.
This of course is My wife's and My opinion What you do will be based on your beliefs, your up-bringing, and situation.

muggsybear
03-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Your son is going through enough as it is and for his age, he wouldn't understand much. Let him spend those precious weekends with his Dad and save your "me time" for your weeekends when he's with his Mom. Besides, it's not worth giving your ex more ammunition.

april lynn
03-17-2008, 05:08 PM
I was just asking but with the input I am getting. I am going to wait, till he askes me about it.my son has never seen me as april

JenniferR771
03-17-2008, 08:05 PM
At support group a 4 year old grandchild did not seem to be upset at all. 20 cd's and about 7 wives.

april lynn
03-17-2008, 08:28 PM
I am going to wait to tell himwhen he gets a round 12 or 13 and his mom says it is okto tell him but I am not going to be April all out when he comes on the weekends.Thank you for the Help Shelly:hugs: