PDA

View Full Version : Sexual Orientation

Miss Tessa
03-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Just out of curiousity...

It should not matter at all what anyone's sexual orientation is but I am asking anyway.

Keep in mind if you are TS heterosexual means you like the "opposite" sex of your genetic sex.

So a Tgirl who's straight likes guys. But you all probably know that!

I've always liked girls and still do after my transition into embracing my gender identity and living as a young woman.
So I am a lesbian.I like GG's and TS's.:love: Personally, men disgust me because I feel the vast majority are insensitive and lack the ability to feel like us girls do. I actually have had no male friends at all for years now and only are friends with other girls including TS and GG's.

So..Tell me the T of who you are attracted to.

Even though I am not bisexual, I believe most bisexual people are somewhat enlightened or awakened because they love blindly.

Cai
03-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Personally, men disgust me because I feel the vast majority are insensitive and lack the ability to feel like us girls do. I actually have had no male friends at all for years now and only are friends with other girls including TS and GG's.

If you don't have any male friends, then how do you know what men are like?

To answer your question, I identify (depending on my mood, who I'm with, and other random factors) as queer, gay, or masculine-pansexual. I am generally attracted to men or masculine-identified people.

Miss Tessa
03-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Well duh!

I have had BOTH male and female friends MOST my life.

Don't be fierce to me like that gurl. You got some nerve to give me all that fever.

I know what men are like because I am around them most the day like EVERYONE else in the world. I have had male friends before. And they are nothing compared to the deep emotional connection I have with my female friends.

That is why I only have made friends with females for the last 3 years or so.

So don't be fierce asking a dumb black and white question like that gurl, everyone is AROUND all genders on a daily basis

Tristan
03-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Hey, man, that was a pretty rude reply to Cai to give. He was fairly polite to you, but I guess some men just have to be rude. But hey I don't know why you should get all excited, fella, I mean it's just words right?

Miss Tessa
03-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Don't call me a man. I'm a Transsexual female not a CD of TV.

Now that is rude of you. Ultimately rude.I don't feel like banging on these forums girl so check it out.... Let's not argue or be offensive.

Cai
03-26-2008, 06:28 PM

Now that is rude of you. Ultimately rude.I don't feel like banging on these forums girl so check it out.... Let's not argue or be offensive.

Wait wait wait...TRISTAN was being offensive? You're the one who posted a blanket statement about men that the "vast majority are insensitive and lack the ability to feel like us girls do."

1) There are men here.
2) That's not an acceptable comment.
3) I was completely civil to you, and you turned around and attacked me.
4) Tristan is just giving you a taste of your own medicine. Not very nice, is it?

aethen
03-26-2008, 06:30 PM
It seems to me that there's a big difference between being around men, and being in any kind of relationship (friendship or more) that would entail a deep connection. That being said, men are conditioned for most of their lives to avoid talking about anything that's not superficial, so you can't be surprised if they're not diving immediately into meaningful conversations.

I'm confused about something you said, though..."Keep in mind if you are TS heterosexual means you like the "opposite" sex of your genetic sex."

So a mtf who loves women is heterosexual, since female is the opposite of their genetic sex? That doesn't seem right to me at all.

As for bisexuals being enlightened or awakened, I'd have to disagree. Sexual orientation is a biological construct. A person's brain is wired to be attracted to one or both sexes. I don't think it has anything to do with being enlightened or not, it's simply a matter of how the neurons developed.

Also, you probably shouldn't get offended if someone calls you "man" after you call Cai "gurl".

Mark

Adam
03-26-2008, 06:31 PM
I think maybe there was a mistake made on your part Miss Tessa because Cai (hi24home) is ftm a transman and ID as male much the same as you would not want to be called boy he would not want to be called gurl i no when your new to a site or not noticed people its easy to make mistakes.

But also i should think you understand how upsetting your reply is now you no the information you did not no at time of posting

Cai
03-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Don't forget calling Tristan a girl, too, Aethen.

Flameboy
03-26-2008, 06:33 PM
Calling both Cai and Tristan "girls" or "gurls" was extremely offensive - they are both guys! Tristan was merely making a point by turning the tables - and yet, in your reply stating how offensive you found being called a "man", you still chose to call him a "girl".

If I didn't find your posts to be so rude, I'd be chuckling over the irony of it.

Dave
(Not a girl)

SirTrey
03-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Yeah, that's why you understand other transsexuals, right?

Miss Tessa
03-26-2008, 06:44 PM
I appologize for mistaking your genders, sincerely.

But to clear that up if I wasn't clear, a MTF who likes men is straight. A MTF who likes women is lesbian and the same logic goes to FTM's if they like men they are gay if they like women they are straight.

So sorry about my mistake in your genders or calling you out like that or if I wasn't clear. Now I think everyone's on the same page.

