PDA

View Full Version : How Big Is This Envelope?

vikki2020
03-22-2008, 01:57 PM
As I'm able to get out dressed a little bit more and more,I'm getting more confident in my activities.When I look back to just a year ago,I am miles ahead in where I go, and the attitude I go with.I realize that this is a natural progression,and I'm pretty happy at where I'm at.But, each time I get out, I want to go somewhere new, and "push" that envelope a little further.Every ones comfort zone is a little different, but do you get to a point and think, "well thats as far as I'm going",or do you want to see whats around that next corner?Am I just chasing that "thrill" that has eased with a higher comfort level?

DemonicDaughter
03-22-2008, 02:01 PM
I personally feel that life becomes boring if you are simply content. Push the envelope!

And as to whether or not you will ever be "content" with a certain level. Well are you like that in other areas of your life? Or are you always one for the adventure?

Deborah Jane
03-22-2008, 02:30 PM
I,ve found the same thing. I used to dress rarely when i was married, but since living in my own place and dressing regularly, i seem to want go further all the time.
In less than a year i,ve gone from just dressing in underwear occasionally to now going out fully "en femme" in the evenings. I plan to go out to a club in the next few weeks where c/ders are welcome. I,ve little doubt i,ll go further as time goes on!!
I think some of us just keep evolving Vikki!!

Angie G
03-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Live life to the fullest Vikki you go girl. :hugs:
Angie

Amy Hepker
03-22-2008, 04:08 PM
That will be up to you.

PheonaP
03-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Last time I measured it, it was 27126 miles square. As in all things hun, TAKE CARE!.:hugs:

renee k
03-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Well here's my take on this question. I, like most here have been doing this since puberty. I've been pushing the envelope, ie; going out in public, electrolysis, experimenting with hormones, for the past sixteen years. Just as about as far one could without going the TS route. And the reasons that have stopped me was family, and career. If I didn't have my children and career, and had as much access to information then, when I started dressing. As I do now, I would have gone all the way. But my children and my career out weigh that. And I'm pretty happy with where I'm at now.

Huggs, Renee

Eugenie
03-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Every ones comfort zone is a little different, but do you get to a point and think, "well thats as far as I'm going",or do you want to see whats around that next corner?
It isn't so much my own "comfort zone" that is stopping me. My problem is that I'm afraid that I con't go further without hurting the feelings of too many people around me. I have the feeling of being in a dead end...

Of course, I would like to go out more, to meet new friends "en femme", to start living "en femme" full time, but I know it would make too many people around me suffer...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Kristen Marie
03-22-2008, 06:22 PM
That's a great question. From a year ago when I would barely venture outside to this year when I get dressed, hit Boston in daylight, drive dressed and met other gals for dinner in mainstream restaurants....it's a radical change.

But what is next? Can I be comfortable/content with being dressed and getting out 3-4 times a month or do I have always bring it to another level? My circle of TGirls friends is ever increasing and that is awesome....so is that the next direction?

Kayla Shadows
03-22-2008, 07:05 PM
I think...with this short time we have in this world,we should always keep ourselves open to new experiences.I dont want to sit around one day thinking of all the things i wish i did but didnt.Keep pushing:)

vikki2020
03-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Oh, I intend to keep pushin'!There's always another corner up ahead to peak around,or visit the last one from a different direction!

shirley1
03-22-2008, 08:23 PM
It isn't so much my own "comfort zone" that is stopping me. My problem is that I'm afraid that I con't go further without hurting the feelings of too many people around me. I have the feeling of being in a dead end...

Of course, I would like to go out more, to meet new friends "en femme", to start living "en femme" full time, but I know it would make too many people around me suffer...

:hugs:
Eugenie

see thats the crook if thats the right word - how far will you take it before your family have to know and how will it reflect on them ! i was around my sister and bro in laws today and have never openly told them about my cding - and they are now talkin about emigrating - and i am actually encouraging them thinking the further close family are away from me the more freedom i've got to live this lifestyle - but surely that is wrong ? you shoudnt need to feel to detatch yourself from loved ones just to pursue a lifestyle you enjoy should you ?

joann07
03-22-2008, 09:38 PM
That's great you're not afraid to just go out and do things. And like you said, the more you do it the more confident you'll be.

