PDA

View Full Version : Do You Like Male Clothing?

melissacd
04-01-2008, 09:51 PM
As a follow up to my thread on feeling uncomfortable shopping in the men's department and seeing that many of you just don't like buying male clothing, my next question is (and I know what my answer is - because my femme side tells me everything, we are kinda close to each other that way...errr I digress)...

Are there any of you who actually enjoy male clothing at all?

CharleneT
04-01-2008, 09:52 PM
OK, maybe I'm strange, but I love both :)

Charlene

Rachel75
04-01-2008, 10:00 PM
The thing about men's clothes is that there really aren't any that anybody would even bat an eye at if a GG wore it. Men's clothes are boring and unisex at best.

TGMarla
04-01-2008, 10:08 PM
The thing about men's clothes is that there really aren't any that anybody would even bat an eye at if a GG wore it. Men's clothes are boring andunisex at best.Not quite true, actually. When I wear a really snazzy suit and tie, I know I look good....or at least as good as I look, anyway. But that feels good. And if a woman were to wear the same thing, she'd be viewed differently than she would if she were wearing more traditional clothing. This isn't true for shirts and ties alone...I see that a lot. But a full-blown men's suit....women still really can't get away with that. If it were a men's style suit, but tailored for a woman, it would then classify as a woman's suit, tie and all. But still, it would be a rarity. It's like the last bastion of true male clothing. And even that is under attack from trendy female fashion slaves.

Joy Carter
04-01-2008, 10:18 PM
I ware a button down shirt and some casual pants quite allot. It's comfortable. But not what I want to ware.

Kate Simmons
04-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Sure I like guy clothes Melissa. I look pretty snazzy in a suit and tie, especially as Sal (which I posted on my avatar a month or so ago):heehee:. Actually Hon, the clothes are the least of it for me, the feelings are what count. I thought I looked pretty good today in denim work clothes as Sal, even if I wasn't quite into it. Doesn't really matter what you wear, guy clothes, girl clothes or a bunny suit, the spirit shines through when it is evident, if you know what I mean.;):battingeyelashes:

Farrah
04-01-2008, 10:22 PM
I enjoy dressing nice either way.

Jenna Lynn
04-01-2008, 10:39 PM
I do have some men's clothing I like, but I rather enjoy the feeling of women's clothing. It's just the way they feel and move against my skin that seems to soothe and relax me.

UASIANGAL
04-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Wow, I am a minority here! I do love to dress up in male form and the stuff do turn heads! Living in Hong Kong, men can be very fashionable and the boys loves their labels just as much as the girls. I CD to turn me on and I dress to turn the girls on! Interesting comparison though.

kimmy p
04-01-2008, 11:11 PM
When in male mode it's mainly T-shirt and Jeans. Though lately it's been the ladies version of both.:) Men's suits are BORING, ties are devices of the devil, and most men's shoes look exactly the same. Speaking of ties, I would willingly trade my ties for any (normal) article of women's clothing that GG wants. My wife complains about wearing bras. I'd rather wear that than my tie.

natasha
04-01-2008, 11:15 PM
I have never enjoyed buying clothes, but as you may have guessed I always gazed at the womens clothes when going to buy the "drab" things that we must wear to look "normal". Now that I am more out of the closet than ever before I would love to be able to spend some time in the womens section, but am still quite timid. Thank god for the internet.....lol

crusadergirl
04-01-2008, 11:17 PM
I like mens clothes just not as much as i use too. But do have alot of really cool dragon shirts. I like mens pants just not jeans. As for a suit and tie not my style. Any girl clothing is way better then a wearing a suit and tie.
Either way i like both styles.

harmony
04-01-2008, 11:34 PM
i think there is such a thing as male glamour!
a nice armani suit silk shirt and designer tie well made light leather shoes a white cashmere scarf with a snazzy coat and a cocky hat?
beeing austrian probably has soething to do with that.a wear a suit around here sometimes just to tell the world that i am not a bum after all and it makes me feel special beeing a glamourous male.turns on the ladies too!although most of my friends ask me what wake i am going to.

suchacutie
04-01-2008, 11:55 PM
I am one of the group who enjoys both genders. Clothes? I'll give a couple of examples:

1) new 3-piece suit, dark red shirt, tasteful purple tie, cordovan shoes, soft bikini or thong male underwear (okok....or VS cotton thongs!).