But yes, no matter what anyone says, society conditions men to be "strong" or less sensetive or emotional, or if you want to be positive and look at it optimistically, they are "more rational" than women because we are more fragile emotionally and sensetive. We also have a mothering instinct.

Miss Tessa
03-26-2008, 06:47 PM
And he's right, there's a huge difference between being around men and being their friend or more.

I ride the bus with men everyday, I am around them in public. I have a father I see sometimes. but I have no male friends.And for the reasons I stated.Being friends or more does entail a deeper connection with them when you are envolved on that level rather then sitting next to one on the city bus.

Cai
03-26-2008, 06:48 PM
I appologize for mistaking your genders, sincerely.

But to clear that up if I wasn't clear, a MTF who likes men is straight. A MTF who likes women is lesbian and the same logic goes to FTM's if they like men they are gay if they like women they are straight.

So sorry about my mistake in your genders or calling you out like that or if I wasn't clear. Now I think everyone's on the same page.
I did say in my original post that I'm gay and like men, didn't I? cause by your definition (and mine), I have to be male-ID'ed for that to work...oh well. I can let it go.

But yes, no matter what anyone says, society conditions men to be "strong" or less sensetive or emotional, or if you want to be positive and look at it optimistically, they are "more rational" than women because we are more fragile emotionally and sensetive. We also have a mothering instinct.

Absolute, society conditions men to be less outwardly emotional. That doesn't mean men don't have the same capacity to feel emotion that women do - they often just choose not to show it.

Miss Tessa
03-26-2008, 07:05 PM
True. I believe they do have the same capacity. But they are trained to ignore it feelings more. Just like the police have to act like robots in many situations that may involve children or something that should make any conscious person feel empathy.They have to be that way to get the job done.

This is probably because throughout history men have primarily been the bread-winners of their families and worked and hunted and had to be tough to "get the job done" and also to enforce and rule their governments and all that sort of thang.

Lanore
03-26-2008, 07:45 PM
Here is an easy one to answer. I am attracted to women, always have and always will. There's just something about women. So, I would be classified as a lesbian.

Lanore

Valeria
03-26-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm as feminist as anyone, but I don't believe in misandry (the hatred of men). Stereotypes of men are just as flawed and misleading as stereotypes of trans females, or gays, or women, or anyone else.

The reality is that there is tremendous overlap between men and women in all but a few psychological characteristics - so while you can often say "men are more likely to do X", what that generally means (for instance) is that 55% of men will do X compared to 45% of women. Actually, that would be a pretty large difference - most gender differences are smaller than that.

Men are statistically more likely to be assertive, aggressive, commanding, decisive, etc., whereas women are more likely to be nurturing, caring, supportive, compassionate, etc. But you will certainly find many women who are strong in leadership traits and many men who are good at being supportive and caring. You will also find some women who are poor at being supportive and compassionate, and some men who are not very assertive or decisive. About a third of all men and women are balanced fairly equally between these types of skills.

Just FWIW...

Also, bisexual people don't love more purely - they just happen to find both sexes sexually appealing. Which is convenient for them, but no more worthy of praise than being heterosexual, IMO. FWIW, a lot of bisexuals I've known in real life have still had a preference between the two sexes.

I'm lesbian because I'm attracted to female bodies and female traits. I don't have anything against men, they just don't turn me on as much. I'm not the least bit interested in ripped muscles or body hair, and I'm not all that interested in his "equipment" either.

Tgirl74
03-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Tessa I think you make some great points but shutting yourself off from having male friends is keeping you from the possibility of having some wonderful experiences and relationships.You seem to maybe be judging men as a whole but not all men are how you described.

I know what its like to shy away from men.Being a trans person my self the more I let people in the more I realize people still like me and its never as bad as i worried it would be.Give people a chance sis it might just blossom into a beautiful thing.

Sexuality I believe can't be so simply described.I'm Totally Bi and have loved and been loved by both men and women.I have had 2 long term relationships with men both lasting over 3 years. In one relationship we lived together for 2 years and the other 3 years.I now live with my girlfriend a GG.We've been together for 3 years and lived together for 2 years and 4 months .

As for Orgasms People get off on many things not just men and women!

much love,
Jacinda

CaptLex
03-26-2008, 10:34 PM
I think the original point of this thread is a valid question - it's interesing to find out who people are attracted to. But when I read comments like these . . .

Personally, men disgust me because I feel the vast majority are insensitive and lack the ability to feel like us girls do.

