PDA

View Full Version : Flying with Breast Forms?

Ginnifer
03-28-2008, 08:55 AM
I am traveling this next week for work and want to take my breast forms in my carry on bag, as I do not like to check any bags. Has anyone had experience traveling with silicone breast forms and going through the TSA security? I would hate to have them pulled out of my bag by TSA.

Thanks,

Lora

sandra-leigh
03-28-2008, 09:50 AM
Just wear 'em :D

I wore my large silicon forms (and bra of course) last time I flew. No problem, at least in Canada.

EnglishRose
03-28-2008, 10:19 AM
In case anyone was wondering, Mythbusters did a segment on a rumour that silicone forms / implants can explode at high air pressures through flying. They found out that it was completely untrue. :)

MsJanGG
03-28-2008, 11:28 AM
No experience flying with forms but I guess if I was worried they might empty your bag in front of everyone I would put on a baggy shirt and wear them... but honestly if they did empty your bag out... I would just make sure I told them to put them back!!! LOL chances are noone there will know you anyways! (unless you are flying with a coworker)

marie354
03-28-2008, 11:38 AM
The presure in the passenger sections of a plane are maintained for your confort, even when you are at 30,000 feet where the air is very thin.
There would be a lot of broken soda cans if not. TeeHeeHee...

Mitzi
03-28-2008, 11:50 AM
This was posted last year on a similar thread. As I recall, the attendant at the departure gate also checked my bag briefly. Maybe she was alerted by the TSA person.

Other than a moment of embarrassment, no biggie...

Mitzi

Rachel E
03-28-2008, 12:56 PM
I have flowen across country wearing a bra with my forms. I always wear a soft cup bra with no under wires. I am disabled and either use a wheel chair or take my electric scooter with me. I am given the full body check with the wand as well as the partual pat down. I do know that they can feel the bra and when they come under the arms they can feel the outer edge of my breast forms. Nothing has ever been said and i have also packed them in my checked baggage as well as my carry on.
LOL , Richie, Spokane, Wa:hugs

Angie G
03-28-2008, 07:05 PM
I don't think you can fly with them I think you'll nee one of those air plane thingies hun.
Sorry just a blond moment there. :hugs:
Angie

monika40
03-28-2008, 07:26 PM
I have taken mine in my carry-on many times. While I am sure that they show up on the screen, I have never been questioned. If I were questioned, I would just tell security that they were my forms. Raised eyebrows? Maybe.
However i don't beleive liing my life in "scare mode." Just my thoughts.:love:

Suzy Harrison
03-28-2008, 11:27 PM
The pressure in the passenger sections of a plane are maintained for your comfort, even when you are at 30,000 feet where the air is very thin.
There would be a lot of broken soda cans if not. TeeHeeHee...

As an ex airline engineer I can tell you they pressurise all planes to an equivalent of 8000 feet...... So if you have a 8000 foot mountain handy nearby, run up to the top with your breast forms on to find out ! :heehee:

But you needn't worry, GGs wear breast forms too, including a lot of the cabin staff - with no problems. !

sarah_burst
03-28-2008, 11:33 PM
you shouldn't have a problem love...unless you want to follow what eddie Izzard said about the breast forms in the plane and having to stuff his bra with pillows lol

SANDRA MICHELLE
03-29-2008, 01:04 PM
You will not have any problem with the forms or even if you go en-femme which I highly recommend, just did it a couple weeks ago and it was fabulous.
I do not wear forms but always wear an underwire bra and they had no problem with it. Also if you have to make a water landing you can use the forms as a flotation device, ha ha!!! So don't leave home without them.

CharleneCD
03-29-2008, 07:36 PM
The best way to be sure, is to contact and ask the TSA directly. But as seen with the recent story on the nipple piercings, individual TSA employees can be power hungry jerks, so be prepared for potential problems.

Ginnifer
03-30-2008, 02:01 AM
Thank you all for your replies. I will post back and let you know how it goes.

KaraChristine
03-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Hey Lora,

I'm a flight attendant, and I actually know a few of my GG coworkers who've had mastectomies - they do fly with breastforms and it's not a problem.

The issue for me is that my silicone forms were expensive and when I'm not wearing them I like to keep them in the original big secure boxes to protect them and keep their shape, so they are actually too big for carry on with all my other stuff. But I did get some foam travel forms that are an OK compromise for travel.

I'd be curious to hear about how it goes for you,
Kara :D

Carla
03-30-2008, 09:06 PM
I have only traveled once with my breast forms in my carry on. There was no problem at all. It was very cold on my trip out so I wore them and kept on my leather jacket . again no problems.

Enjoy!

WomanAtHeart4
03-30-2008, 09:54 PM
I love traveling partically fem in planes/airports. Because of different levels of airport security I have traveled with bra and breast forms on (in mostly guy mode). And have traveled with bra and forms in backpack (put on bra and forms in mens restroom after clearing xray). If I have bra and forms in backpack, I make sure I have nothing that will cause a search. Even if I were searched, I keep the bra and forms wrapped in a girly shopping bag where I could explain they are for my girlfriend/wife. I am not too worried about TSA finding/seeing my bra/forms in my carry on - what are they going to do? Its not illegal. When I have my bra and forms in my carry on, I closely watch the xray screener to see if they detect (only my fobia) an odd (maybe jell) subject - which they have not. I often travel semi fem with bra and forms on while air traveling. I usually wear a smart womans business suit coat that gives extra room in the breast area. It is nerve wracking taking off the coat prior to entering xray. I usually wait to the last minute. I must say I slouch my shoulders down as best I can to hide the obvious shape of my breasts (bra (38C) and forms). Again, I am not full fem mode but usually in semi fem clothes like a womans business blouse with front buttons, collar and (not too obvious)fem blue jeans (there is nothing better feeling than womans jeans!). I usually wear hose with type fem loafers. It also gets my heart rate up when we get delayed in xray and have to wait in line with feet exposed. I am very conscience there is someone behind looking down and seeing my hose and possible bra strap behind in my blouse. Of my many flights, I have had only one man, while waiting at the gate look me up and down a few times and a woman once winked at me as she saw my exposed feminine breasts as I was pulling my luggage with one arm in the concourse.:) Love Stephanie

JoAnnDallas
03-31-2008, 10:13 AM
The TSA people that do the X-Raying, don't know who's bag they are looking at, so don't worry. I have seen them pull a bag out then ask, "Who's bag is this". So don't worry about it.

RachelPortugal
03-31-2008, 04:13 PM
I did on a flight from Seattle to London Heathrow in 2004. Had to take my denim jacket off at security, so it was obvious to the security people and those in queue that I was wearing a bra. But hey, the last time I looked, I was still living in a free world.

With the new rules about liquids in hand luggage I don't know whether they might consider breast forms as a way to conceal liquids?

jessielee
03-31-2008, 04:19 PM
don't leave home without 'em!
your attitude and care invested in your ensemble will carry you through.
jessie