PDA

View Full Version : Baby Steps

RachR
03-28-2008, 01:10 PM
Today I took a little-big step...The story begins one day months ago when I was at the store doing my normal grocery shopping. I found myself going down the women's hygine isle as the isle next to it was blocked and I needed something from that end. As I was walking by I noticed the hosiery at the end of the isle and took a quick peek as I continued on my way to complete my shopping. I noticed they carried JMS pantyhose and something clicked in my head (being a big gal I knew they probably had a size to fit me). At the time I was too shy to grab a pair so I didn't. Since then I've kept thinking that I should have got them and the checkout person wouldn't know they were for me anyway. So today I needed only a few items and because the store I go to has self checkout I knew I had my chance. I went and picked up a few things, wandered around till I didn't see anyone nearby and then made my move. I grabbed 2 different colors in the size that I most closely matched online and moved on to finish my shopping.

To me this is a really big step, as like many I'm too shy to shop for my femme side in public (not to mentioin this is the first pair of pantyhose that actually fit right and I didn't ruin putting them on), but at the same time it's just a baby step into getting more comfortable with myself...and everything really.
I know to many this may not seem like a big deal but to me it is so :tongueout

Just wanted to share my story as I sit here dressed properly and in a great mood. :hugs:

-Rach

lynnmcarthur
03-28-2008, 01:15 PM
Doesn't it feel good to do that for the first time? Keep going because it will keep being fun. I now go shopping in drab and try things on.

Best

Lynn

DanaR
03-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Thanks for sharing! Next time it will be easier.

melissacd
03-28-2008, 01:19 PM
Rach,

I am so happy for you in taking that big step. Trust that we all go through these steps and continue to do so as we push the envelope of our comfort level. You have to stretch just beyond what feels comfortable to make progress.

Your next step might be to buy the pantyhose at a cash with a cashier and then next when there are people in line. Eventually you will reach the point where you are so comfortable with buying pantyhose that you will progress to new things until the whole experience becomes normal and matter of fact.

Each new step is scary and each new step is worth the effort. If you fail to do it this time, there is always a next time. Eventually you will reach the next step.

Feel great pride in this new step and enjoy it.

Sandi jo
03-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Hope its not the last shopping trip,good luck

Michelle-NC
03-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Every step, no matter how small, counts. Don't let anyone tell you it was insignificant!

Bethany38
03-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Rachr,

I have rec`ently started buying my own enfemme products and find it most liberating. I started out with hose and moved from there my wife used to and still does help me. Yesterday I bought my first blush. Keep it up and it will only get better.:)

Norman
03-28-2008, 04:25 PM
it's a really really big deal rach. i remember when i went out and bout my first piece of femm clothing in a public store and i was nervous as all get out i started feeling really hott in my face and felt kinda like i was going to faint. that was the first time when i went to my local jcpenney's because they were having a sale on bras buy one get one free and i just could pass up a deal like that (seeing how until that point i bought all my clothes offline), it's always a big deal your first time shopping even if its hose or a bra way to go hun:hugs:

Angie G
03-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Once I was afraid to shop for femme thing but as time went by it just came easy and now I don't give it a second thought. Shop some more and it will get easier for you also rach. And it's fun. :hugs:
Angie

sarah_burst
03-28-2008, 11:16 PM
OMG I remember the first time I bought pantyhose from a dept store.....my stomach was churning and I was sooo nervous....but the funny thing is that the Sales lady thought I was a girl cause at the time I was fairly young and had pretty long hair...but I guess since I kinda had breasts due to being diagnosed with gynecomastia it didnt hurt at the time either

Jilmac
03-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Rach, we all start with baby steps and as we progress the steps become bigger and longer until we're mainstream. You're right nobody notices when you buy pantyhose or other feminine items with your groceries. Your next baby step will come when you're in your favorite department store and you see all those pretty clothes staring you in the face. Keep shopping girl, it will only get easier. Luv and :hugs: Jill

sarah_burst
03-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Jill is right....usually nobody notices....most of the time they think you are buying said items for your SO and dont think twice about it....so no worries :)

RachR
03-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Who'd of thought a single act would have made such a big impact. I ended up speding the rest of the day dressed. I needed to check the mail so I underdressed to walk out to my apartment complex mailbox center. Today I needed to return some movies so I underdressed and went out. Returned the movies and got some lunch. Now I'm all dressed up again and feeling good.

Both were firsts for me. What a weekend :)

-Rach

trannie T
03-30-2008, 03:21 PM
RachR, be very, very careful. The first thing item of women's clothing I ever bought was a pair of pantihose. Since then I've made a considerable investment in clothes. You are not going to be able to squeeze the toothpaste back into the tube. You have made a big step in your life, it takes courage to make that first purchase. Congratulations girl!

Pandora
03-30-2008, 05:04 PM
I feel you RachR. I'm pretty much where you are. I just did the same exact thing last week too. Self serve checkout!

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79533

You know what, the very next day I went to target and bought some ladies jewelry and went through the line with the cashier.

You other more experienced ladies are scaring me, but I see how you're right. It's going to become a total addiction for me. :hugs:

deja true
03-30-2008, 05:15 PM
Also, something that's really important here, is that the things you bought for yourself are

YOURS!

You didn't steal them, you didn't "borrow" them from your wife or anyone else. You didn't find them.

They're yours.

Brand new, unused, fresh and clean. Just like you!

Less sneaking, less guilt. They are a symbol of your own birth.

Congratulation, dear one.

deja

RachR
03-30-2008, 05:57 PM
I never thought about that deja. It definitely means something. Although, every piece of women's clothing I own (and it's quite a bit) has been purchased from ebay. Still it's a totally different feeling getting something for myself at a store versus getting it from a stranger online.

Farrah
03-30-2008, 11:03 PM
In the past few months, i've found no one really cares what you do. I've looked in the lingerie dept. in many stores and no one looks at me twice. Even today, I was shopping for makeup and I asked a GG that was shopping for help. She was more than happy to help. We walked around and looked at different shades for about 15 or 20 minutes, it was really fun may I add.

Dalece
03-31-2008, 12:04 AM
Rach Very good girl, It takes time take the small steps. And then they will get bigger. Take you time do what is comfortable for you. We all support each other her in this sister hood and family.:)

O2B Barbara
03-31-2008, 03:55 AM
Doesn't it feel nice to take that kind of step? Good for you! It will get easier.

Amy Hepker
03-31-2008, 04:46 AM
They don't know who you are buying them for unless you tell them. It does not bother me to tell them unless their is a guy behind me.

JoAnnDallas
03-31-2008, 10:24 AM
Congrads...it a first step.. It will get easier, I know. I used to fear someone would ask me what I was doing buy fem items, but no longer. I just walk right up and do it. The other day, I was in Wal-Mart, walked into the shoe alise that has ladies shoes and started looking for a perticular pair of shoes. There were two other GG's in the aisle and they did not even glance at me, (well mabey they did). I even had another GG walk past me with her shopping cart.
Then one day, again in Walmart, I was browsing some great looking skorts when a SA came up and asked if I need some help. I got my courage up and asked her if this perticular top when with the skort. She looked at it and said, "Yes it does". Then asked if I need any accessiors. I mentioned shoes and she took me to the shoe department. While we were browsing she asked my size. I told her and she found the perfect pair for the outfit. Then it was on to the jewlery aslie and found matching clip-on earrings and necklass. Picked a new watch too. Then she smiled, said have a nice day, and left.