2) Black tux, frilled white shirt, cumberbun, shiny black shoes, tied black bow tie!

Both these outfits feel great, look great, etc. What's not to like?

tina.

Bridget Fitzgerald
04-01-2008, 11:58 PM
I don't hate it. I'm indifferent. It's either boring, or not expressive in the way I'd "like" to express myself.

jaina
04-02-2008, 12:12 AM

I don't own any.

AmandaM
04-02-2008, 12:21 AM
No, it sucks. Bleh!

KarenSusan
04-02-2008, 12:34 AM
I don't like any male clothing!

DawnRodgers
04-02-2008, 01:07 AM
Hate most male clothing. The only thing I like are colorful silk shirts. Now women's clothes - fun and glamour. So many different styles, fabrics, colors, patterns, skirt lengths. I know why a woman's closet needs all kinds of room. The choices are endless. And that's just the outer clothes. Factor in ubderewear, shoes with different heel heights, colors, decorations, styles and then makeup, hair-dos, jewelry, perfume. Whea.
What is there not to like about all of that.
Dawn

StayceeCD
04-02-2008, 01:13 AM
A BIG NO!!! UGLY!! Just horrible! Just look at going to a formal event.. Guys get to wear what? a black tux.. OOOHH How exciting! But women get to wear beautiful gowns of various colors, gorgeous jewelry, the bag HAS to match and my god.. The SHOES!! I'm getting dizzy thinking of it! I'm going to a formal TG event in Long Island in a couple weeks and can hardly breathe thinking about it! :daydreaming: I will post pics!!

rachel_rachel
04-02-2008, 01:17 AM
I actually enjoy being able to "dress up" every now and again in my normal clothes to be honest.

I've got a function to attend that the dress code is smart casual so i've gone out and bought a black shirt with dark blue pinstripes and a black raised felt swirl over it, team that with my black slacks and black shoes i reackon i'll look alright.

Both my wife and my girlfriend have seen it and love it!

StayceeCD
04-02-2008, 01:19 AM
I am one of the group who enjoys both genders. Clothes? I'll give a couple of examples:

1) new 3-piece suit, dark red shirt, tasteful purple tie, cordovan shoes, soft bikini or thong male underwear (okok....or VS cotton thongs!).

2) Black tux, frilled white shirt, cumberbun, shiny black shoes, tied black bow tie!

Both these outfits feel great, look great, etc. What's not to like?

tina.

YUK!! If you've ever worked in the entertainment business these are work clothes and lose their specialness real quick! If you're in the entertainment business and you're a woman, you get to wear the latest and most beautiful fashions! A different gorgeous designer gown at every event.. Imagine looking sooo gorgeous and having all the cameras clicking away, heart racing everyone telling you how beautiful you look! Cloud 9!!!:battingeyelashes:

cool_kyle_3000
04-02-2008, 01:28 AM
they are ok. Bought a pair of young womens jeans (19 years old here) and they are the most comfortable pants I have warn other than sweats. So I thought liking how close of a fit they are I would go buy the same thing only male jeans. Not the case. They are uncomfortable and just don't work, all my femm items are much more comfortable.

Eugenie
04-02-2008, 02:09 AM
Since I still have to use male clothes, it is necessary for me to shop for them from tme to time... I really do it as a chore...

In drab I tend to dress without any interest for my look...

I know I should. After all if as I often claim, my feminity is inside me, I should keep the feminine interest for nice clothes even when I dress as a man...

A GG friend told me that I should pay more attention to my male clothes and my style... I think she's right... Bu I have to work at it...

:hugs:
Eugenie

vivianann
04-02-2008, 02:31 AM
I do not like male clothing, I have always loved womens fashions

melissacd
04-02-2008, 02:34 AM
Thanks for all of your wonderful replies so far, it is an interesting mix of answers. Keep them coming.

Both my wife and my girlfriend have seen it and love it!

I know this is a bit off topic, but - huh? You have a wife and a girlfriend? Am I mis-reading this statement?

