PDA

View Full Version : The cowards way of crossdressing.

kimmy p
03-20-2008, 10:58 PM
That's what I call what I did today. I put on my new blue jeans, I cant remember the brand name, I got them at Wal-mart, they have a built in girdle panel! And they fit perfect! I also had on a new set of panties, pantyhose, a pink T-shirt and short sleeve sweater. The only thing I was wearing that was male was my tennis shoes. But that was it. I wasn't trying to pass; as a matter of fact I intentionally found androgynous clothes that wouldn’t look out of the ordinary. I know, what’s the point? I’m not sure. I just know that I like wearing women’s clothing, and this is the only way I get to go out dressed at all. Anyway, it was still fun knowing that I was dressed totally female. Even if it didn’t look like it. Some day I hope to have the courage of some of you other ladies. But for now.....

shirley1
03-20-2008, 11:03 PM
its called stealth dressing in britain - i havn done it yet but maybe i'll try it sometime - womens jeans, jumpers and boots but not to obviously ggs clothes - break the boundaries down slowly ! doesnt work for me i either want to dress en femme or not but fair play to you !

ColleenW
03-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Hi Kimmy -

Why 'coward'? If you're comfortable why not?

PatriciaT
03-21-2008, 12:25 AM
its called stealth dressing in britain - i havn done it yet but maybe i'll try it sometime - womens jeans, jumpers and boots but not to obviously ggs clothes - break the boundaries down slowly ! doesnt work for me i either want to dress en femme or not but fair play to you !

I agree completely with this comment. I started out in pretty much the same way and for a while it worked. After a while, however, I found this androgenous dressing just didn't do. I switched over to a completely feminine appearance and the difference was huge.

You too might be going through a stage like I did originally. Some people, however, seem to be content with the halfway approach and this is fine too.

Cowardly? No, not al all.

Joy Carter
03-21-2008, 12:29 AM
It's all about you and your comfort zone. If you don't care what others will say, then you will get there. None of us will fault you for this.

Laurelanne
03-21-2008, 02:20 AM
Hey real GG.s do it like that all the time in male attire, why can't you... have fun no matter what.:heehee:

DeeDee3
03-21-2008, 03:32 AM
Hey real GG.s do it like that all the time in male attire, why can't you... have fun no matter what.:heehee:

I do the same thing and feel better for it. Get to shop in the Women's Dept., and always try it on first. Take it to the Mens Dressing Room. My wardrobe is 100% FEMALE. Not able to wear my dresses and skirts outside the house,so this helps me make it through life. DeeDee

dominique
03-21-2008, 05:24 AM
I've done it many time so no need to feel that way.

MJ
03-21-2008, 05:39 AM
but you feel comfortable , and thats whats matters i don't think your a coward at all . just get out there and have fun :D. remember baby steps

maryjanecapri
03-21-2008, 06:01 AM
women dress that way all the time. so why would it be considered the cowards way? i dress that way a lot as well. nothing wrong with what makes you feel like you.

TSchapes
03-21-2008, 06:15 AM
Each person has their own goals and desires, it is more important that you enjoy yourself. This is not a contest of who can do what. I've always liked what Tiger Woods said about his playing strategy, he competes against the course not other players.

You are courageous because you set your own goal and achieved that goal. I would be proud if I were you. :yippee:

Nicki B
03-21-2008, 07:42 AM
..break the boundaries down slowly !

It's all about you and your comfort zone. If you don't care what others will say, then you will get there. None of us will fault you for this.

It's about your own boundaries really, isn't it - what you can be comfortable with? The battles we have to fight are really with our own conditioning...

remember baby steps

Good advice. ;)

kimmy p
03-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Thanks ladies, I just wish I had the guts/opportunity to dress up nice once in a while. I do what I can do.

joann07
03-21-2008, 09:03 AM
There are no fashion police to tell you what you can and can't wear so I don't think there's anything cowardly about how you dressed.
Like the other girls said, as long as you're comfortable with yourself that's all that matters.

