PDA

View Full Version : New member Corset question

Milla
05-01-2005, 08:59 PM
HI ! Im a new member and new to CD. I really want to purchase a corset, but all the corsets made for males are not my cup of tea, just my option. But anyhoo I`m looking developed a Matrix/Goth look, and threes some really sweet corset out there made for females.

How successful are regular corsets (made for women) at fitting men. I have a lean frame so I`m hoping a female corset would fit me. Ive looked quite extensively and just can’t find any male corsets that compare to females .
Those Cyber goth corsets ROCK !

Just a lil burb about me, as I said Im very new to cross-dressing was oppressing for many years. This past weekend went a local trany store and picked up a few items. Like many others here, I`m strait, I have a gal, dont know when I’ll tell her. Perhaps when I get my look right :p In closing gots lots to learn bout makeup, oh definitely. If you ever saw that episode of the Simpsons where Homer fashioned a make up shot gun. ;)

Sigrid
05-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Milla,

Welcome!

I got my waist cincher from Romantasy in San Francisco. They are a TG friendly shop and have several corset designers/makers. One of them will be able to design the style of corset you're looking for. They'll also be able to fit it to a male frame and with the intention of creating a more feminine figure. Go to this site and click on the box "Men's Stays/Transgender".

http://www.romantasy.com/

This topic was also discussed here in the following thread;

http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5291&highlight=corset

~Sigrid

Cassandra Marie
05-01-2005, 10:17 PM
This is a great site for corsets. They make them for every dofferent individual whether they be male, female or TV/TS/CD.

http://www.corsetconnection.com

Cassandra

AmyCarter
05-02-2005, 02:16 PM
If you're searching for a corset you can use daily and even sleep in (ie. a itghtlacing corset) look no further that candsconstructions.com or the american affiliate staylace.com. They have a large male clientele as well. If you're looking for appearance (but not quality) try brute force leather in pennsylvania. I met them a few years ago at a renaissance faire and there's true style.
C & S will run you about $360 for their standard corset and I assure you, you will not be disappointed.
email me if you need more info

Felicity
05-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Well, chances are, you will be unhappy unless you go someplace you can try it on.

First of all, you will likely have to stick with an underbust type corset. There are three reasons that keep a womans corset from fitting a man properly... Hip proportion difference, Waist line placement, and tosro height differences.

Like me, you can probably use a regular corset about 2" larger than you would buy as a woman, then when you cinch it, have the bottom back fully closed with a taper and the top with about 2-3" space. Some Overbust Corsets may work like the Vollers 176, or others with a strait top and made for small breased women to work as an underbust type on a man. You can then likely wear it at a natural waistline point, deeper on your hips.

Then there is the sizes. Most corsets are designed in 2" increments and they cinch to the size listed. Do not by a 32" corset for a 32" waist. A 32" corset is generally worn by someone with a 36" waist for complete comfort, or tighter if you lake or can stand tight! 4" smaller is the general rule of thumb for women, and 6" for men.

Stormy Leather is the exception. They make XS, S, M, L, LX, etc and have a sizing chart for what your waist is without the corset. When my waist was 32" I could wear the Stormy Leather Hourglass Corset cinched nearly all the way and take my waist to a comfortable 24" over the leather. Stormy Leather Small is for a waist 26, and that is what I bought. I also have a Stormy Leather Octavia Corset in "L"... It is made for a 30" waist, and fully closed, goes to 26" I can no longer wear that one either. I need to lose weight! I had a hard time making it work right because of torso height differences.

One more thing. Try it on first. Corsets are really something that needs to be tried on before buying.

I know quite a bit about corsets, any mor questions?

Milla
05-02-2005, 07:14 PM
Hmm threres a really cool store here in town, seriously they kick *ss, but er um going in to put gurly clothes on still frightens me

http://www.northbound.com/Northbound_X.taf?_UserReference=53554D90BED4818442 76C7B9&CMD=Thumbnails&S=W3

x here the placce im talking about , just check out some of these babies

norbie
05-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Hi everybody and especialy Milla,
First off a little warning: don't buy a corset of the rack. It will hurt you and is not wert it. For only a little extra you get a custom made size.
We all agree here to start off it have to be an underbust corset.
where ever you go Romantsky or staylace you HAVE TO BE HONEST!
Tell them you are a male CD and want to pass. Then in your messurements they will this include.(like higher waist and so on).
Also ask very clearly, because some makers like your real waist size and some with the 4" deduction.
A new corset comes with a 4" gap and should be still open when fully laced.I would recomend to ask google for staylace.com, they update every 24 hours, they have a doctor writing, they have a special CD section, go have a look and read all.
I hope this helps a little, but be careful ones you are hooked on corset you won't give it up.
Love to all of you from Norbie :)

Milla
05-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Question why not jump strait to an overbust? Im just soo eager to get into some kicking sexy overbust leather!

