PDA

View Full Version : Just Starting To Talk

guardian832
03-24-2008, 04:56 AM
Am new to talking to ANYONE about this. Kind of scarry.........??

Shelly67
03-24-2008, 06:34 AM
Indeed .
Its a certainty , when we really open up , its so new , its scarey !
Thats the one thing as human beings we,ve always had problems with - really talking. Are we so conditioned that we find it so difficult to accept at times we may say the wrong word , make fools of ourselves even ? I think so. When I really spoke to my wife , I shook , wanted to throw up , was so scared after I felt exhausted . I also felt a great wieght having been removed form my shoulders .

It made me realize when it comes from matters of the heart , one thing I have learnt - those who read music will certainly understand this quote : never b sharp , never b flat , always b natural .

For me , I was so scared things would go pear shaped .But , I acepted I must go foward , move on try to gain some form of understanding . Things could have gone from a secretive life to a lonesome one .I had to accept my deception was,nt water tight - she knew something was ongoing in my life . Infact , it was cruel of me as my partner thought I,d found someone new - I was acting so out of charecter . I swear , I bet 99% of our partners know we,re " up to something " ( I bet thats why you,ve now started talking - you simply cant hide anymore ? ) so I decided to take action - TALK.
It was apparent in short , if things did go from bad to worse in our old age be it together or apart , we,d both have to agree on one thing , we tried .
And boy have we tried .
I dont think I,ve ever sat down and talked so much , or drank so many hot drinks ! Held each other , cried together , openy trying to listen , as well as talking .
As for nerves it was far better than any adrenalin sport ..lol.....seriously tho .... we did find somebody new - me ....but by being open we did it together .
For better - for worse.

Whatever youre situation , keep those lines of communication open and good luck !!

Michelle-NC
03-24-2008, 06:56 AM
Couldn't have said it better Michelle...

While it is scary, the only way to do it is to be brave, and open up the line of communications. While it might be horrible at first, you will feel so much better in the long run...and will actually be a relief.

O2B Barbara
03-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Can be scary at times to open up about this kind of thing. At least you do not have to fear this forum as most all are here not only for support, but also to give it as well. I have found that there are many different experiences and views as well as various levels of dressing. I have never had anyone ridicule me, nor have I seen any aimed at others. Teasing, once in a while but I believe we all need to tease and be teased sometimes.

If you are afraid of opening up the group all at once, try a private message or two to get your feet wet. Feel free to send me a message about anything you wish if you want.

Hugs

Julie York
03-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Yup.

But it's quite a ride.

Kayla Shadows
03-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Im pretty new too.DD is still the only one that I have discussed this with.I don't have too many posts here yet and really havnt had a deep discussion with another crossdresser.Everything is so new and can be scary but,I think as long as you accept who you are,things will be fine.Were here to have fun and express this side we have chosen to.For whatever your reason is,enjoy it to the fullest.

docrobbysherry
03-24-2008, 07:28 PM

Do u mean talking here on the Forum? Or to a third party? If it's us here, u have NOTHING to fear except fear itself!

As a closet CD, I kept my secret to myself for 8 years! Never even Googled CDs or Trannies before 6 months ago! Now, it's a whole new world for me. And I hope it will be for u, too!

shirley1
03-24-2008, 07:51 PM
this is a good forum in my opinion lots of people on here - in fact i worry less about being honest on here about myself than on any other sites - maybe its caus i am not likely to meet most of you as i live in england ! and also there seems to be such a wide cross section of people on here within the cding community ie you all talk about just about every facet of cdism - i like that yeh its gets heated sometimes but its good for some

if your talkin about talking to friends and family well that a different story - i still havnt opened up to people close to me - and not in any rush to do so - someone on another forum gave a point of view i found quite interesting - they said many cders come out in reverse ie build a social life within their cd lifestyle first before telling people they know - that some how made sense to me !

Angie G
03-24-2008, 07:56 PM
This is one place you can talk with out fear we are all sisters and understand what you are feeling hun we started out as new members also. so relax and it will get easier hun. :hugs:
Angie

joann07
03-24-2008, 09:09 PM
This is a great place to talk about your fears and take them head on. After a while, you'll realize that you don't fear anything anymore.

