PDA

View Full Version : Accronyms and there meanings.

Ujean
05-02-2005, 02:57 AM
Ok. I am new here so it would help out my reading and understanding of these posts if some of there accronyms were explaned.
i.e. TG,SO,GG,TG. :confused:
Thanks ahead of hand.

DanaJ
05-02-2005, 05:14 AM
TransGendered
Significant Other
Genetic Girl
TransGendered

There ya go ;) Any others?

DanaJ

Ujean
05-02-2005, 05:36 AM
No I think that preaty much sums it up although the second 'TG' was a typo....my bad. But thx. :)

ronna
05-02-2005, 05:44 AM
It took me a little while to figure out the GG one too, but after reading a few posts I put it together!

Melissa A.
05-02-2005, 07:40 AM
On a related note, is there any signifigant difference between a crossdresser an a transvestite? I tend to think not-but maybe I'm wrong.

I do know I like the term crossdresser much better.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

DonnaT
05-02-2005, 08:00 AM
Not a big difference between TV and CD, Melissa. The main difference is in how others define the terms. TV became known as being gay and related to drag queens, so the founder of Tri-Ess (Victoria Prince) campained to use the term crossdresser to mean heterosexual.

Problem is, even though that was Victoria's goal, it didn't work. The general public still asks, when the tern CD is used, whether or not the person is gay.

Sigrid
05-02-2005, 08:26 AM
i.e. TG,SO,GG,TG.

You missed one, Dana

i.e. id est (from Latin meaning 'that is')

~Sigrid

Mia001
05-02-2005, 08:49 AM
Hi Sigrid,

Thanks. I had wondered about i.e. Now I know. What about P.P. when you sign a letter for someone?

I prefer the term crossdresser too. I think the term transvestite makes us sound like space aliens or something whereas the term crossdresser would give instant understanding to someone hearing it. I think it just fits better with modern language. I think they both mean the same except one is in English and the other is made up from Latin or Greek.

Mark.

Sigrid
05-02-2005, 09:05 AM
Hi Sigrid,

Thanks. I had wondered about i.e. Now I know. What about P.P. when you sign a letter for someone?

Latin per procurationem (by proxy)

I ain't smart, I just have a good search engine.

~Sigrid

Julie
05-02-2005, 09:11 AM
There's more than enough accronyms here to get on with.

http://www.tsroadmap.com/start/tgterms.html (http://www.tsroadmap.com/start/tgterms.html)

JJ

Mia001
05-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Thanks Sigrid,

I have to P.P. a lot of stuff in work so I know it's just a matter of time before someone asks me. Now I know the answer.

Mark.

DonnaT
05-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Latin per procurationem (by proxy)

I ain't smart, I just have a good search engine.

~Sigrid

First I heard of that. Learn something new everyday, sometimes :p

I sign and then I alway just hand write the word "for" in front of the person's name I'm signing for.

So should I put P.P. there or what?

Mia001
05-02-2005, 01:00 PM
Hi,

Yes. P.P. in capitals and then your signature right next to it. Then everyone will think you're dead sophisticated like what I am? "SNIFF"

Mark.

obsessedwithpantyhose
05-02-2005, 02:14 PM
i personaly think we should find a better word for crossdressers than crossdressing it sounds like we dress crosses as opposed to what we realy do :D
just my defective brains way of thinking

Mel Issa
05-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Dress up crosses...Thats cool,I never thought of that one.Pehaps I'm not as warped as I thought.Now I'm not saying you arewarped so please take no offense for none is intended.I am kinda like Popeye "I yam what I yam" And a yam is a sweet potatoe dig.No really I am Melford at times and Mel Issa at times.I am a cucd I reckon. Thats crossed up crossdresser.I in no way am actually passable Harley and United States Navy tattoos and such so we have a CUCD.GO FIGURE? Any way thats a new acronym for ya.Love you all, Mel Issa