PDA

View Full Version : Is your best friend a GG

cd4l
03-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Well as questions asks is your best friend a GG and if so how "girly" is she with you ?

teresa jeen
03-26-2008, 08:51 PM
yes she is. i call her my wife(most times).shes very special to me and my life. she understands just as i do that not all things seen are as they appear. today,for example she bought me a new nightgown. she said she thought of me when she saw it. that my friend is a good friend.

Nicki B
03-26-2008, 09:39 PM
My partner has always been my best friend - and she has always been all woman (even when I was teaching her to throw hand grenades!!).

But I have other very close friends, who are trans - the closest really only wants to talk about her transition and how she deals with her family, atm. :sad:

A friend once told me 'trans people tend to make very strong friendships'?

I do have other good female friends - I think perhaps you go through a phase where you need that validation of yourself, by going out with a genetic woman? Maybe it's part of the 'teenager' stage we go through? :strugglin

darla_g
03-26-2008, 09:44 PM
All my friends of my female persona are all online. They are big mix of other CDs like myself, some TS transitioning and also a number of GG. Everyone is fun in their own way and i like interacting with them. It would be interesting to meet in person if the opportunity presented itself.

deja true
03-26-2008, 09:49 PM
My best friend is a GG, she's also something of an informal girlfriend. You know, not committed, but "good friends". And her two 20 something daughters are good friends, too. But I've never told them about my dressing. I know they think I'm not as masculine as the other men they know, but we get along like family. They tell me about their affairs and other personal issues and ask my opinions.

If I could tell them , I'm pretty sure they'd accept me, but there's no pressure to do so, so I don't. Our realtionship is fine the way it is. For now...

I have many men friends, but my best friend has always been a woman.

New very good friends I have met here,too, and when the opportunity comes to meet in person, I know that these wonderful people will be best friends, too.

teresa jeen
03-26-2008, 10:14 PM
we all have men friends and women friends, i find all of them interesting, some are jack-askers, and some are winches, we all share a common theme. be your self, be true to you, and dont hurt another doing the same.

SweetCaroline
03-26-2008, 11:45 PM
I have two GG best friends, including my current GF, and several who are TG. I have several really close friends, so to choose just one as my BEST friend is tough for me.

But yeah, to answer your question, I have a very close friend or two who is GG and not only accepts me fully as trans, but acts "girly" with me and my TG friends.

LACD
03-27-2008, 05:01 AM
My best friend is a GG and she happens to be my wife. On the occasiona that I do get to fully dress(wig, forms, lingere, makeup, etc.) she is still very girly-girly. She has come to be very accepting of my CD'ing over the years and helps me shop for clothes both in stores and on line. I value her opinion, but we still have a little different style. She helps me from being too frumpy and overly dressy. We have yet to go out with me dressed, but it is an item on my Bucket List. I think she is the same when I am dressed or in drab.

Anna the Dub
03-27-2008, 06:21 AM
Yes, my best friend is a GG. She was the first person I came out to, and has always been 100% supportive. I am closer to her than I am to any of my family. And she is always girly with me, whether I am in drab or not.

mollytyler
03-27-2008, 08:53 AM
Best friend is one of the cutest, supporting and smart GGs in my life--my sister, who gave be the biggest push years ago.....Mom has come around as a strong second place.....

EnglishRose
03-27-2008, 09:07 AM
Mine is my wife, but before we met, my best friend was a gay GG. She was the only person besides my wife that I've ever come out to. We kept meaning to go shopping for some clothes for me, but I never got enough courage to do that. The same still applies today :o

JoAnnDallas
03-27-2008, 09:52 AM
I have a wife and a girlfriend, so let me explain. I have a grand-neice that just adores me. She has ADD and I was the only one that she really related to when she was growing up. She is now grown, a lot better, and when she comes to Dallas will always look me up. Reason she is my GF is, she LOVES to shop. She will call the house to say HI and see if I can go shopping with her. I will get home from work and wife will smile and tell me that my GF called and wants to go shopping. This is a all day affair. We hit all the clothing, shoe, and lingerie stores. It is one of the few times I get to use my VS Angel Card, as I always buy her something in VS.

joann07
03-27-2008, 10:12 AM
I have a GG who's a good friend who I've known for almost 20 years dating back to my college days.
I guess I can consider her a best friend or more of like a sister.