RachelX
04-02-2008, 02:35 AM
OMG no! There are very few items of mens clothing that I even find esthetically pleasing at all, even when worn by another person.
I personally HATE to wear clothes that are made for men. It so galls me every time I pull on a pair of pants I feel angry, oppressed and even humiliated. Every step I take I am mentally and physically irritated. The very rare exception is a shirt that may like. But I even dislike wearing them, because any shirt is still part of the male costume I am required to present myself in. Worn by others, or in a window display I have no appreciation for them. I hate wearing them so much I cannot put it into words.

Sincerely, Love to you all,
Rachel Xavier

Alayna
04-02-2008, 06:07 AM
Actually, I'd be horribly uncomfortable in women's clothing for a lot of situations, but particularly those that involve exercise.

Maybe it's because of my odd-sized body, but I find most women's clothes very restrictive. As much as I love silky panties and such I couldn't imagine enjoying them during a hike.

From a fashion standpoint I'm no expert. My male uniform is khakis and long-sleeve tees, but I do like looking good so when I pick out mens' clothing it's certainly no chore.

DemonicDaughter
04-02-2008, 06:24 AM
The thing about men's clothes is that there really aren't any that anybody would even bat an eye at if a GG wore it. Men's clothes are boring and unisex at best.

I hate to be such a spoil sport, but you're wrong on this. Just check out the FTM section and you'll discover women have just as many problems CDing as men.

I don't CD anymore and still on the occasion by male clothing (jeans and sneakers fit better on me) and yet I do get questioned about it! So I can't even imagine how a FTM must feel.

There isn't one group, gender or sex that has it any easier. Just different problems.

Margot
04-02-2008, 06:35 AM
:thumbsdn:I now dislike wearing men's clothing but admit there are times that I have to at least wear some male outer wear. However; my wife is in the process of purging my male clothes without my input as she feels we need more room for my expanding femme wardrobe which I now wear most of the time.
:hugs:
Margot

Wendy me
04-02-2008, 06:38 AM
well lets see from "HIS" side men's clothing is what "HE" wears nothing dressy nothing that sticks out plane old drab .....and it works for "HIM" ..... Wendy on the other hand likes her clothes and on more than on time has done a bit of cross dressing her slefe... wearing some of "HIS" things lol with the right look "HIS" clothes can be cute in a drab way.........

DemonicDaughter
04-02-2008, 06:41 AM
well lets see from "HIS" side men's clothing is what "HE" wears nothing dressy nothing that sticks out plane old drab .....and it works for "HIM" ..... Wendy on the other hand likes her clothes and on more than on time has done a bit of cross dressing her slefe... wearing some of "HIS" things lol with the right look "HIS" clothes can be cute in a drab way.........

Does this make you a DCD (double crossdresser)? lol

Michelle04240
04-02-2008, 06:46 AM
I love women's fashion. But there are male outfits both dressy and casual that I can put on and look in the mirror and smile at. Although I can enjoy both sides, while shopping it's usually, while walking in the men's department "boring..boring..", then getting to the women's department "OMG I love that dress!"

Wendy me
04-02-2008, 06:50 AM
Does this make you a DCD (double crossdresser)? lol

lol no see Wendy is not a cross dresser on her own being ..... lol OK yes sometimes Wendy dose cross dress.........

Raychel
04-02-2008, 07:00 AM
Male clothes have their place for me, They are good for going to work in, And doing things that would wreck a nice dress. Do I like them. Well I don't wake up in the morning thinking "What fun thing will I wear today". It is more like "Ho Hum, Must get dressed for work"

Alana65
04-02-2008, 07:03 AM

The keyword here (for me) is ENJOY. To answer the question, in a word, NO. Male clothing is soooooo boring, whereas Female clothing is a world of colors, textures, scents, etc.

