PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering.....

xoAmandaxo85
03-31-2008, 09:39 PM
how could i go out and by new clothes in my male self without telling them that the clothes were for me ex.panties, skirts, shirts and other stuff. can someone give me some advice?

Butterfly Bill
03-31-2008, 09:58 PM
Go out and buy the stuff and don't say anything about who it's for. The salespeople aren't going to care, if you give them the money that they are asking for.

deja true
03-31-2008, 10:03 PM
Bill's right. SAs couldn't give hoot, who it's for.

Do you know them? Do they know your family or your boss? Well?

Hell, babygirl! Tell 'em it's for you. You'll actualy get better service and the clothes will be sure to fit.

It's a great thrill and builds confidence like you wouldn't believe.

Just do it, hun.

deja

Dee Jay
03-31-2008, 11:26 PM
It's sometimes easier to shop on your own.

My wife and I often shop together. We're different sizes.
One time we bought some stuff including shoes.
twice (once for the shoes and the other for the clothes) the SA asked, "You do know that these are different sizes?" To which I replied "yes, it's OK we know".
The SA just smiled.
Did she know/think they were for me? Who knows? It doesn't matter... It was quite exciting though :)

When shopping alone, most people assume you are buying for a partner.

DJ

Trisha
03-31-2008, 11:39 PM
i agree go out and shop it dont matter if you do tell them its for you i found that if you do tell them its for you you get moor help like would you like to try it on or if it dont fit bring it back i have stuck up a good chinwag with the sales girls doing just that i even go to the hairdressers and have blond highlights and a womens hair cut its all in a day have fun shopping :)

Dalece
03-31-2008, 11:50 PM
It dosen't matter what the Sa thinks or says ther yours or what there for. As long as the money that goes across is real. Not that your a contifiter. That is all. I have had some good conversations with women if they ask and honestly told them they are for me and if asked do you crossdresss i say yes.

Jada Rose
03-31-2008, 11:56 PM
Last weekend the wife and I were out shopping when we found a shoe store nearby carried size 12 women's shoes. I was in heaven, especially considering that I usually have to drive almost 100 miles to shop. Twice I asked the SA for help locating a particular style. She was very helpful and friendly. I bought 3 pairs. From what I understand, this is not uncommon among SA's, so I say give it a go. If they are rude or discourteous, do you really want to give them your business anyway?
Just my thoughts on it.

O2B Barbara
04-01-2008, 12:17 AM
I used to worry and make excuses or comments that it was a gift, for the wife, etc... Now I just shop with no worries or cares. Shoes, womens dept & lingerie. Have never had any comments or stares except in the lingerie dept with some genetic girls (young & old) nervous about shopping for undies with a man in the dept. Something to get a chuckle from.

Go ahead & have fun and don't worry about the sales people.

Melinda G
04-01-2008, 01:34 AM
I used to get the gift box, or ask if she could return it, etc. Now I just buy what I want, and don't worry about it.

Rachel75
04-01-2008, 01:38 AM
It's a hard hurdle to get over. I did most of my shopping online, but I eventually got to the point where I couldn't wait for things to be shipped...I needed them NOW! I think at first we have a tendency to feel some sort of guilt or embarassment, but the more you do it, the more those feelings disappear.

Mary Jane
04-01-2008, 07:33 AM
I have never had any comments from sales people about the female things I buy but I have often thought of saying (if they did comment): "The person I am buying these things for CAN NOT get out of the house". LOL I douubt I will ever use that line but I wonder what the reaction would be.

erickka
04-01-2008, 08:05 AM
Most S/A's don't give a crap who you are buying for, since their job is to sell, sell, sell. The only problems you may have are some women's specialty retailers (many mentoined in other threads on this forum) which have somewhat discriminatory (sp) policies on men or transgendered persons in their stores. Thrift shops ( Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc) are some of the best "no questions asked" places to shop.

Sandi jo
04-01-2008, 08:46 AM
If the money is good they don't care

jessielee
04-01-2008, 08:54 AM
yes, just buy them. its either obvious you're buying gifts for another or it doesn't matter. happens all the time without necessarilly
meaning crossdressing!
works for me,
jessie

michellecd9999
04-01-2008, 09:19 AM
You don't say where you live and if you're married or not. You might live in an area that is not so understanding of CDers or you may not want to come out to SA's that could out you to others in the area.
You can always use the girlfriend/wife excuse. Always ask if you can bring them back if they don't fit well. I have also used the excuse when shopping for dresses or shoes in a thrift or consignment store that my wife and I were going to a switch or costume party and I had to find a dress and shoes, or that I was going to be in a skit (work, church, friends party) and needed to put together an outfit.
Sometimes, depending on where I am shopping and how accepting I think the SA might be (based on age, how she greeted me, etc) I will admit they are for me, but that is rare as I am married and still in the closet and it would be really bad to be outed in the community where I am active.
Michelle

Farrah
04-01-2008, 09:24 AM
You'll be surprised at the response you get when you tell the S.A. the clothes are for you. They will be glad to help you.

