PDA

View Full Version : When you tell your wife about your C/D is age a factor?

switcheralso
03-31-2008, 10:05 AM
For the girls that have told there wives or significant others what was the age when you were married to your wife or the age you started to dating with your significant other. I am making a wild ass guess that the girls that have told there wife’s or significant others in which the talk has gone OK. Got married or connected later in life maybe when life experiences made a person more in tuned to what life has to offer such as the good the bad and the ugly. I mean if you and your significant other started a relationship in your 30’s does that play an impact if your significant other is accepting of the C/D.

I have been married to my wife for 12 years I am 43 now. I told my wife 15 months ago.

Laurelanne
03-31-2008, 10:24 AM
This is thw ongoing story for many many of us I was a very active CDer when i met my 1st SO she knew(I was 17) i told her she asked me to be discrete and not tell her. I did for years was a travelling musician so i had the opportunity to be ME quite a bit The the road work changed and spent more time at home this created alot of friction. (I was then 30)Nverthe less
it eneded and my new SO knew a little when we got together and married, NOW she is very supportive not 100% in some things but alot of help and love. Im now 56 shes 51 You know there could be something to the age or aging differential theory here... Hmmmm:heehee:

MJ
03-31-2008, 11:56 AM
i was married young .21 and well it did not go well for me now she is my ex, she found out when i was 43 .

Ashley Lyn
03-31-2008, 12:25 PM
I was first married at 21, and she was 19! I sprung it on her that I enjoyed wearing her clothes (after we married), and had been experimenting with my Sis's stuff prior, but no CD'ing..! She tho't I needed mental help..:eek: She grew to being OK with 'dressing', but only in our home! Not even Halloween 'outside'..:Angry3:

She and I divorced, and not because of the 'dressing' tho' she used that as a reason in Court.. HEY, I was 'outted'..! I didn't care.. I actually got a smile out of it! We are now good friends..

My second wife, I told, prior to marriage, and she was supportive to the point she wanted to tell her kids, so I could dress at home, but I didn't want that either.. I was worried the kids wouldn't understand.. How foolish was that?:heehee: I was 37 and she was 39 when we married... Rest her soul...!!

My present wife was told when I knew we were 'getting serious'... I guess I knew she'd be accepting, which is why we were attracted to each other in some way..:o I was 57 and she was 42 when we married.. I now 'dress' whenever the 'kid' is away... We go out 'dressed', but not 'in public' as I don't really pass.. Such a rush! That 'little girl' in me makes life so much fun!:daydreaming:

Tammy298
03-31-2008, 12:42 PM
I told my wife not long after we met. She accepts and to a certain degree encourages me. Going out dressed hasn't ever come up. I'm not sure either of us want that and I don't think I could never pass as a woman anyway!
I'm in my 50's, she just turned 40 and we've been together 8 years.
In my previous marriage, she wouldn't even consider me CDing, although I did some in the closet. She was very controlling, which ultimately ended the marriage, even though she had a kinky side to herself that was a mile wide!:straightface:

Daintre
03-31-2008, 01:08 PM
My opinion is that no matter your age, you need to be up-front at the start of a relationship. Now I also feel that younger people will accept CDing easier than the say baby boomer age group and that is because of the times we live in. Today we are much more tolerant than in even the 60s and 70s.

melissacd
03-31-2008, 01:11 PM
I got together with my common law wife when I was 25 and did not tell her until I was around 40. It did not go well and she is now not my common law wife after 25 years. I am not sure whether age had anything to do with it.

ChristineRenee
03-31-2008, 01:17 PM
I told my wife when we were still dating. I was 41 or 42 at the time, she was 40. That was back in the spring of 1993. We got married in July of 1994. She was pretty ok with it...but not completely accepting. She thinks that she is at the top of the acceptance scale now...say a 10 out of 10. I say closer to about 7.5...possibly 8...and holding. I don't expect it to ever be higher than that either. I think she has too much previous "conditioning" in her life prior to me to be able to think or step outside the box at this stage of her life. It's ok though. I don't need validation from her to be who I am. It is what it is and she knew what she was getting into before she ever said "I do".

Maria2004
03-31-2008, 01:42 PM
My wife is very supportive but not accepting. She is 10 years older then I am, and have been married 24 years (I came out in 2004) in our discussions about my dressing she's certain had she known about it prior to marriage she wouldn't have married me, and attributes that fact she has stayed with me after finding out, to her changing careers and getting into Forensic Psychology which she feels helped prepare her to deal with it. So for us, age wasn't a factor.

Davinnia
03-31-2008, 03:53 PM
My wife & I have been married 7 years, I'm 51, she's 55 & I came out to her a year ago. I guess I felt time was running out to keep dressing in secret. I already wore nighties to bed so it wasn't a complete surprise to her & she's been very accepting. I've dressed the last 4 evenings, a record for me !
I do think age is a factor in coming out. Turning 50, you realise you've only so many good years left & I wanted to really enjoy dressing & be open with my SO.
It was the best thing I could have done & she's been wonderful about it all.

Babette
03-31-2008, 07:25 PM
I guess that I am one of the extremely lucky ones. We started dating when I was 18 and we have now been married nearly 32 years. I did not come out to her until after the family had fledged and she was unbelievably accepting of it.

I asked her a while back what she would have thought if I had told her back in the 1970's. In so many words, she said we were all cultured or programmed to react differently than what we see in today's norm. She probably would have freaked over the revelation. Why worry about it today she says? So long as we are both happy, let's live.

Babette