The only male clothing I wear to work daily is shirts & socks. Everything else is female......jeans (feel & fit better), underwear (low-rise thong), and sneakers (they fit me better because my feet are narrower than the "typical" male).

bEEb
04-02-2008, 07:21 AM
Heck yes. I couldn't imagine working on cars, shoveling snow or exercizing in a girdle bra garters and heels.

jessielee
04-02-2008, 07:33 AM
enjoy drab clothing large and baggy
to accentuate my comparative,
idealised feminine delicacy.
have worn too many sharp fitting suits and ties
even tie my own bow tie.
but a brooks brothers silk bow around a silky, femme neck,
oh, let it be me..
jessie

Babette
04-02-2008, 07:39 AM
Do I want to go shopping for male clothing? I would rather crawl on my belly over a bed of broken glass. If you mention shopping for women's apparel --hey I'm in the car waiting for you to hurry up.

Babette

victoriamwilliams1
04-02-2008, 07:47 AM
I wear male clothes for work and around family, however I own more female items than male. My dressing is about 3 times a week though and I used to dress almost everyday and when dressing almost everyday my male clothes almost became the costume and my girl items became normal.

DanaJ
04-02-2008, 07:53 AM
I rather just go naked all the time, but since you asked.... yeah, I like men's clothes just fine. I like to wear jeans and a T with a witty saying a lot in male mode, plus there is the whole bare-chested look when it is hot outside :)

Celeste
04-02-2008, 08:28 AM
I have a very hard time shopping for drab clothes,nothing fits and it takes forever.I like clothes to fit pretty snug,they just don't make them that way anymore.I can grudgingly put up with it.Its really the "crotch to the knees" or the "baggy rear end" look, I find the most hideous and revolting.I guess whatever makes profits they make more of and forget about the rest.

Jocelyn Quivers
04-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Male clothing does have it's uses, such as doing activities where I would not want to damage my femme clothing such as cutting the grass, and physical fitness training in 100 degree weather.

Angie G
04-02-2008, 09:10 AM
No I will do it because I have to at some point. but shopping for skirts, dresses shoes and all the other thing we need to be girly I colud do it every day hun. :hugs:
Angie

VeronicaH
04-02-2008, 09:11 AM
NO!!! I hate it when I have to dress in drab.

Mitch23
04-02-2008, 12:03 PM
On the shopping trip I mentioned on the other thread I was really surprised because we found some really nice clothes which is very similar to what i would normally wear en femme in terms of style, colour, cut and material.

Mitch

Crystal Dawn
04-02-2008, 12:16 PM
mens clothing is very ugly and female clothing is very good looking and when u r in femme u feel more happier, if u know what i mean girls.

Deborah Jane
04-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Whats to like??
It,s practical for work, etc..Nothing else!!!
Smart stuff??....I find suits boring and hate wearing a tie!!!!

Crissy Kay
04-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Wow, I guess I"m in the minority on this too!!! I enjoy wearing comfortable clothes most of the time, so that means sweat pants and t-shirts for me most days. I suppose you could call it unisex, as GGs like these too!!!!

shalini_ukunge
04-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Male Clothes? huh, what is that?

Seriously, for every bit of nominally male clothing, I buy the female equivalent - Girls jeans, girls blouses that look like guys shirts, bras and panties that look like.... well, bras and panties :D . Opaque stockings/pantyhose that look like guys socks. And Girls shoes that look like guys shoes - almost. Only the heel is that much higher and pointier.

The advantages? Girls jeans are softer, comfier, stretchier (with lycra ofcourse), the girls shirts come in a wider range of colours, and the cut makes me look slimmer (go figure) . The pantyhose protects me from DVT in my job (long inactive periods slumped in a chair), and the bra and panties make me feel "BEAUTIFUL INSIDE"

So I am happy to dress enfemme 24/7, though for all outward appearances I am just a wierdo, not a CD. :devil:

Shalini

jennifer41356
04-02-2008, 03:32 PM
only rock n roll t-shirts:D:D:D:D:D

Dena
04-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Men's clothes are nearly all I wear! I always say Men's clothes are more practical, Women's clothes are more fun!

Stormgirl
04-03-2008, 02:22 AM
That is an affirmative :thumbsup:

Jenny J
04-03-2008, 03:05 AM
I find that now when I visit any store Walmart to Macy's, I head to the women's section first and brouse around to see what's new. After that its a quick trip through the men's section and out the door.

Men's clothing is soooo unexciting. I'll take a cute skirt and a top over almost any male clothing.

