PDA

View Full Version : A chat about Crossdressing with CPS

Carroll
03-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Yesterday I call 911 for my wife. I thought she had done a suicide attempt when she told me she took too many pills. She actually took two too many just to calm her down, not an attempt. My 911 call came out as an possible OD over the scanner so the sheriff was called. As The EMTs took her to be checked out, one sheriff was talking to our friend. He told her she should call CPS (Child Protective Services) and turn us in for neglect. She is told if she does it it will be a lot better than if her does it. She refuses and heads off to work. He then comes into my house and hints that because my house is messy, we must be neglecting our children and he is calling CPS. I admit that we have a lot of clutter both inside and outside. Anyways, at about 5pm, a CPS worker comes to my house. I agree that the house is a mess and we'll get it cleaned up. I ask what her and the agency's view of Cross dressing is. She said "we don't care what you wear, we care about how you care for your children". She asked if the kids knew and I told her that we tell the kids its a private family thing, but not a secret, and that we are raising them to be a bit more open-minded about life. She agreed and said it was great they were so well cared for.

BTW, my wife is better and was home last night. We have since been cleaning the house, inside and out

Michelle-NC
03-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Carroll...Glad you wife is feeling better....

Trust me, I understand about the house. Having two kids, both me and my wife working, and we come home at times and just don't see how some families have that house that doesn't look like it is lived in. Our house gets cluttered at times...but our kids are taken care of.

Glad the CPS people understood that also, and didn't give you too much grief...or at least it sounds like they didn't..

JoAnnDallas
03-26-2008, 03:01 PM
You have not seen our house. We have no kids living with us. Ours is all grown. Just three cats and they strew all their toys all over the house and drop hair everywhere. we are constantly picking up their toyes only to have them strew them all over the house again. No sooner than we get all the hair cleaned up when it looks like we have not even touch it. Do you think CPS may take my cats away from us because our house is messy with cat toyes and cat hair? After all they are our children.

Carroll
03-26-2008, 06:37 PM
It just got a bit more interesting. I decided that I am not going to do the mad dash when someone knocks at the door. Well, tonight the same CPS worker showed up. I was dressed, but no make-up. I decided I am not doing the dash and she came in. No comments or stares. She did say this is the first time she has gone to someone's house on a call and had a cross dresser to talk to. She was very professional about it.

Samantha B L
03-26-2008, 07:03 PM
You should have seen our place when I was growing up. I had 3 brothers and 1 sister. When I was 6 years old everynight right before bathtime and bedtime there was every toy we owned,along with ALL of the picture books and encyclopedias,and every ballpoint pen and crayon,and every peice of notepaper and typing paper was scattered throughout the entire house. The furniture was shoved all out of place and half the chairs were knocked over. We would somehow get it all put back in it's place. But sometimes Mom would just give up on it and leave it like it was for 2 or 3 days before picking everything up and putting it back. So anyone can have a house that is in disarray once in awhile. I think that's OK as long as you can prove that the particular disorderly mess in question wasn't unsanitary or a health problem. Like an overflowed toilet that hadn't been cleaned up or repaired or dirty dishes 3 months old or fast food garbage from last year. Another problem is biohazards like improperly stored chemical stuff and lawnmower gasoline,etc. Otherwise,a bit of disarray and disorderlyness is none of their business.

Angie G
03-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Well I glad everything came out OK And your ffe is OK. :hugs:
Angie

gennee
03-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Glad all is well, Carroll.

Gennee

:hugs:

teresa jeen
03-26-2008, 09:55 PM
my house may be cluttered but is not dirty. i moved from a 5 bdrm. house to a 3 bdrm trailer then gained a grand-daughter with her acruments.We had to go along with drug tests,and home "viewings" for lack of a better wording. its been 7and 1/2 yrs now. she helped maw maw pick out a night gown(night shirt ) for me today. we've always let it be seen that paw paw wears a nightshirt, not matter the feminity of the garment. i try and not let the lacy thing happen. tho i would love too!!!

april lynn
03-26-2008, 10:24 PM
I am happy every thang worked out for you and your wife

Megan72
03-27-2008, 03:12 AM
Carrol, I work for Human Services and I am a crossdresser. Social Workers have much more pressing things to deal with than a "pit house" as they are called ie: dirty house. And as long as the crossdressing does not interfere with the safety and wellbeing of children then DHS could really care less. Glad things are working out there. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with re: DHS.

celeste26
03-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Well my experience with CPS was not so sweet. Someone anonymously accused us of abuse. (In So Cal around 1988 by the way)and they went through the house with a fine tooth comb came out several times. It seems like anonymous accusations hold a lot of weight with CPS. My wife is a messy person and that it turned out was a very important issue with them. It took a long time to convince them that everything was OK. Much cleaning...