Hugs!

Angela Burke
03-21-2008, 09:06 AM
I don't think you're a coward either.
Good for you!

Kate-May
03-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Hi, Kimmy, we're all agreed that your are decidedly not a coward.

I've never beenout dressed but I think I might try your approach, nothing too drastic, and see if I can build up over time.

See..You've inspired me!

Janet Bern
03-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Coward? I think not. go with the comfort level.. next time makeup, then maybe small breast forms..eventually a blending type skirt ,,one step at a time

Vivian Best
03-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Your no coward! Someone mentioned it earlier in posts that there are no fashion police! I do it all the time and think nothing of it. Your not alone.

pamela_a
03-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Kimmy. you just described my normal daily wardrobe, the only male things I wear anymore is shoes but everything I wear over my bra and panty is from the women's dept. I rarely get the opportunity to wear a dress/skirt or make up and jewelry but I don't see many other ladies at work or shopping all dolled up either.

With a 16 y/o son still at home I need to live within the confines of what I can and can't wear (not that I don't push it periodically).

I think it's just more practical and definitely nothing cowardly about it. It's all about comfort. As others have said, there is no one out there setting rules for what you can or have to wear. Going out and being comfortable is what's important.

-Paula-

docrobbysherry
03-21-2008, 11:38 AM
I used to wear ladies undies and bras under my drabs. But I wouldn't consider wearing any female attire that showed, out in public!

kimmy p
03-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Thank you all for the nice words ladies. Let me say first, I did not mean in any way for the title of this thread to be insulting to anyone who does the same thing. Secondly, the title meant to myself that I REALLY looked for female clothes that were androgynous enough to avoid being obvious.
Janet, as a rule I will never in all likelihood go out with makeup on or in a dress, though I have snuck out with my forms on under some heavy clothing. My wife is supporting of me in almost everyway possible, but she wants my dressing to remain a closet affair. Due to the fact that it is not socially acceptable, and due to the fact that I am a massage therapist and could easily lose most of my clients if this gets around. Halloween is mine though! I do think that I’ll do more “stealth dressing” (thanks for the terminology Shirley) as I really enjoy the fact that whatever I’m wearing is not male. I don’t know what type of quirk I have, but even if it looks the same I like female better. This is the first time I have ever went full fem. I wear panties and hose everywhere, half the shoes I wear are average looking women’s shoes (I find that they fit me better), and I have both ears pierced. Shaved legs, chest, and pits. And I wear pink and baby blue a lot. I guess coward was to strong a word, but I won’t be going anywhere trying to pass. Or going anywhere and not caring if I pass or not. I do wish that there was a local support group.

P.S. docrobbysherry- I'm with you on underdressing. I do the same.

SaraD
03-21-2008, 07:18 PM
I do the same thing. I even buy the most non feminine jeans and t-shirts so I can wear them every day. I think it's a jumping off point for me. It gives me the curage to dress more feminine when I get home and to go out more en-fem.

Sara

Blixa
03-21-2008, 07:33 PM
This is a smart way to go. I started out like that. Each time i make my outfit a bit more femme. In just a few months i can now wear a skirt like it's no big thing. It's a safe all black outfit, with knee high boots and black leggings. Maybe next time i will switch the leggings with black pantyhose. Baby steps, baby steps...

Katrina
03-21-2008, 07:45 PM
There are a bunch of us that do that every day. I call it girly drab. For instance, I didn't wear a stitch of men's clothing today.

mike47
03-21-2008, 07:52 PM
I can fully understand. I enjoy it when I know I can be home alone for a long time and get dressed. It is like a holiday when I get to jump in the car and drive around like that though.

