PDA

View Full Version : So excited, I can't wait.

Gemma Rhodes
03-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Hi all.

I am visiting my brother and his partner in London for a week from Easter Monday. They both know about my dressing and are really supportive about it. I have visited them in my femme guise before and been shopping and to a couple of bars with them, but I only dressed occasionally then. This evening though my brothers partner rung me and said that if I wanted to spend the whole time I am there dressed then I could.

Well how could I refuse an offer like that and you can imagine how I felt. To spent an entire week as Gemma will be heaven and I just cannot wait. The most time I have ever spent dressed before is 3 days when I went to Sparkle. I know some of you are dressed 24/7 anyway or have transitioned but for me this really is going to be an amazing experience.

Will make sure I manage to get some pics to post. This visit really can't come round quick enough for me and i'll be counting the days down until then.

Gemma

xx

Kristen Marie
03-16-2008, 06:48 PM
What an amazing journey that will be! It must be sooo exciting having that much support.

Now, what to pack? Do you shop while you are there? Maybe they have some females friends that will go out wih you. I can think of endless possibilities....

Gemma Rhodes
03-16-2008, 07:03 PM
What an amazing journey that will be! It must be sooo exciting having that much support.

Now, what to pack? Do you shop while you are there? Maybe they have some females friends that will go out wih you. I can think of endless possibilities....

I know Kirsten, I am lucky that all the people I have decided to tell have been great, only one of my friends was a bit off with me for a while but he has come round now and is ok. Don't think my brothers partner has told anyone else about me but we are planning a couple of shopping trips together and the 3 of us will be going for a meal at a restaurant across the road from where my brother lives but as yousay its gonna be a nightmare deciding what clothes to take. Think I'm gonna need about 3 suitcases. :D

jessielee
03-16-2008, 07:47 PM
very happy for you Gemma!
what neat support!
but three cases?
you may attract attention, perhaps even a gentleman wishing to help with that load!
sincerely,
glad with you,
hugs,
jessie

Michelle 51
03-16-2008, 08:23 PM
We,ll be waiting for your pics dear

Kayla Shadows
03-16-2008, 08:27 PM
That sounds awesome Gemma.I can imagine how excited you are.Hope you have lots of fun:)

Julia Welch
03-16-2008, 08:31 PM
That's great....have fun...:)

Alana65
03-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Gemma,

That sounds soooooo coooool !!!!
I wish you all the best on your trip, and I would love to be in your shoes (as long as they fit :heehee::D)

:hugs:

Alana

Gemma Rhodes
03-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Gemma,

That sounds soooooo coooool !!!!
I wish you all the best on your trip, and I would love to be in your shoes (as long as they fit :heehee::D)

:hugs:

Alana

Not sure Alana, I take a UK size 9 or 10 in femme shoes even though I need an 11 in mens.

Mitch23
03-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Well done - Gemma. What an amazing opportunity - I'm sooo envious

Mitch

Gemma Rhodes
03-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Well done - Gemma. What an amazing opportunity - I'm sooo envious

Mitch

It certainly is Mitch, the next few days are gonna go sooooo slow but no doubt it will all be over before I know it, but im sure I will really enjoy myself and i'll make sure i get some pictures each day to post on here.

PS. Nice pics you have posted on Roses. Love those tights.

marie354
03-17-2008, 04:38 PM
I know the feeling about what to pack... The first time I was out for a week-end, I took 3 suitcases because I wasn't sure what I wanted to wear or what mood I'd be in. My mood, sometimes, has a determining factor in what I wear.
I understand that you are very excited, and rightly so. So I wish you well in your journey, and above all... Have fun!
~Sandy~

Sinthia
03-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Some people have all the luck! Hope you have a great time. Do you plan on traveling dressed?

Gemma Rhodes
03-18-2008, 01:09 AM
Some people have all the luck! Hope you have a great time. Do you plan on traveling dressed?

Yes and No I think Sinthia, my brother is driving up to visit my family and me on Good Friday and I will be going back with him on the Easter Monday and I will be dressed then. When I come home though the following Monday I have decided to travel in drab as I will be on the train and will have to make my own way from his flat as he will be at work, and as I will have at least one very heavy (I would think) suitcase to carry I have decided that I should travel in drab. I like to think I can be fairly convincing at times but my voice still gives me away so if anyone decided they would help the "lady" with her suitcase then I am a bit worried what might happen. I would love to travel back dressed but the week before will be heaven for me and more than make up for any disappointment I will be feeling.

Dalece
03-18-2008, 02:02 AM
Have fun Gemma, Get some picks and enjoy the week in heaven.

Carly D.
03-18-2008, 04:25 AM
This sounds like a dream situation.. enjoy yourself..

Suzie S.
03-18-2008, 04:46 AM
Gemma, it looks like you have a great week on the horizon! :) Hope you have a lot of fun visiting your brother! Looking foward to hear how the week goes, and of course, pictures! Have a safe trip! :hugs:

Amy Hepker
03-18-2008, 04:54 AM
Sounds like a really fun time, wish I could join you. I am half English, my mother was from Manchester. I was over there twice, once whan I was 4 and then when I was 5. We were going to move over there, but my dad could not find a good job back then and we moved back to The USA.

Kate-May
03-18-2008, 05:51 AM
Wow that sounds like a great way to spend the bank holiday. Remmber to tell us all about it when you come back (to earth!).

Suzy Harrison
03-18-2008, 06:54 AM
Oh are you going to have a great time !

Take plenty of photos, I'm sure you'll enjoy every second.
Can you tell your brother that the next time you have a few thousand friends who'd like to come along too !

Chari
03-18-2008, 07:17 AM
Gemma, enjoy every moment of your new adventure! If you worry about your voice not sounding femme, women do get colds or sore throats this time of the year - which could be a good reason for the deeper voice. Always be confident and comfortable with who you are and please be safe!

Hugs2U, Chari

Gemma Rhodes
03-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Gemma, enjoy every moment of your new adventure! If you worry about your voice not sounding femme, women do get colds or sore throats this time of the year - which could be a good reason for the deeper voice. Always be confident and comfortable with who you are and please be safe!

Hugs2U, Chari

Thanks Charli, I do try to speak softer when I am en femme and I'm sure my brother will make sure i will be safe. He's a bit of a bruiser and knows how to look after himself so I was really surprised how much he has embraced my femme side since I told him.

Sinthia
03-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Gemma . . . Your name is very unusual, but I like it. How did you come up with it?

victoriamwilliams1
03-18-2008, 11:16 PM
Your going to have a great time!

Cheryl J
03-18-2008, 11:24 PM
"I am half English, my father was from Manchester."

Dressed for a week AND in London. I'd give my favourite dress to be with you.
I love England, I even have a British passport. I'd live there except for one insurmountable issue.

Yvonne

Gemma Rhodes
03-19-2008, 01:20 AM
Gemma . . . Your name is very unusual, but I like it. How did you come up with it?

Hi Sinthia,

Gemma (pronounced Jemma) is a fairly common name here in the UK. It was given to me by a former partner of mine over 15 years ago when she caught me dressed red-handed one night. She became very suportive of me after the usual tears and questions and asked me what I called myself. Until then I had not given myself a femme name so she said she couldn't really call me by my male name when we were out and said she would call me Gemma as it was her favourite name and what she had wanted to be called when she was young.

I still use the name today even though she left me 2 years later (its a long story which I have told elsewhere in this forum but it was my fault entirely and nothing to do with her attitude to my dressing, and something I will always regret). Also I stopped dressing for the best part of 10 years. (how I managed that I will never know) but when I started again I began using the name again.

Gemma

xx