PDA

View Full Version : whose clothes have you admired

1950sclothes
03-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Apart from movie stars Kim Novak, Kay Kendall, Doris Day and ANGELA LANSBURY, I loved the skirts my teacher wore at high school. Lovely pleated skirts and nice tops. When she crossed her legs I could hear her nylons rubbing together. LOL.

I hate being caught looking at ladies in nice clothes, so I have to look away. I get so jealous. There was this other woman at work who used to wear a business skirt suit. I was jealous there too. I was in this horrible man suit and she had these wonderful clothes on. LOL.

I also worked at a estate agency, and the girls there wore lovely blue skirt suit like airline hostesses wear. Again I was so jealous. LOL.

Your thoughts please.

bEEb
03-29-2008, 05:14 PM
All of the lingerie models at "Fantasy's in Lace"

DemonicDaughter
03-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Morticia Addams... yeah I know... no big surprise :tongueout:

Deborah Jane
03-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Paris Hilton...I love her style:D

Stargirl
03-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Loretta Young. Lee Remick. Hedy Lamarr. Very few stars today can even come close to the class, and beauty of Loretta Young. We used to watch her sweep onto the set of her TV show. We wanted to have her clothes !!! We sat on the floor with our hair in curlers....wishing.

DanaR
03-29-2008, 05:52 PM
What is so sad is now days, you don't get to see a lot of women in skirts or dresses, at least in the Seattle area. There are lots of pants outfits, but they're not the same.

shirley1
03-29-2008, 07:27 PM
every good looking gg i see walkin down the road who is dressed well - i am so envoius, jealous, and just wish i could swap clothes with them !

Julie York
03-29-2008, 07:30 PM
The women in Desperate Housewives.

shirley1
03-29-2008, 09:24 PM
thinkin about it anyone watched the film "rear window" with james stewart - and grace kelly arrives with a new full white chiffon style skirt with a low cut black top on and says words to the effect of "what do you think and does a twirl " skirt flaring out - yeh i ceratinly admired and wished i could have been in a remake of that film as the part grace kelly was playing !!

i want the part !!!

KateSpade83
03-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Any woman in a good skirt suit! They can be fat, ugly, or whatever, ... but if they're in a good skirt suit I stare! That's why I have over 80+ skirt suits myself!

Nanci Reynolds
03-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Always thought Kim Novak had number 1 body in movies with Marilyn Monroe coming in at number 2.

But another story inspired by comment about SOUND of hose rubbing when legs crossed.

Long ago and far away (Turkey) I was an officer stationed at a remote (no females) base on Black Sea. Lived in Bachelor Officer Quarters. As I was newest resident (been there 4-5 months ... long enough to get woodies at the dropo of a hat), I was assigned to an area where there were several empty rooms for VIPs and visitiors. One night, USO brought in stripper to entertain officers for 6 shows over 2 day period. She brought hubby on the tour and they put them in the room next to mine. Walls were paper thin (as you can imagine in housing at a remote base.) Hour or so before 1st show, I had my ear glued to wall while she was dressing. When she finished, I "accidentally" left my room just seconds after she left hers. Only thing I remember was the "swish-swich" sound of her hose gliding over legs as she walked down the hall (fully dressed while en route to Officers Club). Never forget that sound and sensation she gave me...better than her strip performance.

newtothis8767
03-29-2008, 10:40 PM
i apsolutly adore outfits like off of dancing with the stars and so like all types of ballroom, salsa, etc dresses there gorgeus. And it makes me sad that i cant wear them because you need cleavage for them.:angry::brokenheart:

1950sclothes
03-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I'm the same. I saw a lady today in the street aged about 55 with her husband, and she had this sexy brown pencil skirt on with a kick pleat at the back and quality pantyhose. Lovely shoes. I thought, DAMN. LOL. :)

every good looking gg i see walkin down the road who is dressed well - i am so envoius, jealous, and just wish i could swap clothes with them !

1950sclothes
03-29-2008, 11:18 PM
Totally agree. That does it for me. But the length has to be below knee, preferably calf length. And there has to be either a slit at the back or kick pleat.

Any woman in a good skirt suit! They can be fat, ugly, or whatever, ... but if they're in a good skirt suit I stare! That's why I have over 80+ skirt suits myself!

Christinedreamer
03-29-2008, 11:20 PM
I fell in love with the pleated and flared chiffon pantsuits of the 70s. They were super full pants and tunic tops in matching and flared pleated chiffon with wrsit length bell sleeves also pleated. The hems were lettuce leaf edged and they whole outfit just flowed and was so elegant.