Ever since I told her, about a year and half ago, she has been very supportive. In addition, she has been my personal advisor on fashion and cosmetics. We can talk about anything, but we do talk a lot about shopping.
She has a great sense of fashion and style and so she was one of the main reasons why I told her about my crossdressing.
I know I wouldn't look like I am today if it weren't for her expert advice.

I have developed my own sense of fashion that now whenever I show her some new outfit or dress she says they look really great and that I don't need her advice anymore.
To get that kind of compliment from a lovely and beautiful woman like her is such a confidence booster. :)

She says that she would love to go shopping lot more with me, but with her having kids (3yrs, 5yrs, 7yrs) it's tough to get out since her husband, and also a good friend, works long days. Hopefully, when the youngest child is finally in school, she'll be able to be free a little more often.

I can't wait. :GD:

Badwolf
03-27-2008, 10:29 AM
I have had good friends all across the spectrum. I've normally related better to some GG's but inbetween I've had some very close male friends w/ traditional male bonding in there. Now I'm in the middle of forming a best-friend relationship with someone who has outed themselves as a gay male since the last time we were really close. This is a new one for me though. I just have a little fear that certain gay guys will pressure me to try a gay relationship if they found out about this and as such I dont tend to open myself up to a close friendship with them. I know its a blanket assumption and I dont take it out on random gay men buttttt it is something I see in myself that limits me.

Ana5551
03-27-2008, 10:33 AM
As I look back on my life most of my really close friends have been GG's. Even now the one person I trust and share everything with is my wife and best friend. Without her I would not be as happy and complete as I am now.

Dawn D.
03-27-2008, 10:47 AM
My Wife has always been and always will be my best friend. My second best friend is also a GG. As more time passes, it seems that I am getting back to the ways of my youth. That is, as a youth I always gravitated towards anyone female in looking for friendship. So much easier to relate to.

Dawn

Vicky_Scot
03-27-2008, 11:01 AM
My wife is my best friend and my other best friend is also a GG.

Xx Vicky xX

Jennifer Marie P.
03-27-2008, 11:56 AM
One of my best friends is a GG and she is so supportive that she helped me with my dressing and taught me how to put on makeup and we always have a girls night out

Daintre
03-27-2008, 12:14 PM
My best friend is a GG, this person has accepted me and introduced me to her mom and dad who are very accepting as well. My friend has bought me some very feminine things, a watch, perfume, shoes. The coolest thing was when she convinced me to go with her and her girlfriend to a CD bar....I was so in the closet at the time. This friend has been very instrumental to Jenni's growth.

Vivian Best
03-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Hands down, my wife is my best friend! She isn't supportive of my CDing, in fact she just barely tolerates it. But, still she IS my best friend.

KandisTX
03-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Most definitely yes. I call her my wife and she is my best friend, while she is not really a "girly-girl", she does know how to dress like one when need be ;) She has been often times my rock when I needed one and has also been the smack upside the head when I need that as well. I Love her more than anything and wouldn't want her any other way.

Kandis:love::rose2:

Michelle-NC
03-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Could not have said it any better Kandis...my wife is my best friend...my soulmate..and the love of my life...

Alicia_lynn419
03-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Most of my close friends are GGS. My closest GG friend i have known for 30 years, and she was the first one I came out to. I love them all, they all treat me like a person.

Sasha Anne Meadows
03-27-2008, 05:01 PM
My best friend is my wife. We will celebrate out 40th anniversary in June.

Eugenie
03-27-2008, 05:28 PM
is your best friend a GG and if so how "girly" is she with you ?

Indeed my best friend is a GG. We are just friends but our relationship is very strong. I'll call her C* to preserve anonimity.

C* is also a friend of my wife. My wife knows that I have developped a deep level of friendship with her. She knows that I came out to her and that we spend time as to women.

