PDA

View Full Version : Reality vs Fantasy

Vivian Best
04-01-2008, 06:01 PM
I've been a CDr from the dawn of my first memories. That is a long way back in time. I'm several years past the Medicare age of 65.

During the 60 some years of my CDing memory I seemed to be living in an "in-between" world. Something between reality and fantasy. Wanting the fantasy to be the real world but knowing full well that it will never be and then having to return to the reality world. I have to admit that the fantasy world scared the hell out of me during my teenage years and even spilling into adulthood. Craving the fantasy world and being afraid of it at the same time. Not understanding in anyway what the fantasy world was or why it was there and why was I compelled to live in it if only part of the time!

Eventually, I came to terms with the in-between world. As much as I would like to stay in the fantasy world I knew I had to go back to the reality world to do the necessary things of living. But, when I'm in that world I'm constantly thinking about the fantasy world, dreaming about what it would be like if I lived in that world all the time but knowing full well that the best I will be able to do is the in-between world.

I think the in-between world is the world that many of us here live in and it's the best we will be able to do!

MarinaTwelve200
04-01-2008, 06:15 PM
I've noticed that a FANTASY has to me more intense and a bit more than we may be willing to accept in real life. Extreme forced fem,and even being changed into a female, etc. may be a big turn on, but when something threatens to happen like that in RL, its Scarry as hell and we realize it is NOT something we may want after all------(but we may fantasize about it again later.
Fantasies are VICARIOUS experiences---played in our imaginations (or movies and stories) They are different from the REAL LIFE experience, as we may sometimes find out when one becomes , or starts to become, true.

They may not always conform to our TRUE feelings at all, so you cant be really sure how you feel about things until the RL stuff kicks in.
Some people only THINK they wanna be girls, based on their fantasy, for example, but it might be a prime example of self deception. Thats always something to consider.

Kate Simmons
04-01-2008, 06:39 PM
To be honest, it is all only real or imagined by us as we go about with our perception of things. When we go to sleep and dream every night, we go to a different place. Our sensory inputs are still receiving data, however which may or may not affect us while we sleep. Upon awakening, we re-create the world anew for ourselves each day as our senses begin to take in input and process it. Our memory is what gives us the illusion of continuity and without that, it would be starting from "square one" each day, which has actually happened to people who have lost their memory. Put simply, the "world" does not exist for us unless we "remember" it.

Considering all of that, it's not unreasonable to believe that the in-between or sub world is also a memory or program within us that can be activated when we so choose. We more or less go to a different "place" where we have different conditions of how we react to things, who we are, etc.

The bottom line is that we are the producer, director and writer of the scenerio and we control the program. In a sense, it is no less "real" than what we perceive as "reality" and the conditions that make us basically who we are and we are only limited by our imagination and the laws of physics. How much of it is actually fantasy and how much is reality? Only we ourselves can answer that for sure.:)

Jilmac
04-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Viv, I'm just a few years younger than you and have been dressing almost as long. I can totally relate to being in the in-between world. As my signature says "Never the girl of my dreams, but always a girl". That puts me smack dab in the middle of the in-between world.

Ever since my cousin dared me to wear panties and a dress at age 7 I enjoyed doing girly things. But society dictated that I had to live my male existance which was the reality of my birth. I never had the desire to go through a sex change but I often wondered what my life would have been like as a female.

In reality, for most of my adult life I wore a full beard which identified my male personna. In fantasy, as soon as I put on my feminine clothes, I was transformed into the girl I dreamed about. In my in-between world I can still wear my pretty lingerie when I have to function in male mode but when I'm on my own time and in my fantasy world, Jill Rules. Luv and :hugs: Jill

docrobbysherry
04-01-2008, 08:34 PM
To be honest, it is all only real or imagined by us as we go about with our perception of things. When we go to sleep and dream every night, we go to a different place. Our sensory inputs are still receiving data, however which may or may not affect us while we sleep. Upon awakening, we re-create the world anew for ourselves each day as our senses begin to take in input and process it. Our memory is what gives us the illusion of continuity and without that, it would be starting from "square one" each day, which has actually happened to people who have lost their memory. Put simply, the "world" does not exist for us unless we "remember" it.

Considering all of that, it's not unreasonable to believe that the in-between or sub world is also a memory or program within us that can be activated when we so choose. We more or less go to a different "place" where we have different conditions of how we react to things, who we are, etc.

The bottom line is that we are the producer, director and writer of the scenerio and we control the program. In a sense, it is no less "real" than what we perceive as "reality" and the conditions that make us basically who we are and we are only limited by our imagination and the laws of physics. How much of it is actually fantasy and how much is reality? Only we ourselves can answer that for sure.:)

Rich, thank u for defining my CDing experience in words I could never express. As a relatively new CD, ( in an ancient body), my imagination sets the limits of my dressing. It wasn't until I found this site 6 months ago, that I found out that other CDs thot differently. The conservative looks, the passing issues, and other depressing elements of CDing. I never imagined CDing could be that way before.

What's real, what isn't? Use your own perception of your femininity. What does it matter what others think? Do I care that others here think Sherry looks rediculous? Sometimes, but not very often. I'm having too much fun as her!
Is she real? No. But I enjoy my time as her because she looks real to me. In my imagination, she is!

If u have to have the constant acceptance of others to complete your CD experience, I feel sorry for u! Because you're not a woman, no matter HOW much u act, look, or feel like one! And that's reality!

jessielee
04-02-2008, 01:43 PM
... In a sense, it is no less "real" than what we perceive as "reality" and the conditions that make us basically who we are and we are only limited by our imagination and the laws of physics. How much of it is actually fantasy and how much is reality? Only we ourselves can answer that for sure.:)
make the world go away!
no, creatng a better one,
in which we are all brothers and sisters.
oh, and the fashions are to die for!
j

Kate Simmons
04-02-2008, 03:01 PM
I perceive we've already created that world Jessie. All we have to do is enjoy it, which we do by being true to ourselves.:)

Scotty
04-02-2008, 06:35 PM
This seems to be a theme today. I've been gone for a couple of weeks, dating....

I enjoy keeping it private as it is a bit of a fantasy for me and I got burned by one person once for trusting them......

Lately time is NIL for me so I have to settle for panties only.

I cannot wait for a day of privacy to just let loose and put a skirt on!!