Cheyenne Skye
03-21-2008, 08:54 PM
I do the same thing as much as possible. In my day to day life I have to wear a drab uniform for work so on my days off, I like to dress more to my liking. Every time I have to buy new clothes now I opt for something from the women's department (well actually juniors-it fits better). My goal is to completely replace all my male clothing with feminine equivalents. Unfortunately I still have to hold on to a few things for those times going out with family (in-laws aren't very accepting).

shalini_ukunge
03-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Stealth dressing is what I do these days, in fact I dont even HAVE a stitch of male clothing with me anymore.

Been wearing panties for a long time, they feel so much better than guys jocks, that I discarded all of them a while ago. To go to a Doc, I have buy a new pair of guys underwear, which has a life of a few hours. :D I do wear a bra almost 24/7, and feel terribly undressed on the odd day that I dont wear one. And pantyhose ofcourse. Great feel, PLUS it helps with blood circulation for the legs. No point paying more $ for unisex DVT stockings when pantyhose works just great.

Girls jeans, they fit and look better anyway. I was thrilled to find a couple with the zip to the left, though that is not very common. Girls shirts, with the buttons on the left. Unfortunately, most of them come with 3/4 length sleeves, so I fold them (a common procedure in a warm country anyway).

And girls shoes. Found a few great pairs, that could pass for guys shoes, but the heel is "that much higher", "that much narrower".

They are all "female" clothing, but could pass for "guy's outfits".

But with all this "femme" attire, has anyone noticed? NOPE, Not one. When I pointed this out to a couple of GG friends who know I am a CD, they went like "really?. Now that you mention it, I can see it". Those who dont know that I am a CD have not noticed so far, atleast they haven't commented.

The other day my ex and her friend (who know I am a CD) were berating me on "being a CD" and still DIDN'T notice that I was dressed 100% enfemme, while I stood there grinning in front of them. I am positive that they didn't notice, otherwise they would have loved to publicly humiliate me in front of others.

So my advice is "Go ahead, but be smart about it". Which means no frills, no obviously "feminine bows and flowers". And obviously, shirts with thicker and opaque material, the bra must NEVER show through. And no feminine mannerisms.

Go ahead and have fun.

jessielee
03-21-2008, 11:17 PM
i think you're doing great Kimmy!
and more power to you.
but get some girls running shoes and then you'll have wear your halloween wig and then bye bye stealth dressing!
best wishes, hun,
jessie

Seville
03-22-2008, 12:36 AM
I never thought I would enjoy the andro look,
but its Neat!

Besides, It complements my red fingernails,
earrings, and when seated, my high heels.

Fun...Not Coward! :)

Phyliss
03-22-2008, 05:07 AM
There are a bunch of us that do that every day. I call it girly drab. For instance, I didn't wear a stitch of men's clothing today.

"Girly Drab" ... I like that. Normally during the day the only "boy" thing I have on is my belt. Shoes jeans shirt, and of course the "required" threesome of undies, are quite normal for me anymore.
Now the thought of wearing a skirt or dress as normal everyday wear is still a long way off, but then I don't see many of them out in public anyhow.

kimmy p ... do your thing honey. As long as you feel comfortable ... do it.

Amelia Moxon
03-22-2008, 05:35 AM
Pretty much what I do to be honest Kimmy, Girls jeans, panties, socks and trainers (purple converse all stars) with guys T-shirt and Jacket I occasionally push it to include a pair of Ugg boots (especially if it is cold :D), flat Mary Janes, or ballet pumps though :heehee: and I might wear a girls T-shirt and Bra if I intend on keeping my jacket on. Main problem is getting the more blatantly feminine items out past the parents. :Angry3:

Amelia xx

Angie G
03-22-2008, 08:12 AM
Hay if it works for you then go for it Kimmy there's nothing wrong with that. now you go girl. :hugs:
Angie

Amy Hepker
03-22-2008, 10:24 AM
You are not a coward, we all start out slow, Be proud and you will get the courage to go out looking more like a gilr than most girls.