C* and I spend a lot of time together, whether I am "en femme" or not. I just have so much pleasure just being with her. And again, it is purely friendship.

:hugs:
Eugenie

Raquelle C
03-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Hmm, alot of interesting responses. Although, for me I have not had a really close GG friend other than my wife. My closest friends are mostly guys that don't have a clue of this side of me, and most likely never will. I suppose if I were single I would have more gg friends and ones that I could call 'closest' friends. I haven't made any close relationships with other gg's other than mutual friends of ours. Does this make sense?

Samantha B L
03-27-2008, 07:22 PM
I had the same close and dear GG freind for years. She was kind of a popular bad girl at my junior high back in 1969 and I talked to her once in awhile but I was a little bit intimidated of her. I got to be best freinds with her years later and we probably would've lived together but we didn't have enough money between us to find a decent small house or apartment. We shared eachother's clothes and we had a lot of great times together. I would go stay at her apartment for days and stay dressed. She got a kick out of introducing Samantha to people who didn't know about me.

She died after a long illness 3 years ago. She had come into some money and she was getting a new house. She was going to let me have my own guest bedroom with floor to ceiling mirrors and a makeup vanity. One of the last things she did for me was to buy me a computer. I had been talking for months to her about how there was all kinds of CD stuff on the internet. And She surprised me with that computer!

Angie G
03-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Yes and my best GG friend is my wife. :hugs:
Angie

Babette
03-27-2008, 08:14 PM
My best friend has always been my wife. We have been together for 35 years of the best, the most trying, the most enriching, and the most sorrowful times. Her compassion gives me strength. My passion is her comfort and security. Nobody could ever be as "girly" with me as her.:battingeyelashes:

Babette

LACD
03-27-2008, 08:18 PM
I should add that my relationship with my wife is much like Kandis and her wife. My dear wife loves to work in the yard and such. I will clean house whenever I can so she can have more time for her flowers and I can dress and have a good time cleaning house. She keeps me in perspective and tells me when I need to tighten up.

Kathleen Ann Trees
03-27-2008, 09:34 PM
My best friend is a GG. So I married her. But she married a good looking, clean, loving, handy, supportive, man. She likes to keep it that way.

(I was one of those hoping to change when I got married and could have sex anytime I wanted. Oh, the things we fall for....)

Kathleen Ann

Rachel Morley
03-27-2008, 10:49 PM
My best friend (ever in my life) is a GG and she is my wife Marla. How "girly" is she with me? Do you mean does she treat me like a girl? ... absolutely she does. When we first got married she said to me (and I'm being totally honest and serious here) she said "I like a feminine partner, I'm going to treat you like a girl, and I expect you to act like one ..ok?" :daydreaming: :)

bridget thronton
03-28-2008, 09:56 AM
My best friend is my wife, she is all right with my dressing and being out with her when we are away from our hometown. Her only concern is that someone other than me might tell the kids I was seen dressed.

ChristineRenee
03-28-2008, 10:42 AM
My wife Penny is my best friend and the love of my life. I have two GG friends in this community whom I consider to be my dearest friends...but my wife is my BEST friend.

Eugenie
03-28-2008, 07:03 PM
It must be a semantic problem, but I don't understand why so many answers here were "My best GG friend is my wife."

My wife is far more than a friend in many respects and in some other respects much less than a friend. There are things that happen between husband and wife that cannot happen between friends... But conversely, there are things that happen between two friends that cannot happen between husband and wife.

When I said that my best GG friend is not my wife, it is that we have a relationship that wouldn't be possible with my wife.

I think that Love ( with capital L) modifies the possibilities of a friendly relation, it makes things more powerful and profound and also more complex.

Just as an example, there are jokes that I tell without any problems to my GG friend and that I wouldn't tell to my wife.

:hugs:
Eugenie

sarah_burst
03-28-2008, 11:17 PM
my best friend bubbles is....she was the first person I actually told about my CDing....and was completely supportive of how I was....most awesome feeling ever.

SANDRA MICHELLE
03-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Yes she is and she is my wife as well. She loves me for who I am and is the best person in the world, just my opinion.