I am having one made at this time.

Christine

TerriM
03-30-2008, 09:17 AM
I remember watching TV in the 50' and 60's and loving the outfits of Donna Reed and Barbara Billingsley (The Beaver's Mother June Cleaver). Maybe I can blame it all on the " Vast Wasteland " as some called it back then.

Terri

akaCathy
03-30-2008, 09:21 AM
When I saw the movie Practical Magic, I immediately wanted to dress like the Aunties, Stockard Channing and Dianne Wiest. The other look would be a gown by Vera Wang.

Rebecca_Russell
03-30-2008, 09:46 AM
The likes of Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn do it for me.

CrossdressinGoth
03-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Well, even though it can be controversial with her style, I really have been inspired by Britney Spears. Its even cause of her that I decided my female name to be Britney, that and along with my male name starting with a B :tongueout

Darlene-VA
03-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Grace Kelly is a favorite and all of the actresses in the Hitchcock films they were so well dressed

Farrah
03-30-2008, 09:53 AM
What is so sad is now days, you don't get to see a lot of women in skirts or dresses, at least in the Seattle area. There are lots of pants outfits, but they're not the same.

I agree. SKirts to me is what makes a woman feminine.

Kiva
03-30-2008, 11:54 AM
Courtney Hansen! She looks good in jeans and t-shirts.

Denise Marie 2
03-30-2008, 12:01 PM
I loved the classy 1960s looks of Jacqueline Kennedy and Barbara Bain.

KarenSusan
03-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Having gone to grade school in the '50s, I can still remember a girl who wore a white blouse and and a full circular black taffeta skirt with crinoline underneath. It made the most marvelous sound when she walked. I used to close my eyes and imagine that I was wearing that outfit.

Now, at least, some 60 years later, I do not have to imagine.

mellisa
03-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Just about any news reporter on TV today, or maybe political women like Nancy Pelosi, Condellissa Rice, or Hillary Clinton are all hot looking dressers!!!

Angie G
03-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Just about every well dressed GG I've seen. And some of the outfit on the girl on Dancing with the stars. :hugs:
Angie

Rachel Morley
03-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Hi 1950sclothes,

I'd say anyone (GG) wearing a skirt like in your avatar and a pink feminine twinset like this :)

1950sclothes
03-31-2008, 12:07 AM
I live in Uk and the weather girls on Sky News wear nice clothes.

The weather is done from a long shot, with a big picture of the globe beside them. These weather girls parade up and down showing the weather cycles.

They are always dressed in quality well cut skirts and nice high heel shoes. They look so smart. When I see them I have to dress. LOL.:D

1950sclothes
03-31-2008, 12:08 AM
Rachel, that's MY STYLE. ;)

Valerie Nicole
03-31-2008, 12:19 AM
I have to pick one style? I love everything. Evening gowns, schoolgirl outfits (and other fetishwear, while we're at it), professional clothes. My biggest influence? Just various friends and acquaintances who I've seen well dressed. One of my high-school teachers always had amazing clothes, and girls from high-school too.

EnglishRose
03-31-2008, 10:14 AM

I'll say! Especially Marcia Cross for me.

Other very random images that spring to mind: Most of what Jennifer Esposito or Connie Britton wore on Spin City. Phoebe or Rachel's wardrobe on Friends. Minidress-and-knee-boots as modelled by Shirley Manson in Garbage's "Only happy when it rains" video. And recently, Padma wearing a gorgeous cowl-neck sweater dress on Top Chef.

Mmmmmmm :D

Vivian Best
03-31-2008, 10:17 AM

Shirley, I completely, 1000% agree with you!

Carly D.
03-31-2008, 11:05 AM
The models at J.C.Penny, back in the seventies as well as the eighties... the pantyhose models and shoe models...

KandisTX
03-31-2008, 11:58 AM
I personally miss the womens/teenage girl fashions of the late 70's early 80's. Those wonderful skirts and blouses my sister used to have, oh how I loved wearing them, the plaid skirts with a pair of knee high boots and a sweater.. YUMMY.

Kandis:love::rose2:

Rachel Morley
03-31-2008, 10:07 PM

I'll say! Especially Marcia Cross for me.

That's exactly who's in the picture in my above post! .... here's the full pic. I think she looks awesome in this pic, but if I was was to wear this myself I'd wear a pencil skirt not pants :)