Jen

Kelsy
04-03-2008, 06:03 AM
It pains me to have to spend hard earned money on men's clothes and will only do so when my neccesary mens things are in taters:daydreaming:

Kelsy

il.dso
04-03-2008, 09:09 AM
Yesterday my wife had a big shopping spree
at the mall and showed me all of the pretty
clothes she bought.
She then pulled out 3 pairs of cotton men's
Hanes underwear she bought for me.
Yuck, is all I could think.
So glad I'm wearing my Olga nylon panties, now.

paulaluvssz8
04-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Yes, I love my male clothing. But on the otherhand, my femm side luvs those darn little items that I just don't like to live without.:heehee:

MarciManseau
04-03-2008, 10:27 AM
As a follow up to my thread on feeling uncomfortable shopping in the men's department and seeing that many of you just don't like buying male clothing, my next question is (and I know what my answer is - because my femme side tells me everything, we are kinda close to each other that way...errr I digress)...

I love male clothing! On a cute guy, that is, not on me. :heehee: I don't own any male things, and I haven't worn any in about 10 years - I've been full time for 7 years in May, and before that I wore all sorts of unisex women's things for a long time.

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

angela52
04-06-2008, 12:53 AM
:)mens clothes ooooh-my-god-YUK i agree with staycee womens dress line be the GG/you need to be --- so much fashion-color-and delicacy really a nice pair of BVD-UNS---OMG------girls gone ugly you go girl hugs/xxxxxxx angela52

Stephanie Scott
04-06-2008, 01:16 AM
I like men's clothes. Except for suits and ties, men's clothes are generally more physically comfortable. I find women's jeans, for example, rather uncomfortable because ... ahem ... there just ain't enough room where it counts! I posted somewhere else about this, but women's clothes are more comfortable from a psychological standpoint when I'm feeling like I'm in girl mode, but men's clothes are also psychologically comfortable when I'm in guy mode.

Of course, women's clothes are far more fun and exciting, and I do have a dress and some skirts that are more comfortable than ANYTHING in my closet -- male or female. But I certainly don't dislike men's clothing -- except when I'm wearing them when I'm feeling girly!

tricia_uktv
04-06-2008, 01:42 AM
I suppose in a functional way. Suit and tie for work, jeans and t-shirt at home. But it takes me 2 minutes to buy a t-shirt; 2 hours to buy a dress. That probably says it all.

sweet_pea_07
04-06-2008, 07:38 AM
Well women's underwear never fits quite right [call it bum floss]...so I'd have to to say yeah, I prefer men's style underwear...who cares about lines.

sweet_pea_07
04-06-2008, 07:40 AM
I like men's clothes. Except for suits and ties, men's clothes are generally more physically comfortable. I find women's jeans, for example, rather uncomfortable because ... ahem ... there just ain't enough room where it counts! I posted somewhere else about this, but women's clothes are more comfortable from a psychological standpoint when I'm feeling like I'm in girl mode, but men's clothes are also psychologically comfortable when I'm in guy mode.

Of course, women's clothes are far more fun and exciting, and I do have a dress and some skirts that are more comfortable than ANYTHING in my closet -- male or female. But I certainly don't dislike men's clothing -- except when I'm wearing them when I'm feeling girly!

ties should be banned from existence...

Amy Hepker
04-06-2008, 08:00 AM
No,no,no!!!!!!!!!!!

Billie Renee
04-06-2008, 01:46 PM
I hate them so much I don't even own any. Even my uniforms at work are womens clothes,womens uniform slacks and T shirts style. I get my work shoes from payless shoes and yes women's work shoes. Wear my bra and panties under them always. If I can't wear fem then I'll have to go naked!!!:heehee:

avery99
04-08-2008, 10:05 AM
i may be different than most, which is okay. i treasure both my masculinity and feminity, and so yes, men's clothing is definitely a winner for me.

KimberlyS
04-08-2008, 12:04 PM
OK, maybe I'm strange, but I love both :)

Count me in as strange also. Being a person who is and has always been as far back as I can remember, I am a mix of masculine and feminine. You could say I dress like many GG's do. I dress to fit my mood and tasks of the day.