Hugs!

trannie T
03-24-2008, 09:55 PM
It can be hard to be honest with others when talking about our crossdressing. It can also be hard to be honest with ourselves. It is also liberating.

vikki2020
03-24-2008, 10:28 PM
You're here, so you have taken the first step.I know how you feel, but there's no reason to be nervous. We all pretty much got off the same boat!

Annie D
03-24-2008, 11:07 PM
As you read through all the threads and replies, you will find several Texas sisters. There are several of the girls who are quite brave and several who are trying to become braver. Welcome to the club! Our sorority is world wide and the opinions and thoughts are as diverse as our choices in clothing.

Don't concern yourself about what others may think, just try to be true to yourself and honest with everyone here.

ColletteCD
03-25-2008, 08:14 PM

It certainly is... however, you will see that it is a load lifted when you do. You may also find that after a bit, you are a lot more comfortable, and see that you end up talking to others about it as well.
I haven't made it that far, but my wife knows, and that was a relief.

jasmine57
03-25-2008, 08:45 PM
I agree. I just recently came out to a friend of mine. I actually tried her heels on while sitting at a bar. We've been talking and e-mailing and this weekend she is going to help me with my makeup amd go shopping. Being able to talk to her has not only lifted the weight of my secret but it's also made me more confident and and excited about it. We've even talked about going out to one of the local clubs where the gurls in the area meet up. I guess what I'm trying to say is that a scary as it is talking about it, it's worth the wait when you find the time and place to bring it up.

deja true
03-25-2008, 09:19 PM
Scary? Oh yeah!!! And the scariest part, after being silent and hiding for so long is figuring out how to start.

Our swirling minds are filled with questions that we still can't even find the words for yet.

Michelle, dear one, take it slow, relax, do a lot of reading first to get an idea of all the issues that get presented here. As you've seen, they range from the frivolous and jokey to the most heart-breakingly serious things you have ever read.

Find your comfort zone. Start to post in the subjects that you're most comfortable with. With experience, your confidence will grow and you'll finally figure out how to get your own questions worded the way you want and post them, too.

Just like meeting new people anywhere, the conversation usually starts with small talk and, when you get comfortable with them and find areas of agreement, the words and feelings flow...

I've never met any of the folks on this site, but from their words and ideas and the way they express themselves, I can say I've already fallen in love a half a dozen times. Some people here are better friends than I have ever, ever had in my whole past life.

I'm a new and better person for having the opportunity to express myself totally and truthfully here. You will be, too. Trust me. Trust us.

respect & love (for the birth of a new person),

deja

Lkgrfunnhou
03-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Scary??? You betcha!!! I'm just in the heel & hose phase....but I love it!!!

Eugenie
03-26-2008, 06:54 PM

Scarry, indeed... But addictive too...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Nicki B
03-26-2008, 09:15 PM
Which is scariest - talking, or dressing? The only answer to both is practice..

DonnaR
03-26-2008, 09:27 PM
What you're feeling is perfectly normal. It is a difficult subject to talk about, but you've come to the right place. You're among friends.

Carly D.
03-27-2008, 09:50 AM
Starting to talk here is a good idea, but I read a lot of posts for about a year before joining this site.. I worried about what if someone I know finding this site and seeing my picture and knowing it is me.. but then you have to realize that for someone you know finding this site would mean they were really bored with their lives or they are having thoughts of this type of lifestyle.. I don't worry about being found here because no one I know knows about Carly, so far as I know... but this site is a therapy feel to it, in that you can pick the entries that feel relevant to what you are going through and read and post on them.. quite nice really..

Emily Ann Brown
03-27-2008, 10:26 AM
Is scary in the beginning after years of hiding, but then it gradually becomes so easy and refreshing to let light into all your dark corners.

Emily Ann

Ana5551
03-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Read and re read michelle's post. Communicate with your SO about everything as soon as you can, and always look to here for a sympathetic ear when you need one.

Vivian Best
03-27-2008, 10:47 AM

I'm sure it is! It was for me also! But, there certainly isn't anything to be scared of. Anything you think or are concerned about is probably being thought or concerned about by the girls here. Get comfortable and enjoy yourself. Your among friends that have been in the same position as you are in.

shortlaguna
03-27-2008, 11:00 AM
I have to agree, it is scary because I am new to all of this too... but everyone here is soo kind & unbelievably understanding that it makes it a little bit easier to be yourself!