PDA

View Full Version : Why I Love St. Patrick's Day

gretchen_love
03-17-2008, 04:59 PM
I love St. Patty's for two main reasons besides the obvious of the food and Guinness.....

1: I can wear a kilt all day and not get any wierd looks (well, less than I normally would)

2: A great excuse to wear plaid panties...need I say more?

Julie York
03-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Kilt.

St Patrick.

Doh you Americans.

:doh:

Happy St Angus Day to you all.

:thumbsup:

gretchen_love
03-17-2008, 05:19 PM
the irish wear kilts...not as often or famously, but still in the celtic tradition...

Anna the Dub
03-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Not when I was growing up in Dublin, we didn't. Never, ever saw anyone in a kilt except someone learning Irish dancing or someone in a marching band.

Julie York
03-17-2008, 06:05 PM
the irish wear kilts...not as often or famously, but still in the celtic tradition...

Technically. Yes, you're right.

Anyway enjoy your day.

Anna the Dub
03-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Technically. Yes, you're right.:thumbsup:

Maybe technically, but not in actuality. I can tell you categorically, Irish people do not wear kilts (except for some GGs)

gretchen_love
03-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Spirit of the holiday in america...i know the difference, but most people don't, therefore...I had fun and to me thats what matters...most scots don't wear kilts either on a day to day basis...

TGMarla
03-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Kilt.

St Patrick.

Doh you Americans.

:doh:

Happy St Angus Day to you all.

:lol2:

Yeah, yeah, I saw the disclaimer a few posts above, but it's still the best crack I've heard all day. I like SPD because green is my favorite color.

Stormgirl
03-17-2008, 11:24 PM
St.Paddy's Day was last Saturday? It fell on Catholic Holy week?

nm:drink:

obsessedwithpantyhose
03-17-2008, 11:44 PM
wore my green pantyhose with shorts and a green blouse to the bank,auto parts store and to get my pizza,had to sit and wait for my pizza :D

i got pix,,how do i get them on here????

Lisa Rose
03-18-2008, 05:37 AM
Green Plaid Panties!!! What a wondrful idea. Now I have a great comeback for when someone asks "What do you wear under your kilt?" :drink:

Annie D
03-18-2008, 08:54 AM
I didn't wear a kilt for St. Pat's because I think that it is a Scot's fashion but I always wear a skirt on Mondays, so I was close!

I did, however, get my toenails painted green for St. Pat's and had to proudly show them off so that I wouldn't get pinched for not wearing green.

Anna the Dub
03-18-2008, 02:31 PM
I have to say that I don't really have any nice female green clothes, so I had to wear something drab, and chose for this my Ireland rugby shirt. Well, it is green, and it does have shamrocks on it. Next year I will be better prepared.