Ayame
04-08-2008, 02:49 PM
I usually enjoy wearing both men and womens clothes but mostly mens.

sterling12
04-08-2008, 04:51 PM
I rather enjoy dressing Sharp. In male mode, I think I prefer the business casual look. Quite often I've been known to enjoy a jacket with a collarless shirt and decent pants. Although I indulge, like everyone else in Florida, in doing basic "slob," cutoffs, flip-flops, and ratty, it's not a preferred way to be dressed.

En femme, I like dresses and heels, and prefer something a bit glamorous. So we can safely say that my two persona's are comfortable in either mode. We're just picky about what we wear, when we're in that mode.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Lanore
04-08-2008, 07:55 PM
I shop for what is comfortable and I am always looking for a sale. I know who I am and clothing isn't going to change a thing.

Lanore

jennifer41356
04-08-2008, 08:15 PM
A BIG NO!!! UGLY!! Just horrible! Just look at going to a formal event.. Guys get to wear what? a black tux.. OOOHH How exciting! But women get to wear beautiful gowns of various colors, gorgeous jewelry, the bag HAS to match and my god.. The SHOES!! I'm getting dizzy thinking of it! I'm going to a formal TG event in Long Island in a couple weeks and can hardly breathe thinking about it! :daydreaming: I will post pics!!

:iagree::werd:.....I cant think of anything to add, you said it all girl

TSchapes
04-08-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm buying better looking guy stuff these days. But whenever I do buy some dude apparel that's a little bit out of the ordinary (Oh my, is that an all black dress shirt?), then it's like, what's wrong with you? Are you a dandy or something?

Jeese O' Pete, I can't win.

Love, Tracy

Tracy Hazel Lee
04-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Well, I can't say that I hate guy clothing. I think that I clean up okay (in drab), and can look 'presentable', when the need is required of me. That being said however, I wouldn't say it's a coincidence that my Tracy closet has three times the amount of clothing. (and like EIGHT times the amount of shoes!)

KathrynCleve
04-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Not me.

sinead
04-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Melissa I think your right I just dont feel good in male attire ans as for buying it.....forget it, whereas shopping for fem things I can spend days at it, well thats if my Visa can take the strain

Carly D.
04-11-2008, 03:37 PM
I like to wear womens clothing, kind of like a hobby so I do like my mens clothing.. I wouldn't mind wearing womens clothes more, but that's the way it goes..

Beth-Lock
04-11-2008, 05:23 PM
It's a little boring, but seems okay to do, especially when really called for.

KeriB
04-11-2008, 07:36 PM
I hate my drab clothes, plain and simple... and I'm much more interested is shopping for camis, skirts, heels, etc..

trannie T
04-12-2008, 01:35 AM
I never have had any great pleasure in tieing a necktie or pulling on a polo shirt. Putting on a dress or fastening a bra on the other hand. . .

Joni T
04-12-2008, 04:00 AM
I love it when a formal occasion pops up and I get to wear my kilt.

angelfire
04-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Theres a time & a place for everything. Yes, I like wearing men's clothing. I like looking good, and I like when women think I look good. I don't think I'd want to CD all the time.

jennCD
04-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Well,.. jeans and sneakers are fine by me,... maybe a t-shirt or plain pullover sweater in the winter. Otherwise, nah not really one of my big interests. In drab, I couldn't care less how I dress.

:)
jenn

KateSpade83
04-12-2008, 09:50 PM
I dig a cool t shirt. But then I rarely spend over $30 for anything male clothes. Pants, suits, and shirts are hard to find because I'm a slim guy at 5' 4" 150 lbs. Size 28 to 30 pants, size small shirts, size 36 R suits - all hard to find. I noticed size 4 stuff for women in Marshall is low stocked too.

I'd spend $918 on a high end women's St John skirt suit but I wouldn't pay over $130 for a man's suit. I just find women's skirt suits way better!

CD Susan
04-12-2008, 10:42 PM
I do not like male clothes, I only wear them because society dictates that I must. Imagine this, If we lived in a world where there was no distinction between male and female attire. If this was so then there would be no such thing as crossdressing because everyone wears the same type of clothes. I would not like to live in such a world. Why? I really don't know how to answer my own question other than to say such a world would be the most boring place in the universe. I don't mean to hijack this thread with what I am saying it just turned out that way. A lot to think about thou.