PDA

View Full Version : What I get out of CDing

Ruth
03-31-2008, 03:59 PM
This is not about why I CD, which I regard as pretty much unanswerable, but about what I get from it, in terms of experience of sensations and/or feelings that I couldn’t get otherwise.
I’ve got three main categories, which in their way also explain a bit about the areas where I don’t go. It’s all about the clothes, but I can be more specific than that.
First is the acting-out of the opposite gender role in clothing: I wear the clothes (and accessories) specific to a woman, and that woman is the person I imagine I would be if I were female. And the aim here is not to attain the sexual identity of a woman but the emotional capacity. By dressing I give myself permission to have the emotional range, to feel and express the emotions that I associate with the feminine state. This is a great liberating experience for me. And it begins and ends with the emotions – no way do I wish to adopt a female sexual role.
Second is the experience of different clothing styles and fabric textures on my body. This is very much in the sensual arena rather than the emotional. Women’s clothes are lighter and more clingy than male styles, often they fit closely where a male style is loose, and vice versa. Stockings or pantyhose over shaved legs is a complete change from anything male. Being dressed feels totally different. Colors and patterns can be far more extravagant. I look totally different. I can express myself in clothing in a way I do not feel able to do in drab mode.
Third and probably least is the comfort factor. I think a lot of women’s styles are far more comfortable than men's. Clothes tend to be made of thinner, lightweight fabrics, with a nice feel to them, and to follow the body shape rather than constricting it. I enjoy wearing light, stretchy underwear and loose flowing dresses. I feel comfortable and relaxed. The exception to this rule in women’s wear is of course the heavy duty brassieres and corsets of “firm control” foundation wear. I do not go there. I find the constricting fit to be a contradiction to what I look for in CDing, and I do not have any of this type of garment.
So there we are. This isn’t a question: it’s all about me, but I thought if I put it out there, someone else might read it, recognise themselves in something here, and maybe feel a little bit better. We’re all different but we’ve got a lot in common. So I'd be interested to know if others share my feelings, or have entirely different ones.
Ruth

victoriamwilliams1
03-31-2008, 04:04 PM
For me I agree with you. I for one at times enjoy the attention I get from other people while out. The clothing when I first started felt alien and now everything from head to toe feels very natural now. A wile back it concerned me and now I have just became used to the feel.

Samantha43
03-31-2008, 04:20 PM
You have made some excellent points and observations. I share most of the same sensations and feelings you do. The most important factor for me is the visual aspect, hey, I'm really a man...:D Men are visual creatures. I will stand in front of a mirror and primp forever. :battingeyelashes: My wife gets a huge kick out of that and teases me to no end.

Joy Carter
03-31-2008, 04:29 PM
With me it's not about the clothes. It's not about the makeup or accessories. It's about finaly feeling at one with my heart and sole.

OK I do like heels, damit !

jessielee
03-31-2008, 04:36 PM
With me it's not about the clothes. It's not about the makeup or accessories. It's about finaly feeling at one with my heart and sole.

dear Ruth,
besides how Joy summed it up, your reason number one could have been written by me.
its how i feel.
love,
jessie

harmony
03-31-2008, 05:02 PM
hello ruth!
point one=you hit that one on the nail(i mean those sharp long metal thingies hopefully).
what makes me totally harmonious is when i look in the mirror-the glass one or going out and presenting myself to society)and i see a piece of the lifelong puzzle that is me.i have no specific persona for my femm side-it starts as a creative and artistic effort with the outcome undetermined until its finished. there were many times when it all ended up in the trashcan-so to speak.myfriends tell me i am more relaxed and i have a much nicer smile when dressed-i am not aware of making any conscious
behaviour changes.
for your second point-i have always thought that many of us have a hightened sense of touch-like sight hearing smell balance-what our souls use to let us experience the world.
point three i am not quite with you.i adore the female shape
=the embracing roundness and hopefully softness=and i will use any means to achieve ideal proportions.
thank for giving us this great tread!

TSchapes
03-31-2008, 05:17 PM
The most important factor for me is the visual aspect, hey, I'm really a man...:D Men are visual creatures.

It is for me too. The transformation aspect. Man has used masks and meditation in rituals to transform themselves since the beginning of humankind. I feel I'm experiencing the ultimate transformation, the opposite sex.

But, to the first point, this dressing has allowed the female side of me out. It's been there forever and suppressed. And now it flows naturally. Hey, maybe it is magic! At least magical to me.

Love, Tracy

docrobbysherry
03-31-2008, 08:53 PM
It is for me too. The transformation aspect. Man has used masks and meditation in rituals to transform themselves since the beginning of humankind. I feel I'm experiencing the ultimate transformation, the opposite sex.
Love, Tracy

There must be a big difference in closet, and go out dressed, CDs.

I expect a lot of closet CDs r more like Tracy. I know I am. The more I can disappear, and a female persona can appear, the better I like it.
What about the "feel" factor of female impersonation dressing?

The feel of tite panties that flattens out everything between your legs? U reach down, and nothing is there!

The smooth, silky, cool feeling of hose. Then, the toe constriction of tite high heels. And you stagger around, until that familiar female gait takes over.

The tite, bra, corset, or all-in-one, takes your breath away. And magically changes your shape!

Your dress zips up the back, titely around your neck. Once u r zipped up in it, u r trapped without help, or a zipper tool!

Your wig and makeup warm up your head and face.

The vision in the mirror is female, and someone completely different, and u can't believe that is really u! I'm not very relaxed, at that poiint.

If I want "relaxed", I wear T shirt, loose jeans, kick off my shoes, open a beer, and turn a game! Usually, AFTER I've finished dressing!

ColleenW
03-31-2008, 09:16 PM
emotions – no way do I wish to adopt a female sexual role.
Second is the experience of different clothing styles and fabric textures on my body. This is very much in the sensual arena rather than the emotional. Women’s clothes are lighter and more clingy than male styles, often they fit closely where a male style is loose, and vice versa. Stockings or pantyhose over shaved legs is a complete change from anything male. Being dressed feels totally different. Colors and patterns can be far more extravagant. I look totally different. I can express myself in clothing in a way I do not feel able to do in drab mode.
Ruth

Ruth -

I completely agree, espically about the way female clothes feel when I'm wearing them. I very much enjoy the feel and texture of the fabrics

Carly D.
04-01-2008, 08:35 AM
Ruth.. yes to you, and your feelings of dressing up... I love how the clothes feel on me.. I shave from my waste down and when I wear nylon it feels so good.... paradise...

gennee
04-01-2008, 08:14 PM
This Saturday I will be attending the Gay Expo at Jacob Javits Center here in NYC. I'm a veteran and a member of American Veterans for Equal Rights, an LGBT veterans group. I was wondering if I should go to the event dressed.

Well low and behold, the leader of our group called me today and said that I can come dressed. HOORAY!! I can wait. I will see if I can have some pictures of me taken.

Gennee

:)