PDA

View Full Version : Ive come to realize

newtothis8767
03-31-2008, 12:31 AM
I have a really bad anger problem. the slightest thigs set me of like one day i was locked out of my house so i broke my door down. BUT when im enfemm nothing really effects me im just in pure blis im happy. I have no idea if the two things are related but i find it strange.

karinels
03-31-2008, 02:26 AM
i feel the same way. little things set me off when posing as a guy, but let me put myself en-femme and the same stuff doesnt bother me at all. ive noticed this for some time now, and if i ever get the funds, ill be checking in at a psych doc to see if they are related.

deja true
03-31-2008, 06:25 AM
"I have no idea if the two things are related but i find it strange."

"...ill be checking in at a psych doc to see if they are related."

Oh, babys, yes they're related!

The limbic system of our brain releases chemical dopamine when we do something we like or gives us pleasure. Dopamine produces that high, that feeling of well-being.

If we take pleasure in dressing, dopamine makes us feel good. And calms our nerves.

Drugs do the same. Orgasm does the same.

Check out more info on dopamine, endorphins, serotonin. All natural anti-depressants manufactured by our nervous systems to help keep us on track.

Synthetic versions are used for anger and depression meds.

DemonicDaughter
03-31-2008, 06:31 AM
"I have no idea if the two things are related but i find it strange."

"...ill be checking in at a psych doc to see if they are related."

Oh, babys, yes they're related!

The limbic system of our brain releases chemical dopamine when we do something we like or gives us pleasure. Dopamine produces that high, that feeling of well-being.

If we take pleasure in dressing, dopamine makes us feel good. And calms our nerves.

Drugs do the same. Orgasm does the same.

Check out more info on dopamine, endorphins, serotonin. All natural anti-depressants manufactured by our nervous systems to help keep us on track.

Synthetic versions are used for anger and depression meds.

It turns me on when you talk nerdy. :heehee:

Kate Simmons
03-31-2008, 06:49 AM
I dunno Deja, it sounds good on paper but one thing you don't want to do is catch Sal on a bad day--She hulk smash!! Those are times I'd rather deal with Rich, neural pathways, serotonin and dopamine notwithstanding.:heehee:

1950sclothes
03-31-2008, 08:15 AM
I was connecting the TV set to a HDD recorder, and all the wires got tangled. I nearly threw ther TV out the window. I was so mad.

But with people I am very placid. Never had a fight in my life, but I have been thumped. Yikes.

Dalece
03-31-2008, 08:29 AM
I get angry in guy mode When I do i repeat to myself I"M a Girl over and over. When i'm who I want tobe me the girl I'm happy and at peace.

jessielee
03-31-2008, 08:41 AM
never had much of a temper but find frustration threshhold not reached as quickly since awakening.
DD, lets not forget seratonin, too!
if talk of neurotransmitters turn you on, i want in on the action!
Deja is right, love and other risky behaviors make us high, as from the ultimate drug.
flying high,
jessie

Suzzie
03-31-2008, 10:01 AM
Hi all,

I would like to say that I was one of those that had a short fuse. It didn't matter what it was, and sometimes just fly off the handle for the littlest things. Well, not anymore. I decided to do something about it. I went and got an Orci last year. No more testosterone<sp>. Now, I'm as carefree, and plasid as they come. I enjoy things a lot more now that the boys are gone. I very seldom even raise my voice anymore. Im as mellow as a church mouse now. hehe I feel wonderful and wouldn't go back even if I could/had to. For me it made all the difference in the world. Also, it cuts down on the amount of hormones that I take.

Suzzie

sandra-leigh
03-31-2008, 10:03 AM
You should investigate whether you are clinically Depressed; one of the symptoms of Depression is rapid mood swings. I used to go from happy to feeling very hurt in the blink of an eye, especially if my wife said I was fat, or interrupted me (which was fairly often.) Disrespected me, in short -- someone who is depressed is usually already very low on self-esteem and self-respect and it doesn't take much to make it plunge.

But anger and depression: yeah, definitely. When your brain receptors are overloaded, it is hard to deal with new stimuli, and anger (a fairly low level brain function) becomes easy to trigger.

KandisTX
03-31-2008, 10:34 AM
Do yourself a favor and speak with a psychiatrist and have your condition properly diagnosed. I myself have an anger issue whereby the slightest thing would set me off, things like the television remote being offset from where I left it.

I was diagnosed with "Intermittant Explosive Disorder" and placed on medication (750 mg of Depakote daily). I can assure you that the favorite saying in our house is "Depakote is my friend".

While CDing may offer you SOME relief or escape, I assure you that it is NOT A TREATMENT for this disorder. It will only get progressively worse and that can be VERY DANGEROUS to yourself or someone else, most likely someone you think you could never hurt in a million years.

IED is more commonplace than people realize and has recently been dubbed as what most of us know as "Road Rage". While some think it may be a joke, it is a very serious condition that requires treatment form a psychiatric professional.

PLEASE SEEK HELP

Kandis:love::rose:

DemonicDaughter
03-31-2008, 01:43 PM
never had much of a temper but find frustration threshhold not reached as quickly since awakening.
DD, lets not forget seratonin, too!
if talk of neurotransmitters turn you on, i want in on the action!
Deja is right, love and other risky behaviors make us high, as from the ultimate drug.
flying high,
jessie

You always want in on my action ;) :heehee: