PDA

View Full Version : Being read on purpose

Kay Sterling
03-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Had an experience tonight where a neighbors teenage daughter saw me outside dressed. I do go outside dressed quite a lot and wonder if I want to be read. Is this part of the excitement? Since I'm retired I pretty much stay dressed all the time and going outside is just part of my day. I had another neighbor see me last week and I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only one who has these feelings of daring to be seen?

Nicki B
03-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Are you trying to be 'read' - or are you just not willing to hide, anymore?

Is it perhaps just 'this is who I really am?' :strugglin

deja true
03-26-2008, 10:03 PM
I think Nicky's got it right.

If you go outside when people you know will be there and see you, you are not trying to pass, are you?

You're showing your neighbors who really lives in that house, who you really are.

No bad reactions I take it?

Maybe you don't even realize it fully yet, but you're being honest with yourself...

And that's a good thing. Congratulations, dear one.

deja

Sasha Anne Meadows
03-27-2008, 05:04 PM
I am retired too and I sure am tempted to be read sometime.

Badwolf
03-27-2008, 05:13 PM
haha no I play with it at odd hours as well and regularly go dresed in some somewhat neutral clothing often.

Eugenie
03-27-2008, 05:19 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only one who has these feelings of daring to be seen?
The need t be seen is not the same thing as the need to be read...

Being seen by others is a way to prove to ourselves that we really exist through the eyes of someone else.

That's perhaps one reason some of us like to post pictures here...

But being"read" is a different idea. It can be an affirmation of personality "I don't care if you see that I'm a man dressed as a woman."

While the first attitude seems to be very frequent, I think that the second one isn't that frequent...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Ruth
03-27-2008, 06:08 PM
As Eugenie said, I think we all feel an impulse to be seen by others, simply as a validation that we exist in our femme form. I think this is why I go out en femme.
Dressing only in private is ultimately lacking in something.

Angie G
03-27-2008, 08:09 PM
I live outside of town and go outside for a short time if I need something from the car or to do something if a car go's past I( just look away from the back I can pass. I do think the landlady may have seen me once but she has never let on that se did. if she even know it was me. :hugs:
Angie

Badwolf
03-28-2008, 12:25 AM
As Eugenie said, I think we all feel an impulse to be seen by others, simply as a validation that we exist in our femme form. I think this is why I go out en femme.
Dressing only in private is ultimately lacking in something.

Interesting and in a way I could relate to it. I'm not particularly obsessed with being read as acknowledged.

notquitegirl
03-28-2008, 05:15 AM
I think Nicky's got it right.

If you go outside when people you know will be there and see you, you are not trying to pass, are you?

You're showing your neighbors who really lives in that house, who you really are.

No bad reactions I take it?

Maybe you don't even realize it fully yet, but you're being honest with yourself...

And that's a good thing. Congratulations, dear one.

deja

The times that I'm public, this fully describes me. I don't bother with wigs or makeup. I go out as a guy in a skirt and heels. A few years back I lived in this one apartment complex, and after about six months of living there, started to wear skirts with the blinds open, then on the patio, then for a quick dash out to the car, you get the idea. Anyway, at one point, the maintenance folks saw me, so I figured I was out at that point, and decided to wear my skirt and heels to the office to chat with the office girls for a bit. The girls didn't bat an eye, and the new manager took it all in stride, but spent a lot of time looking at my legs.

I spent a lot of time at that place out in skirts, pantyhose, and heels, talking to my neighbors (including introducing myself to my new next-door neighbor while in a skirt and heels before she signed her lease; she moved in anyway). I even paid a visit to the old office manager at her new place, because the girls told her that I was wearing skirts, and she didn't believe me. I wanted to make sure she saw. We had a great chat about my skirt and pantyhose.