JennaMarie
03-22-2008, 10:37 AM
I am a closet dresser, though my wife knows. She even helps me shop sometimes, though doesn't want me to go out in public dressed.

Anyway, plain women's jeans are great (and ok with the wife). No one can tell and they offer them in stretch which is a lot more comfortable. The only problem I've encountered is finding a pair that has enough room for my given anatomy.

TxKimberly
03-22-2008, 11:26 AM
That's what I call what I did today. I put on my new blue jeans, I cant remember the brand name, I got them at Wal-mart, they have a built in girdle panel! And they fit perfect! I also had on a new set of panties, pantyhose, a pink T-shirt and short sleeve sweater. The only thing I was wearing that was male was my tennis shoes. But that was it. I wasn't trying to pass; as a matter of fact I intentionally found androgynous clothes that wouldn’t look out of the ordinary. I know, what’s the point? I’m not sure. I just know that I like wearing women’s clothing, and this is the only way I get to go out dressed at all. Anyway, it was still fun knowing that I was dressed totally female. Even if it didn’t look like it. Some day I hope to have the courage of some of you other ladies. But for now.....

If you ask me, what you are doing takes MORE guts. When I go out dressed, I'm wearing a wig and makeup, and figure odds are VERY slim that anyone will recognize me. You are heading out still looking like you, but wearing feminine clothing - ask me that takes a heck of a lot MORE courage!

Kim

sherib
03-22-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm a closet dresser and I'v only been out late at night dressed when my wife was away. I did one time get dressed with my bra stuffed, pantyhose, womwns slacks and went out. I also had on a pairs of womens flats that I got from Lane Bryants. No make up but a little lipstick. hair brushed back and padding under the slacks. And you know what, nobody noticed. Every now and then I will sneak out like that, just go to another neighborhood. You don't want to meet any of your friends.

kimmy p
03-22-2008, 11:46 AM
I am a closet dresser, though my wife knows. She even helps me shop sometimes, though doesn't want me to go out in public dressed.

Anyway, plain women's jeans are great (and ok with the wife). No one can tell and they offer them in stretch which is a lot more comfortable. The only problem I've encountered is finding a pair that has enough room for my given anatomy.

I ahem, wish that was more of a problem. :o

AKAMichelle
03-22-2008, 01:43 PM
People don't pay attention unless you are in their face. One of the biggest problems that cops have is asking witnesses to describe a criminal. People often times won't remember or notice the simplest of details.

Last year I went to buy my new car for my birthday. My wife had no idea that I was back crossdressing. There I sat buying the car in panties / stocking / women's blue jeans. My wife even commented that she noticed by the way the pants fit on my legs that I had lost a lot of weight. At the time 30 pounds. Afterwards we went to dinner at a nice restaurant.

Nobody noticed a thing. That is the way people are. Even my wife. :D

waspookie6
03-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Thanks ladies, I just wish I had the guts/opportunity to dress up nice once in a while. I do what I can do.

kimmy, can I steal that quote? :o

Seriously, I don't think twice when I see most of the gm's in our area wearing 'girl drab' and think that is a very fitting statement, just never even thought of it that way. The only thing I don't like are tennies, they just seem uncomfortable. Slip on's are big now for girl drab and have a bit of heel to them, a next step maybe?

Wear what is comfortable to you, if you find you like a nice bra too then gradually go with that as well because we are always harder on how we look than other people really notice or care.
:)

Kelsy
03-22-2008, 02:34 PM
You're no coward sweety you're an inspiration!! becos of this post I have decided to buy and collect all types of stealth type girl clothing to wear everyday. Girl jeans and tees and tops, socks and shoes etc that are not outwardly feminine but girl clothing for sure. I want a complete female wardrobe to wear every day. Thanks to you !!!:)

Kelsy:D

kimmy p
03-22-2008, 10:55 PM
kimmy, can I steal that quote? :o

The only thing I don't like are tennies, they just seem uncomfortable. Slip on's are big now for girl drab and have a bit of heel to them, a next step maybe.
:)

