PDA

View Full Version : out to meeting again nervous again !

shirley1
03-17-2008, 02:06 PM
i have been to a tg meeting 3 times now this will be my 4th time tonite - but the first 2 times i went there in drab and changed when i got there - but its annoying having to mess about with a large bag and getting changed in the rest room - the last time was much better going dressed from where i live - not a major problem for me at the moment just phone for a taxi and walk out get in ! gonna do the same tonite but god do i feel nervous about walking out the door - once i'm there i'm fine i think its caus i am going out on my own rather than with others - i'm really looking forward to it again but boy does it play havoc with my nerves (theyre all jangled!) need to take a chill pill !

Michelle-NC
03-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Nerves are completely understandable Shirley! Just take a deep breath...from your pic, you have nothing to worry about! And congrats on you for getting out!

joann07
03-17-2008, 03:17 PM
Glad your getting out.
Yeah. The first couple of times can be nerve wracking, but each time you go out you're gaining more and more valuable experience, while building up confidence, and eventually, you'll be so comfortable that nervousness will be a thing of the past.

Keep it up. You're doing great!

Hugs!

Nicki B
03-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Your own bathroom is best.. :)

So, how'd it go? End up in the Loft Lounge again?

sterling12
03-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Don't know what your group is offering, but it's S.O.P. for my Tri-Ess Groups to provide a dressing ROOM. At Tampa, we have a number of rooms from which to choose and the only hassle is the Gurl's competing for mirror space. In Orlando, we have a SUITE and Gurl's are dressing all over the place.

It's usually a comfort for most Newbie Gurl's to have another "Big Sister" in the vicinity, and also dressing. Try to look at the situation that way. If your feeling rushed for time, try to get there as early as possible. When your new to meetings, it often feels like everybody is faster. Then, your rushing to catch up and it feels like your doing a poor job of putting on your makeup and the other clothing.

Also, if your feeling overwhelmed with it all, tell someone and I bet you will get all kinds of help. All of those feelings will pass! Try and relax, go with the flow, have fun. Nobody is judging your efforts! The important thing.....keep trying, you will improve with each passing month. Just check out your photo's as you go along month to month....see what I mean!

Peace and Love Joanie

vikki2020
03-17-2008, 10:43 PM
The good thing is that you are getting out,and not backing out.Being nervous is pretty normal,but it always goes away!

paulaN
03-17-2008, 10:59 PM
I agree with Vikki 100% I'm glad your getting out. fun aint it.

JoAnnDallas
03-18-2008, 08:12 AM
The first few times can be scary. I know, I started going out and enteracting with other people back in 2005. Now, I have no problem walking out of my house fully dressed, driving somewhere, and having fun. I belong to Tri-Ess and the girls in my chapter have been really great.

Emily Ann Brown
03-18-2008, 08:47 AM
Hurrays on beating the nerves, obvious the fun part is greater than the nervous part.

Emily Ann