PDA

View Full Version : is my heels to thin

rachelle in heels
03-24-2008, 04:39 PM
do u thinl my heels r to thin everywhere i walk i have trouble i have sank in asphault before i have alot of needle heels some with metal tips that come to a point i love how they look so powerful

ShannonDragon
03-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Thar be a lot of pressure on dat ittie bittie little point!! :tongueout

Badwolf
03-24-2008, 05:19 PM
Sinking into asphault is a new low but they're hot girlie...where do you get them from? I need a pair of domi boots :)

Sharon
03-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Forget the heels sinking in asphalt(in Maine?) -- just be careful not to kick anyone with those toes! :eek:

Jilmac
03-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Rachelle, heels like that may look powerful but not very practical. It's like having spikes on your feet, the weight of your body forces them into any soft surface. They could become a serious tripping hazard. Perhaps for your own safety you might want to consider something a little bit wider when you have to walk more than a few steps. Just a little food for thought. Luv and :hugs: Jill

shirley1
03-24-2008, 05:37 PM
how high are the heels ? i have a pair of white stilletos 4.75 inch havnt worn them out yet i think i would find them awkward to walk in i think a problem with thin heels could be getting them caught in the cracks in the pavement it happened to one of my ex gfs she was not happy as the heel broke !

Julie York
03-24-2008, 06:03 PM
Tell us your weight and we can work out how many tons per centimetre you're exerting.

JenniferR771
03-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Amazing spike heels!

I remember hearing that flight attendants on airplanes (back when the were called "stewardesses") were prohibited from wearing tiny thin heels as they tended to penetrate the floor of the aircraft during bumpy air.

The floor of the cabin, I think. I doubt that they would have penetrated to the outside.

Angie G
03-24-2008, 07:21 PM
You could get hurn with them things hun.:hugs:
Angie

Stargirl
03-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Olive stabbers. Powerful ? Maybe if you were trying to kill some poor little gopher, or vole. Imagine the angst if you were to wrench an ankle ? Not worth a fashion statement. And the medical bills, the weeks of limping...pain pills. All it takes is ONE wrong step in a thousand to scare someone into a new style. Ever get a severe sprain, and watch the blood pooling under the skin, and start to feel faint ? Not worth the risk.

Badwolf
03-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Haha I just still want to know where?!??!

victoriamwilliams1
03-24-2008, 10:07 PM
Do you have a permit for those heels:) Those are great but alot of weight is on them.

StephanieT
03-24-2008, 10:07 PM
I love those heels. The thinner the better. Just be careful where you walk.

jamie55
03-24-2008, 10:39 PM
Hi Rachelle: Let's go out and have a drink. I'll start the brawl and you can surely finish it with those heels.

rachelle in heels
03-25-2008, 08:15 AM
do u like my heels everyone 4'' and very pointy

rachelle in heels
03-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Tell us your weight and we can work out how many tons per centimetre you're exerting.

i weigh 175lbs how much damage am i doing

Julie York
03-25-2008, 12:08 PM
Well if you were to stand normally and each foot covers about 10cm squared (for simplicity), that would be a force of 8.75 lbs per cm.

On one foot it would be 17.5 lbs per cm.

And just balancing on the heel of one foot would be about 300lbs per centimetre.

Which, in terms we can visualise, means that proportionally, if your heel were the size of a coke can (8cm squared) to exert that much pressure on the floor you would weigh 4,800 lbs.

Which is probably about the power of a small metal press.

Erm....I think that's right.

:eek:

JoAnnDallas
03-25-2008, 01:28 PM
I hope you know that heels like yours can be deadly weapons. LOL I would not want to be kicked with heels like yours. LOL

KandisTX
03-25-2008, 04:08 PM
My personal opinion is that those boots belong on a stripper, not on a CD that is seeking acceptance in an already intolerant society. Sure we all like to dress sexy from time to time, but there is no need to dress like a stripper just to walk down the street.

Kandis:love::rose2:

fay
03-25-2008, 04:29 PM
All you need to know about heels, pressure and the formula to calculate it (http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2003/JackGreen.shtml)

You do the math :heehee:

Julie York
03-25-2008, 06:28 PM
My personal opinion is that those boots belong on a stripper, not on a CD that is seeking acceptance in an already intolerant society. Sure we all like to dress sexy from time to time, but there is no need to dress like a stripper just to walk down the street.

Sheesh get a grip.
They belong on a CD trust me.
Maybe she doesn't WANT to walk down the street seeking acceptance. Folk who wear fetish gear do it FOR FUN! Remember that bit? Before you became all self aware and serious maybe you wore something that was unsuitable for walking down the street.

And while I am up on my soap box, how serious do you think rachelle's post is? She types like an 18 year old and asks twice if "my heels is 2 thin?"

Get a perspective on it.

victoriamwilliams1
03-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Well if you were to stand normally and each foot covers about 10cm squared (for simplicity), that would be a force of 8.75 lbs per cm.

On one foot it would be 17.5 lbs per cm.

And just balancing on the heel of one foot would be about 300lbs per centimetre.

Which, in terms we can visualise, means that proportionally, if your heel were the size of a coke can (8cm squared) to exert that much pressure on the floor you would weigh 4,800 lbs.

Which is probably about the power of a small metal press.

Erm....I think that's right.

:eek:
Whoa! I guess I wont try those type of heels I would put down almost 8,000+ pounds:eek:

Julie York
03-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Whoa! I guess I wont try those type of heels I would put down almost 8,000+ pounds:eek:

I speak about this subject with feeling.

When I was a lot younger I was in a night club. And a woman thought it was amusing to step backwards onto my foot on purpose. She was wearing that sort of shoe. Had I not taken my foot away before it was too late she'd have probably broken my foot and crippled me for life.

But then I did kill her later in a back alley and bury her behind the old bookshop where the archway meets the new brick lintel.

DOH!

You didn't hear that o.k.

JoAnnDallas
03-26-2008, 08:14 AM
Try going to a Polish wedding. Then dance with some of the woman at the reception that are wearing 3-4" high heels and are a little over wieght. LOL

KandisTX
03-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Sheesh get a grip.
They belong on a CD trust me.
Maybe she doesn't WANT to walk down the street seeking acceptance. Folk who wear fetish gear do it FOR FUN! Remember that bit? Before you became all self aware and serious maybe you wore something that was unsuitable for walking down the street.

And while I am up on my soap box, how serious do you think rachelle's post is? She types like an 18 year old and asks twice if "my heels is 2 thin?"

Get a perspective on it.

Oh, I have a perspective on it. However, the original post states "I have sunk in asphalt" (spelling errors corrected), now I don't know about you but there is no asphalt inside of most places I go, so one could assume that said person is walking down the middle of the street. Yes, this post seems like it is coming from an 18 year old, but then again there are plenty of adults that do not have a grasp on proper grammar or spelling out there as well, some post quite frequently on this forum.

As to the fetish bit, I am well aware of that aspect of life as well and even most GGs that go to those events do not wear heels THAT thin and pointy. Regardless of this factor however, I am entitled to my opinion on this topic, just as you are.

debbeelee1
03-26-2008, 10:15 AM
Wow, love the look of the skinny heels, gotta get a pair. They would be all "show" and no "go" for me!:battingeyelashes:

Julie York
03-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Regardless of this factor however, I am entitled to my opinion on this topic, just as you are.

Quite right. :thumbsup:

jaina
03-26-2008, 05:24 PM
do u thinl my heels r to thin everywhere i walk i have trouble i have sank in asphault before

If you can't walk in them, don't wear them.