I currently have three pair of womens shoes that I wear out and about. A cheap pair of canvas sandals that are the most comfy thing I own, a pair of Dr. Scholls that zip and have a slight undetectable heel, and a pair of canvas flats. This is addition to my heels and such that I only wear out if I'm not getting out of the car. I have been looking at a fairly unobtrusive pair of leather slingbacks that I love. But I'm not sure how much to push things. I do own a few bras (more than my wife actually) and one of them fits my natural body pretty well. I wear it out occasionally. I played a stupid game with myself just last week and wore it to work at a major retail market. I wore a T-shirt, work shirt and sweater over it, but I get lots of hugs from lots of young ladies who like their "uncle". So it was rather silly of me. I simply was wearing it all day and did not wish to remove it for work. The one nice thing about being on the heavier side is that you don't need much for either cleavage, or breasts. All you have to do is move it around.

kimmy p
03-22-2008, 11:04 PM
You're no coward sweety you're an inspiration!! becos of this post I have decided to buy and collect all types of stealth type girl clothing to wear everyday. Girl jeans and tees and tops, socks and shoes etc that are not outwardly feminine but girl clothing for sure. I want a complete female wardrobe to wear every day. Thanks to you !!!:)

Kelsy:D

As long as you don't go for "frilly" or highly decorated the difference is minute. That's why I do it and called it what I did. The chance of exposure is very small. I may next look for a tank top with a built in bra. It just intrigues me. Do me a favor though, if your SO tries to kick your behind for going all girl all the time, don't blame me!:p I just described what I did. Repeat after me..... Kimmy is not a role model! :hugs:

Badwolf
03-23-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm currently sitting in front of my family having breakfast in a pair of girls jeans eating breakfast. I've been wearing them for 3 days because they're my most neutral clothes that I had clean. They havent noticed at all. I've had items like this constantly but only recently have I had the economic freedom to buy in the quantity I need to really start wearing it daily and am currently building up my wardrobe. :) I'm even getting a ton of girls tennies and a few sandals that are neutral and with the right pants I can even get away with some heeled closed toed shoes/boots :)

Badwolf
03-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Oh and this was the post that caused me to join...I just had to talk a little about this pass time that has taken me almost half my life to really develop to the point where I'm satisfied with it :)

O2B Barbara
03-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Just love the feeling, I like the term "girly drab" as it seem sto fit. I too go out in everything female, except boots & socks, even wear a nice pendant under the top just to add to the feel. I am letting my hair grow long, wife said ok as long as I keep it looking nice, pierced ears and anything else that I can do fem without outing myself completely.

Rachel Morley
03-23-2008, 10:36 PM
I wasn't trying to pass; as a matter of fact I intentionally found androgynous clothes that wouldn’t look out of the ordinary.

Kimmy ... please don't beat yourself up over this, it's only that you are not used to it (yet). One day you will get out there fully en femme and you'll just love it, I know it. Until then what you are doing is great stuff.... softly, softly, gently, gently, ... find your own pathway ... you will get there.

I agree so much with Katrina here. I call my look "girly boy" (obvious genetic male wearing women's clothes) .... how obvious you want to make your femme clothes is up to the individual, and at this moment you have chosen to be subtle about it ... that's not being a coward.... that's being smart! Go at your own pace. I know that I wear really obvious women's clothes (sweater sets, capris, scoop necked t-shirts etc... but not all together) in boy mode but I didn't get there overnight.

Just take your time, enjoy the feeling of wearing the clothes, and before you know it you'll be ready for a "full on" en femme outing :)

jjjjohanne
03-29-2008, 03:58 PM
When I go out like that, I call it dressing "androgenously enfemme." Stealth dressing is so much easier to type!

slamddoger
03-29-2008, 05:51 PM
no your not acoward you are being smart . how you are doing it