PDA

View Full Version : Garage Sales Enfemme

Amy Hepker
03-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if anyone goes to Garage Sales dressed enfemme. I have heard many of us have gone to Retail Stores dressed, but I am wondering how many actually go to Garage Sales dressed???

sherry44d
03-24-2008, 07:40 PM
I think Jeff Foxworth said it best "If you buy lingerie at a GARAGE SALE you might be a redneck. Here where i live there is 2 places that all garage sellers attend and many come dressed in bra slacks but no loud make up or high heels to draw attention .Have seen more sister there than you would imagine. If you feel comfortable Go For It. better to try than not heck I'll go with you Huggs sherry

Amy Hepker
03-25-2008, 04:48 AM
I think I will try to go to some this summer. Of course I will wear my girl jeans and a nice summer top, maybe a white tank top with my sandals.

Dalece
03-25-2008, 05:09 AM
Haven't gone to Garage sales yet, But have gone to the mall Several times. Not a bad idea.

Vicky_Scot
03-25-2008, 06:33 AM
I suppose shopping for a garage enfemme could be fun.

Depends what the size of garage you are looking for and how much stuff you can keep in it.

Make sure you leave enough space for your car amongst the rest of the stuff.

A female prospective might be better.

Xx Vicky xX

Amy Hepker
03-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Vicky, Vicky, Vicky, what are we going to do with you???

rachel_rachel
03-26-2008, 12:37 AM
I'd actually be too scared to do it, I mean walking onto some stranger's property dressed and they might take offence you'd wanna know how to run in your stillettos and fast!!

DawnL
03-26-2008, 01:58 AM
I was watching a show about the longest garage sale in America, which passes through TN not too far from here, and wondered what it would be like to take some time and do the whole thing enfemme? May try next year.

DanaR
03-26-2008, 02:09 AM
Going to a garage sale dressed, might be setting yourself up for a downer. It doesn't matter how nice we are, some people might have a problem with us and you'll be in their space.

I might consider checking out a couple of garage sales and maybe try to get to know the sellers. Then go back dressed later.

Going to a mall is so much safer. Most sales people are after your money and some even like us.

victoriamwilliams1
03-26-2008, 02:40 AM
Going to a garage sale dressed, might be setting yourself up for a downer. It doesn't matter how nice we are, some people might have a problem with us and you'll be in their space.

I might consider checking out a couple of garage sales and maybe try to get to know the sellers. Then go back dressed later.

Going to a mall is so much safer. Most sales people are after your money and some even like us.

I was thinking the same thing, plus it may be easier to have the police get involved too because of private property. I thought about it one time for about .0000000000001 of a second.

jjjjohanne
03-29-2008, 03:51 PM
I've never gone enfemme. However, I did inquire about the sizing of a skirt at a yard sale. The women were a little stunned at my confession that it was for me. Then they picked up like it was nothing. They even offered to let me try it on. I declined. I was rather sure it wouldn't fit...

Billie Jean
04-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Never dressed myself, but last summer I was at a yard sale where there was a xdresser who was having the sale. He was wearing pink shorts and flip flops and had on a tube top. He also was wearing toe rings and makeup. Not very passable but at least he had the guts to dress the way he likes and not care wht anyone thought. Billie Jean

tommi
04-01-2008, 02:28 PM
A close friend that I'm not out too was having a garage sale she was a little freaked out about one guy that was looking thru her clothes.
He made her an offer that he would take what ever was leftover at the end of the day. She took him up on his offer and said when he came back he was dressed. She looked at the money he paid and thought whatever.

JoAnnDallas
04-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Wife and I love Estate Sales. Last year there was one right across the street from us. We walked in and it was like walking into someones home except everything had a price tag. We did get some great deals. I got a Palm Pilot for $25.00 and a 5 megapixel digital camera for $10. The first time we went to a Estate Sale, wife said it felt werid looking thru someones closet and/or checking out their bedrooms and such.

slamddoger
04-01-2008, 06:33 PM
i think bad idail to go to grage sale could cost so probble

Jilmac
04-01-2008, 07:13 PM
I think Jeff Foxworth said it best "If you buy lingerie at a GARAGE SALE you might be a redneck. Here where i live there is 2 places that all garage sellers attend and many come dressed in bra slacks but no loud make up or high heels to draw attention .Have seen more sister there than you would imagine. If you feel comfortable Go For It. better to try than not heck I'll go with you Huggs sherry

Sherry, tel me where you live and if it's close by I'll go with you. Seriously though, I have been to many garage sales where I have found some terrific bargains on women's clothes. (NO lingerie though so I guess that saves me from being a redneck) Although I have never gone en femme, it is something I am willing to give a try. There is a regional flea market in my area that is open every weekend of the year that sells everything from soup to nuts. I have seen shoppers dressed enfemme searching the racks of women's clothes for bargain items or that special vintage peice. In spring when the flea market moves back outdoors it will be fun to walk the aisles en femme just to see the looks I get from the other shoppers. Luv and :hugs: Jill

Amy Hepker
04-01-2008, 07:20 PM
There are a lot of flea markets down here every weekend, maybe I'll try one of them.

Jilmac
04-01-2008, 07:37 PM
I suppose shopping for a garage enfemme could be fun.

Depends what the size of garage you are looking for and how much stuff you can keep in it.

Make sure you leave enough space for your car amongst the rest of the stuff.

A female prospective might be better.

Xx Vicky xX

That's a good one Vicky. It reminds me of a comedy sketch I have on cd by a group from Upper Michigan called Da Yoopers. The sketch is about a guy who calls a local radio station asking about "the garage for sale" saying he wants to use it for an ice fishing shanty. It's the kind of humor the people living in the upper Midwest can relate to. I doubt that anyone from other states or The UK would even know what a yooper is. Luv and :hugs: Jill

gennee
04-01-2008, 08:02 PM
I haven't yet but you've given me an idea.

Gennee

:)

joann07
04-02-2008, 07:56 AM
I haven't gone to a garage sale either, but I have shopped at a Flea Market.