PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Breast Forms

Danielle Hyatt
03-20-2008, 12:43 AM
I'm on a low budget and I don't thank I could do any thing I found on here that would look real so I ceme up with this idea of ice packs will this work?

Your Friend
Dan:D

Princess29
03-20-2008, 01:52 AM
Hi Dan
I use rice in pantyhose and it works pretty well and you can create a set of breastforms for around $5

yms
03-20-2008, 05:58 AM
Early on, I took the foam from old cushions and cut them to size. Or you can go to a craft store and buy the stuff. Another option is cotton wadding, which is easier to work with but looses it shape quickly.

Alisa
03-20-2008, 06:19 AM
Here is a link to a good receipe for forms made of hose and bird seed.

http://www.blooberry.com/bformfaq/nylons.html

Pros of this type of form
Fairly realistic - passable in low-contact situations
Has more realistic weight than foam and cotton forms
The size of the form is easily configurable if it does not fit in a bra
Cheap. This allows you to have several different sized forms at once. (I bought some seed to experiment and found millet to be about $.75/lb and Quinoa was about $2.25/lb)
Durable. The substances used are not volatile. Only a puncture would seriously damage it.

Cons of this type of form
Consistency and feel is not as realistic as silicone, latex, or rubber
Not waterproof
Some seed types (such as millet) might have a slight odor or can leave some residue on clothing. (Not an issue with the poly-pellets)
Not attachable to the chest
No built-in nipple (but if you follow the instructions above...)
Although the bra gives the form its shape, minor bumps or impacts can temporarily deform the shape slightly

jill s
03-20-2008, 06:53 AM
I use rice in hose, It's pretty inert stuff unless you cook it.

bEEb
03-20-2008, 09:57 AM
After all is said-n-done. Socks. You can wear em again on your feet too.

Pamela Julie
03-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Ice packs? I would think they would be a poor fit in your bra cups. If you want to create cheap forms for use only at home, buy several very large latex balloons and fill two with a liquid. Many have used water balloons with some success, but there is the danger of a leak at a bad time. The secret to using balloons is to have balloons that will hold enough liquid without having to completely fill them, less than half full is best. Thick liquids or gels work best, possibly from ice packs, liquid soap, corn syrup, etc.. Put the liquid in the balloon, being careful to not get bubbles in the liquid, squeeze out all the air, and tie securly twice. A few warnings, any fragrance in the liquid will pass through the balloon and be noticeable, the balloons will hold up if you are careful not to puncture them for only a couple of weeks at best, don't fill with anything that will go rancid, and if you are too physically active while wearing them, they may fall out of the bra.

Years ago I made a number of pairs of balloon boobs with good success and enjoyed wearing them around the house. I was able to decide what size band and cup work best for me and with clothes as well. When I purchased my first set of breast forms, I was able to make the right choice on the first try. Making them was also a lot of fun, and I learned a lot.

When I had the money, I purchased my first pair of breast forms, the best money I have ever spent. Though the balloons filled out the bra about as well as the forms and looked great, with the forms I don't worry about leaks, odors from the filling, having them falling out of the bra, or replacing them every couple of weeks. If you can save $1 a day toward a pair of forms, in several months you will have enough to buy a pair of good forms. Consider it an investment in your future.

Angie G
03-20-2008, 07:03 PM
When I started I used pillow stuffing ( polyester Fiberfil) and it worked great.:hugs:
Angie

Joy Carter
03-20-2008, 07:07 PM
I go only 100% organic. Birdseed babe here. :D

Carroll
03-20-2008, 08:09 PM
I have used the icepack gel put into a balloon (I used an empty caulking tube and gun to fill the balloons) About a cup and a tad more makes about a "c" cup. I then put the filled balloons into nylons for shape and durability. This worked for me for over a year, and even though I have silicone forms now, I still have the gel ones just in case :)

Jamie Parks
03-21-2008, 12:49 AM
Hi Dan
I use rice in pantyhose and it works pretty well and you can create a set of breastforms for around $5

wow I didnt know anyone else knew that trick I did that for years untill I finally got forms

GINA-CD
03-21-2008, 12:54 AM
you can also use flour to fill in the balloons... it's heavier than some fluids or seeds and keeps its form longer. It's also less risky since it won't be a mess if there's a leak!

Mollyanne
03-21-2008, 05:43 AM
Hi Dan, I started with the foam but I was not happy with them, no weight!!!! I actually got mine from e-Bay( C cup) for about $55.00. I am very satisfied with them notwithstanding that they are not real(OH HOW I WISH THAT THEY WERE). E-mail me anytime for any help that you may need.

:love: Mollyanne

tamarav
03-21-2008, 05:49 AM
I watched my sisters as teenagers, stuff their bras with pantyhose. I took the idea and added some lead shot stolen from my uncle's reload shop for weight. Boy did they bounce!

I think just about every product or thing has been used over the years and all will work if not heavily observed.

Your sis,

Tami

DonnaT
03-21-2008, 07:37 AM
You can get cheap forms at wal-mart in the bra section, when in stock. They run out quickly for some reason.

Or you could make a mold from paper mache, line it with plastic wrap, then use the flat tire sealer "green-slime" to fill the mold. I haven't tried it, but sounds feasible.

TGMarla
03-21-2008, 07:47 AM
Ice packs? When it gets cold, do you get high beams?

Carroll
03-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Ice packs? When it gets cold, do you get high beams?

They were kept in the back cupboard in our bedroom. The space gets rather cold in the winter. It took forever to warm up if I didnt put them in the microwave for a few secounds...so yes...highbeams

BreastformGuy
03-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Actually www.ovinaexpress.com has some large ones from $65 a pair (Size F). Its the most affordable I've seen.

shirley1
03-21-2008, 09:47 PM
bird seed ? what happens if the birds come flying past you and want to peck at your seed !

MaidInCan
03-22-2008, 06:44 PM
If not into cleavage, and its just shape, and to be worn in the bra under tops, I find a rolled up t-shirt (rounded) in one of the plastic bags newspapers come in are effective. One for each side of course. They give a good feel when caressed over the tops and give good shape. Suggested for 38-40 cup sizes, then one tee for each side should suffice. You can tie down the plastic bag if you wish. I find the plastic adheres to the skin a little and thus doesn't move around a lot-a more natural appearance. I long, too, for the day I can afford proper breast forms.

Genifer Teal
03-23-2008, 08:19 AM
I had to find something to say to make my 500th post. A small landmark for some. It is stated above that:

The secret to using balloons is to have balloons that will hold enough liquid without having to completely fill them, less than half full is best.

I'm not sure if this point is clear enough. When the balloon is full, you want it to be loose and not stretched tight. Too small a baloon will need to be over filled to reach the desired size. This is why you need to find very large balloons to fill. Then you can fill it up to the point of stretching but not quite. The ballons will have more give and a more realistic feel.

Gen

O2B Barbara
03-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Burrrrrr............. getting cold (and nipons) just thinking about the ice packs!

Try watching eBay, if you watch the auctions you can get a pair at a pretty good price.

Paula T
03-23-2008, 10:36 PM
I bought mine on e-bay for 22.00 and shipping anybody can afford that. Cheaper than a new pair of heels.:eek: Speaking of heels I better go shopping:)