Im so confused, some here have baught corsets right off ebay and there not custom mabe . Ive seen what ebay has , saweeet !

but Ive also been instructed to get custom made ..

my head is spinning :confused:

I just started to Cd and opressed since i was a kid, but do not want to take further till i get a rocking corset :p

I really appreciate all the help btw

Sigrid
05-02-2005, 09:44 PM
Hmm threres a really cool store here in town, seriously they kick *ss, but er um going in to put gurly clothes on still frightens me

http://www.northbound.com/Northbound_X.taf?_UserReference=53554D90BED4818442 76C7B9&CMD=Thumbnails&S=W3

Milla,

I just checked their site - they're definitely CD/TG friendly seeing as they're sponsering a fetish party and specifically mention X-dress. You don't necessarily need to go en femme for a fitting at their shop. I didn't when I went to Romantasy. They'll probably ask you to wear only a thin shirt (e.g. t-shirt) during the fitting. Bring a bra and breastforms if you're considering an overbust style.

Do get fitted in any case.

http://www.northbound.com/Northbound_X.taf?_UserReference=53554D90BED4818442 76C7B9f&CMD=Events&P=Upcoming

~Sigrid

Milla
05-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Thanks

Ok heres my other question

If i ordered a custom fit on line how risky do you think ?
if I do go with ordering online I gues Id saply the fallowing info ?

1/ ok so Id have to wear a bra with my brest forms ( got a b cup size 10 b) by the way really I dig my new breast got them last weekend :D
2/ give my hight
3/ my waist size
4/ distance from my hips to breast ?

by the way im really injoying all you galz help :D

Im looking really forward to joining the sisterhood, but untill I get the look right Im just a borther ;)

Sigrid
05-02-2005, 10:13 PM
If i ordered a custom fit on line how risky do you think ?

It could be quite risky if you don't give accurate information to the corset maker.

if I do go with ordering online I gues Id saply the fallowing info ?

1/ ok so Id have to wear a bra with my brest forms ( got a b cup size 10 b) by the way really I dig my new breast got them last weekend :D
2/ give my hight
3/ my waist size
4/ distance from my hips to breast ?

It's not nearly that simple. Again, my only point of reference is Romantasy, and here is what they will measure;

overbust corset orders require measurements nos. 1-11, 22, P-T

1 Around natural chest _______________________
2. Around just under the lower bust ____________
3. Around normal waistline, but measure snugly _____________
4. Around pelvic bone __________________________
5. Around 5" down from waist ______________
6. Around widest part of hips __________________
7. Waist to just under the lower bust __________
(This should be from your waist to where your bra underwire sits or slightly lower; be careful not to measure too high!)
8. Waist to center of nipple ___________________
9. Waist to just above pubic area ______________
(This should be from your waist low enough to cover your tummy "fat" but not so low as to poke into your "privates." Take the measurement with a ruler sitting down, and also standing up as those will change. Do it several times and take the average. For example, for a person 5'6" to 5'9" tall this will likely be about 4.5" for a man and about 5.5" for a woman.)
10. Underarm, waist to top of corset ____________
11. Underarm, lowest part of corset to the waist __________
22. Around chest over bra ______________________

P. How tall are you?____________________________
Q. What is your weight?__________________________
R. What is your dress or jacket size? ______________
S. Are you particularly pliable and elastic at the waistline? ___________
T. Are you particularly muscular and firm at the waistline? ___________

Milla
05-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Ouch ! Thanks Sigrid I have lots en lotz to consider !

So I might have to get the currage up and loook for a place that custom fits corsets in the city. Damn its not easy wanting to look like a chick , I knew it would be hard , but I have one heck of a mountian to climb yet. Its gonna be quite the jurney. It was hard enought to pick up my first bra and breast . But when it was all worth it !

Felicity
05-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Off the rack corsets are sometimes OK, but you really should try on a corset before buing it. I have a suspicion that those who are happy with their 'off the rack' corset they bought by mail have never enjoyed the comfort of one that properly fits....

YES... A CORSET CAN BE COMFORTABLE!

Felicity
05-03-2005, 07:37 PM
I personally suggest Dark Garden corsetry at http://www.darkgarden.com. There are other good ones I’m sure, but I am not personally familiar with them. If you order with measurements, they will first make a form and send it to you and ask you to wear it and include photos, send it back, then they will make the final alterations. They have a measurement form at http://www.darkgarden.com/ordering_print_measure.asp. Give them a call at 415-431-7684, but wander around their site first.

Milla
05-03-2005, 08:09 PM
THank you soo very muchly . ;)

JoannaDees
05-22-2005, 03:01 PM
Second time worn, first picture taken. It works! Of course, still some unsightly pizza folds showing, but soon, yes ... soon! I do believe it was Felicity who steered me to Dark Garden. If you can make it, they will do all the measuring, and they are custom made.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-4/997962/Picture90.jpg

Sharon
05-22-2005, 06:48 PM
Holy smoke, Joanna, you look great! I need to get me one of them. :)

Felicity
05-22-2005, 10:06 PM
I'm glad I could help. Of the corsets I have seen and bought, and people I worked with, I like Dark garden the best....