. . . it makes me turn off to the thread entirely 'cause the question seems to be directed at a certain segment of the members only, and I also feel that the poster has already made up his/her mind about me. What's the use answering something by someone who has already decided to alienate me? :strugglin

Sejd
03-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Hi Tessa
I don't know what I am anymore, but I know that I am me, and that's enough. I'm a man who feels like a woman and feels comfortably in female role. As to who I am atracted to? to me, it does not matter. I think anyway, that attraction is a soul thing, something beyond gender - really. It's not about tit's or fallos or anything gender, it is for me on another level completely. Go figure? I'm done with putting other people and myself into boxes of any kind. Let's just breake the gender barrier for once and always.
hugs
Sejd

Miss Tessa
03-27-2008, 05:57 AM
Plain Jane, that is exactly what I said, so we agree. The gender you identify as and the genetic gender are two different things. Genetically I am XY, but I identify as a female. I like females both gg and ts. so that makes me lesbian.

deja true
03-27-2008, 06:22 AM
Sorry, Miss Tessa, but you're insistence on labelling, to your standards, every person you meet as to sexual orientation, just ain't gonna work out in the long run...

Many of us just don't give an squat about being labelled at all. It is the least important aspect of our personalities and mindsets.

This issue gets raised here all the time, but usually not in such a confrontational and aggresive style.

Back off a little on the attitude displayed in your first salvo of posts. Nobody here is your enemy. We'd like to be your friend, if you'd give us a chance.

Read widely through the threads, especially the archived stuff that touches on your issue, before you try getting all "down with men" on us, huh?

A bad attitude will just get you ignored, then who you gonna talk to?

deja

mollytyler
03-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Love men and consider myself a "straight" TS....but occasionally there is something special about time with a sensous woman.....just a little exploring on that side......99% dates are men.......nothing long term as the 99% of that crowd not aware of my TS issues.....even though in liberal LA there is still a need to be cautious as to who knows....love to all

Miss Tessa
03-29-2008, 02:33 AM
I am so against labeling, you have me all wrong. I'm the one that wants all people of the world to realize that both gender and sexual orientation are on continuums, like an imaginary line. It's not black or white, gay or straight, male or female in the true reality.That's universal truth. Eastern Mystics know that and the western world largely wants to label thangs.

I don't know if I wanna come to this forum anymore. Alot of people misinterpret what I say. Maybe there's a better one like genderlife or something. That's what my tranny momma told me to use as a forum.

Stephanie Anne
03-29-2008, 03:09 AM
This whole orientation "game" gets brought up so often on these forums. They range from (and I am paraphrasing for effect here), "thank god I'm not gay because I am a straight, woman-loving man in a dress" to "I am a lesbian because I like women and want to be one". In truth you are a person attracted to another person and nothing more. It is other's inability to accept your sexuality that creates childish labels.

My view is stop being a, b, c or z. If you like men, women or both then you do. Great. If you want to proclaim it, do so at the top of your lungs but don't hide behind it like a badge of honor.

My core view is that so long as what someone does is not harmful to themselves, others, or those too young to formulate proper opinions then in my opinion it is healthy and natural.

as for me, my attraction to women is not what it was. I see more an association than a physical or sexual attraction. I find men sexually attractive and if I felt like having a relationship with a man then I would. Same with a woman. My orientation is what I feel at the time and nothing more or less.

that being said, Lex... your icon of Eddie Izzarrd makes me want to do such nasty things to him :devil: You are pure evil for the temptation!

CaptLex
03-29-2008, 11:49 AM
that being said, Lex... your icon of Eddie Izzarrd makes me want to do such nasty things to him :devil: You are pure evil for the temptation!
Haha, get in line, sister. He's all MINE! :tongueout

Janet Nicola
05-06-2008, 05:46 AM
Effects all of us differently I suppose!

I enjoy loving relationships with other girls, but I also enjoy penetrative sex. Unfortunately some men are better at that than toys, so puting up with insensitive behaviour is part of the price (shame really).:daydreaming:

John
05-06-2008, 07:04 AM
Hay, we're not all insensitive, you know

Janet Nicola
05-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Boy this has produced some under-current!

I think lables get used in the so called straight world to identify variants from their version of the norm. When your newer to this the pigeon hole people or yourself put you in is just part of finding your own definition. Have we not all been through that and with time and experience , rejected it?

Names and pigeon holes are an obsession of the establishment, no one else cares really.

It's good that Miss Tessa knows what she likes now (label or not). I like guys for sex and women for loving relationships. What does that make me??

Happy.

Janet Nicola x

CaptLex
05-06-2008, 06:31 PM
I like guys for sex and women for loving relationships. What does that make me??

Happy.

Janet Nicola x
That's fine, Janet, but John's right. You don't HAVE to involve yourself with the insensitive ones - we're not all alike. :p

AmandaM
05-18-2008, 03:21 PM
I love the feminine. But, there are times, when I am dressed to the nines, that a couple of men have interested me. I don't consider myself bi. I consider myself to be in touch with my female sexuality when dressed. But, I'm 99% oriented to women since this only happened about two times in my entire life. And I "have to" be a woman. I tried it once, man with man, but I didn't like it.