PDA

View Full Version : want to be a Beauty Advisor, Need Help

biocherry12
03-23-2008, 04:07 PM
It is seems very difficult to find a job as a crossdresser. i am 26 years old and start looking for my first job. actually, Cosmetics is my favorite thing, i want to be a beauty advisor.

Anyone can give me some advice which regards to crossdresser job hunting issues?

Many thanks for your help, your answer will appreciated by me indeed.

:)

celeste26
03-23-2008, 04:20 PM
If you are so young that this will be your first job then how old are you?

Skills are the first qualification that will be asked and some schooling is the usual place to get experience under supervision. Probably cosmetology would be the most directly applicable profession and believe me there are more than a few men in this field.

"Beauty adviser" might come sometime after much experience not at the beginning of this field, but so much of what passes as qualifications is your ability to promote/market yourself. Yes give it a try.

The other pathway to "Beauty adviser" is through fashion/ sales. While this would either require some form of fashion school or some career in fashion sales (which doesn't necessarily require schooling) but it does require a certain sort of personality that matches with sales. If that suits your personality then go for it.

Anyway it will require you to get some background to qualify yourself otherwise it might just mean a cruel failure. Good Luck.

Julie York
03-23-2008, 05:54 PM
In order to advise you need to have more knowledge than the person you are advising.

"Beauty Suggestor" is probably not what you have in mind.

But that's how it's going to be unless you are a genius.

Joy Carter
03-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Check into some beauty schools. Contact MAC. They have a makeup help line. But they might even suggest a route for you to take. There were two males working where I buy my MAC.

biocherry12
03-24-2008, 01:12 PM
If you are so young that this will be your first job then how old are you?

Skills are the first qualification that will be asked and some schooling is the usual place to get experience under supervision. Probably cosmetology would be the most directly applicable profession and believe me there are more than a few men in this field.

"Beauty adviser" might come sometime after much experience not at the beginning of this field, but so much of what passes as qualifications is your ability to promote/market yourself. Yes give it a try.

The other pathway to "Beauty adviser" is through fashion/ sales. While this would either require some form of fashion school or some career in fashion sales (which doesn't necessarily require schooling) but it does require a certain sort of personality that matches with sales. If that suits your personality then go for it.

Anyway it will require you to get some background to qualify yourself otherwise it might just mean a cruel failure. Good Luck.

Many Thanks for your suggestion, I will think about it very carefully. Yes, i'm not young, 26 years old............

Although i make up everyday and i confident my skills is every good, I have no some certificate which can qualify myself in cosmetics field, actually.

sob, it is very very difficult to find a job as a crossdresser. :sad::sad::sad:

Anybody here got a good job which can enjoy working as a woman? if so, what kind of job you got?

celeste26
03-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Check out the schools, they usually have some scholarships or student loans you can qualify for. If only rich people went to those schools they would go out of business. Ask them you'll never know for sure unless you ask.