PDA

View Full Version : big brother

Wendy me
03-29-2008, 02:16 PM
hey guys .....just thinking ... i know your thinking omg Wendy is thinking it can't be good..... well OK ... my question is the girls MTF'S like and wish they could have a GG kinda take them under their wig so to speak you know help them with looking and acting like a GG ...... well do you guys ever think it might be cool to have a big brother ?? you know to help you with some of those guy things ??? i think that would be way cool to hang out with one of the guys FTM'S and just show them the ropes the if you will behind the scenes stuff.... what do you guys think???.........

Adam
03-29-2008, 02:18 PM
I have 4 brothers and one sister so im cool :D

Cai
03-29-2008, 02:22 PM
That would be pretty cool, to get someone to explain to me some of the intricacies of things like professional dress or sports etiquette.

I do kinda feel like I have big brothers here on the board already who keep an eye on me and give me advice.

Kieron Andrew
03-29-2008, 02:30 PM
I feel we all have brothers here anyway, we might not meet in person often or if not at all...but we are a close knit group who if any of us ask for help be that gender related or not we do get the answers we require...you may not see that so much as lot of it goes on in the boys clubhouse

Wendy me
03-29-2008, 02:38 PM
I feel we all have brothers here anyway, we might not meet in person often or if not at all...but we are a close knit group who if any of us ask for help be that gender related or not we do get the answers we require...you may not see that so much as lot of it goes on in the boys clubhouse

thats cool and a good thingy thats why this place and you guys club house are here for .... what i was saying in real life to have a real live (lol) GM to hang out and just help you get them small things that GM do that kinda are just known to GM's .....

Kieron Andrew
03-29-2008, 02:41 PM
thats cool and a good thingy thats why this place and you guys club house are here for .... what i was saying in real life to have a real live (lol) GM to hang out and just help you get them small things that GM do that kinda are just known to GM's .....

well from my point of view i hang out with a lot of MtFs in RL who help me from a male perspective occasionally

Wendy me
03-29-2008, 02:45 PM
well from my point of view i hang out with a lot of MtFs in RL who help me from a male perspective occasionally

thats cool and what i am talking abought.... way cool..... so your answer is yes it's a good idear ..... right????........

Cai
03-29-2008, 02:51 PM

That would be kinda cool. I know very few nontrans men IRL because of attending a women's college. It would be nice to have a close friend like that.

Wendy me
03-29-2008, 02:59 PM
That would be kinda cool. I know very few nontrans men IRL because of attending a women's college. It would be nice to have a close friend like that.

that's what i was thinking and it would be interesting to do something like that ... and besides a Friend (we can never have too many of them) through that a better understanding of who we are and helping out a fellow person with things would be good for the both of them .... i would like to see things like this .......

CaptLex
03-29-2008, 06:54 PM
I think I get what you mean, Wendy. I guess that's why I've always tried to tag along with the guys, since childhood. I know quite a few guys at work who are friendly with me and happy to treat me like one of the guys, but we don't socialize outside the office - probably because I think their wives won't quite see it the way they do. Doesn't matter, as long as they're welcoming and happy to discuss any guy things with me - and they do.

You also made me understand why my best friend (for decades now) has been my cousin - he's a gay guy and the only person who I'm really close to. I have lots of female friends (some are doing okay with the transition, others are still trying), but it's great to have some male bonding time with GMs. They speak my language, and with women I've sometimes needed a translation :heehee: - but I'm very fluent now. :D

boi_0h
03-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Yeah, I completely feel the big brother thing, except the majority of my friends have always been male. Even before I came out to my mates as being trans they pretty much accepted me as one of the guys, i was and always have been just part of the crowd, none of them ever saying i couldn't do something coz i was a girl or anything. It has also helped me greatly in passing etc, coz while they didn't know it I was taking mental (and sometimes literal) notes on their behavior towards eachother and how they interacted, it's really been my in for sure.

Fire Falcon
03-31-2008, 09:09 PM
I have a brother...

... And he totally doesn't accept I'm trans. We've never gotten along, and I chalk it all up to male rivalry. ;P Be careful what you wish for is all I have to say!

I view my friends as family though, and I know quite a few great guys, so I'm not terribly disappointed. :D

Abraxas
04-01-2008, 01:37 AM
I've got a sort of big brother. My buddy Jay teaches me all sorts of stuff about life, self defence, all that... And his kids (well, the one that can talk, anyway) call me Uncle Benny. :D