PDA

View Full Version : Strange Days

Rachaelb64
03-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Today has been very strange for me today.

1st it stated with the ex-wife kicking off big style, so does every 4-6 weeks. She started thearting all sorts as pre-usual, one is telling the kids about my crossdressing.

Now my lad, who is 16, already knows, his attitude is one of yes I know you crossdress but don't want to see you dressed. So there was no problem there. So I sat down with my daughter (she is 14) to have 'The Chat'. To which I find she'd already figured some of it out.

Her comment was 'So what, you've always been a bit odd dad'

Next come my Mother, who just said 'No big deal, your not harming anyone. Just don't your step-dad cus he would understand'

Thats my SO, my Son, my Daughter and my Mother who know apart from my big Sis, thats everyone I really care about who knows. Anyone else finds out its their problem ;)

Like I said it been one strange day :)

Michelle-NC
03-16-2008, 05:13 PM
Thats the way to do it. Tell everyone close to you, see that they are already willing to accept you, and then your ex cannot hold that over your head anymore!

Deborah Jane
03-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Nice move Rachael...I did the same thing after i split with my wife so that she couldn,t blackmail me.She was threatening to tell everyone why we split so i thought "if the sh*ts gonna hit the fan i may as well get it out of the way"!!
My kids and mum were ok about it too.

Raychel
03-16-2008, 05:34 PM
That is the best way, Tell everyone that you really care about, then the rets of the world will just have to get over it. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Eugenie
03-16-2008, 05:51 PM
One of my university teachers had a nice definition of freedom:

"Freedom is when you have no more fears"

Note that every word counts in that definition...

Since every one who counts for you knows about your X-dressing, you probably have a lot less fears of being outed... So you probably feel a lot more freedom...

That's one of the reasons why doing one's coming out, when possible, is such a liberating endeavour...

:hugs:
Eugenie

gennee
03-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Today has been very strange for me today.

1st it stated with the ex-wife kicking off big style, so does every 4-6 weeks. She started thearting all sorts as pre-usual, one is telling the kids about my crossdressing.

Now my lad, who is 16, already knows, his attitude is one of yes I know you crossdress but don't want to see you dressed. So there was no problem there. So I sat down with my daughter (she is 14) to have 'The Chat'. To which I find she'd already figured some of it out.

Her comment was 'So what, you've always been a bit odd dad'

Next come my Mother, who just said 'No big deal, your not harming anyone. Just don't your step-dad cus he would understand'

Thats my SO, my Son, my Daughter and my Mother who know apart from my big Sis, thats everyone I really care about who knows. Anyone else finds out its their problem ;)

Like I said it been one strange day :)

I like your daughter's attitude about it.

Gennee

Rachaelb64
03-17-2008, 02:40 PM
I like your daughter's attitude about it.

Gennee

She a great girl with a good attitude :)

MJ
03-17-2008, 03:01 PM
way to go .. good for you . i guess the blackmail card won't work now the most important people know .. so enjoy your new found freedom from fear .

muggsybear
03-17-2008, 04:14 PM
I had a similar situation. I had been living with a girlfriend who knew about my crossdressing and was supportive and participated from time to time and often bought me things to wear. During the first few years of our relationship it was fine and I never dressed outside the house except on two occasions for costume parties. At one of the parties I was approached by her sister who had figured out that I had a little too much interest in pantyhose and wanted to know more. I quickly discovered that I had a true friend who was really supportive and we'd spend several hours together every month just being us. During the next year, the sister quietly outed me to most of the rest of their family and most were okay with my dressing. Those that weren't that interested lived out of town so it was no big deal. I spent one or two weekends a month alone and two weeks every summer while my girlfriend was out of town so I had plenty of time to do my thing. Heck, their mother even stopped by with a bag of goodies she'd gotten for me at a local thrift store and I was truly floored when she said everything was for me IF I'd try everything on for her first. But that weekends adventures are another story if anyone is interested. Then shortly after I confronted my girlfriend with evidence that she was screwing (literally) around on my she dropped the blackmail card on the table. Her family was about the only family/friends I had at the time so imagine my "horror" when she threatened to tell her sister, brother-in-law and Mom that I was a crossdresser of all things. It was all I could do to contain myself but I played along. Fortunately, we decided to part ways and I started to move out. My panties spent a ton of time on the bargining table while I negotiated an equal settlement of crap I really didn't want anyway and before you knew it I was on my own. She never told the family and was REALLY surprised when she stopped over at my apartment un-announced and found her sister and brother-in-law over having dinner with a friend they wanted me to meet. She soon figured out that my friends were true and didn't really care about her "gossip"
Interestingly enough, her brother-in-law had confided in me that he had a "curiosity" about lingerie and with a little encouragement spent an entire Saturday trying on everything I had in my wardrobe. That too is another story for another subject line.
So to shorten the proverbial long story, let her tell whoever she wants. The ones that care will stand by you and the ones that don't, don't matter.

marie354
03-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Isn't it great when you don't to hide it from everyone. Even though a few do not know yet, that's a big step in itself.

Good for you!
~Sandy~

Rachaelb64
03-21-2008, 08:08 AM
Well here's an update.

I went to talk to my big sister by phone but she has gone on holiday so I've ended up sending her an e-mail so now I'm just waiting to hear back from her :nailbiting: I'll let you know what happens :straightface:

vikki2020
03-22-2008, 12:15 AM
Gutsy move,Rachael! Glad it all worked out for you!What did your ex say when she found out you took away her stick?:D

Angie G
03-22-2008, 08:20 AM
Well it all turned out OK for you and that's a good thing. you go girl. :hugs:
Angie

Rachaelb64
03-22-2008, 08:29 AM
Gutsy move,Rachael! Glad it all worked out for you!What did your ex say when she found out you took away her stick?:D

She not speaking to me at the moment :doh: which i'm really upset about: NOT! :devil:

She running out of sticks to beat me with........

Rachaelb64
03-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Well just another update :)

My big sis got back to me, she'd already figure it out! So no surprise for her, she was just waiting for me to say something and she really fine with it as long as I crossdress in style :)

Staci
03-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Sounds like this little adventure has actually worked out in your favor in a couple ways. Those closest to you know and are o.k. and your ex lost what she thought would be large bit of ammunition.

Eugenie
03-23-2008, 06:42 PM
she really fine with it as long as I crossdress in style :)
That's a fear that is so natural to people who love us very much. They are afraid that we will be subjected to mokery, if not harrassment when spotted as crossdressers...

Your sister may be kind enough to provide some advice to help you crossdress in style... :battingeyelashes:

Eugenie

Rachaelb64
03-24-2008, 08:31 AM
That's a fear that is so natural to people who love us very much. They are afraid that we will be subjected to mokery, if not harrassment when spotted as crossdressers...

Your sister may be kind enough to provide some advice to help you crossdress in style... :battingeyelashes:

Eugenie

My Sister has a slightly gothic style, a lot of black and purple, but she carries it well and she has a great taste in boots :) must be a family triat :)

Jill Mac
03-24-2008, 08:42 AM
glad it sems to have work out well for you, wish i had your courage, i'd love to be able to tell my sis, we're very close & apart from my wife she's the most important person to me, i sometimes hate myself for keeping Jill a secret from them, Plus my sis as some lovely skirts, that i just know i'd look great in:heehee:

Jill