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-01-2008, 09:32 AM
My wife and I have shopped for all sorts of things together and she is a size 8 or 10 and I am a size 12 mostly. We have purchased several items that were identical, mainly nighties and the clerks when they did notice let us know we had different sizes and the wife just said yes the 12,s are "hers" even when I am in drab, I just loved that. We go shopping for shoes together quite a lot and try to get the Buy one get one free offers or 1/2 off the second pair deals. She is a size 8 and I wear size 11 so it is pretty obvious when we buy shoes of different sizes, of course the dead give away is when they see me trying them on and walking around to see if they are a good fit. I have "never" had any problems with sales clerks, they will do there job which is to take care of you, the paying customer so don't worry.

jaina
04-01-2008, 09:34 AM
After 8 hours of dealing with the public, your going in, picking something pretty out, paying and leaving will most likely NOT be the customer they remember and complain about to their family over dinner.

KandisTX
04-01-2008, 01:14 PM
I say just go buy what you want. The SA doesn't care, and besides it's really none of their business why you may be buying a bra and panties. It's their job to take your money and if there is a problem, take it to the manager, or take your business elsewhere.

Kandis:love::rose2:

Nicole Erin
04-01-2008, 01:31 PM
There is this approach -

So you didn't plan on any questions but the smart alec SA says something and asks if they are for you -

SA - "Ahhh, buying a skirt and panties I see..."
YOU - "You know it! I am going to look hot in these!"
SA - "I bet you will...."

You have told the truth, AND get this - since you fessed up so quick, they will think you were joking.

I have never been one for a subtile approach... :heehee:

Joanne f
04-01-2008, 01:45 PM
As some have said just go and buy the things you would like, i have never had any trouble doing it , and if you did get a comment just smile and say of course they are for me , that always stops them from saying anything more :D

joanne

joann07
04-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Just like there are no fashion police, there are no shopping police either.
All the SA sees is the $$$$ from the sale so you don't have to explain anything.
If you do, then you'll immdiately draw unnecessary attention to yourself so just be kind and courteous, treat it as if it's no big deal, and go about your business.

Hugs!

Nicole Erin
04-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Another approach is something I use every time - I just say the clothes are for Joann07. Works like a charm. :heehee:

Ruth
04-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Everyone's said it but I'll just say again: you do not have to justify buying clothes of the opposite sex. Anyone can do it. I understand completely because I was like that at first; I was so nervous. As soon as you've done it once or twice and you notice that the sky doesn't fall in, you'll be OK.
I've got to the point where I enjoy shopping for my femme things more than male clothes, and my wife has to remind me to get some new man things once in a while.

DemonicDaughter
04-01-2008, 02:33 PM
This is a thread I started about this very subject. (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78641) The responses in it might help you a lot with this question. :D Best of luck

Jenny J
04-02-2008, 07:01 PM
I've been buying items, bras and panties included for a couple of months now in male mode and the only time anyone ask me a question about the clothing was a SA asking if this was for my "Honey". I said yes and left it at that.

Most of the time the conversation is about the weather or how busy the store is or if I found everything I was looking for. Next time I'll tell them they need to stock women's shoes in sizes 13-15.

Jen

Scotty
04-02-2008, 07:10 PM
how could i go out and by new clothes in my male self without telling them that the clothes were for me ex.panties, skirts, shirts and other stuff. can someone give me some advice?

When I go buy stuff and anyone asks, it's for my girl-friend....

And that's no life, it's for my girl side and I am friends with that side :)

I guess I am my own girlfriend in that regard :)

Sinthia
04-02-2008, 07:58 PM
You don't say where you live and if you're married or not. You might live in an area that is not so understanding of CDers or you may not want to come out to SA's that could out you to others in the area.

Michelle

Michelle . . . Just buying panties and bras does not make a man a CD. He may well be buying it for his wife. How would the SA know? When I got married 35 years ago, my father-in-law told me that it was now my job to buy panties and bras for my wife, and that was before I started dressing.