A year ago, I went out my first time and, of course, I was nervous, but I was determined to practice as much as I can and get things right.
Now, I can go pretty much anywhere anytime because I have so much confidence in myself.
I flew in femme last October, and if I can do that I can do anything.

Keep it up.

Hugs!

victoriamwilliams1
03-22-2008, 10:18 PM
I understand this feeing myself. You just have to be yourself and most people do not care anyway. Just remember your first. Like the first time a man held a door open for you at a business.

Suzy Harrison
03-23-2008, 05:55 AM
It's the same for me since I've been going out.

I seem to reach my comfort level - then I try to go a little further. I suppose life is too short not to make the effort - and then years later wish you had.

RikkiOfLA
03-23-2008, 07:12 AM
It took me a loooooooong time to reach the edge of my envelope--about eight years. The envelope turned out to be much bigger than I originally thought, but I reached the boundaries of it, finally.

I was crossdressing all I wanted to--that turned out to be 24/7 for me.

I went everywhere I wanted en femme--that turned out to be everywhere.

I tried over-the-counter hormones--I didn't care for how they made me feel--a bit asexual. Also a lot sick to my stomach. Ugh.

When I reached the edge of the envelope I had that "Is that all there is?" boredom feeling for a couple of weeks. Then I began to focus on other areas of my life where I felt the urge to grow.

I looked at life with new vigor, new courage, new zest for life. I realized I learned that from crossdressing.

Foir a while I thought that I would lose interest in CDing. That didn't happen. I still dress 24/7.

Now I'm looking at retirement with the same energy. My wife and I are building our dream home.

There is an end to envelope pushing. The scary part is, you don't know where it is, until you get there!

As long as the fun for you is in finding that, hooray!

Blessings,
Rikki

tamarav
03-23-2008, 07:45 AM
Just remember that the envelope has two ends. When you expand the envelope you can slip right out the other end. I previously never would have thought I would be dressed daily, working amongst "real" people all day. Now that I am I explore the envelope even further. I go anywhere, do anything simply because it is available and I have fun.

You are your only restriction, but always remind yourself of the safety factor. You may be embarassed on occasion and even ridiculed, but they come with the gig. Don't put yourself into a position that you can't handle.

Attached picture is me just a few days ago at work.

Explore with common sense. Your sis,

Tami

visualdelight
05-03-2008, 05:27 PM
One of my many therapist said something that seems to apply here. She said you only do things when you are ready to do them. And that has been a great way to think about it instead of getting hung up on the details. It becomes more natural.

trannie T
05-03-2008, 05:44 PM
I looked outside my envelope and it said "Postage Due Return to Sender."

Do what you are comfortable doing. For some of us that means only dreaming of wearing a pair of panties, others are dressed 24/7.

Dragster
05-03-2008, 05:52 PM
I always thought that your "comfort zone" was an area where you had been before, and were comfortable with going there.

Immediately surrounding your comfort zone is your "stretch zone", and area where you hadn't been before, but not too far away from where you had been. If you push yourself into your stretch zone a few times, then this becomes a part of your expanded comfort zone, and there is still a stretch zone outside that. People who "grow" throughout their life are continually expanding their comfort zone this way.

Further away, and outside your stretch zone, is your "panic zone". I don't think I need to explain that one, but the first time you walk out of your front door fully dressed in broad daylight and drive down to the mall for a shopping trip probably qualifies as a panic zone excursion!

The above analogy came from a strategic leadership training course I attended 10 years ago; without the CD references of course!

Tony

docrobbysherry
05-03-2008, 10:45 PM
I was out there recently for a shoot, completely dressed for the first time ever in broad daylite!

Ok, that's NOT a big deal to most of u, but I was nervous as all get out! And I have no plans to locate where my "panic zone" is!