PDA

View Full Version : Told Co-Worker....

CrossdressinGoth
04-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Yesterday I told a co-worker about my dressing. So, here I go, I brace myself to tell someone about this secret lifestyle of mine from work. I feel like I could tell this woman anything about my life at work and we can keep things between us, so with that comfort I began to tell her. Her first question was you really crossdress? I said yes I do, I have done it since the age of 12. She responded with saying that its cool and that she sees nothing wrong with it. Then proceeded to tell me that her 20 some year old son does that as well. We talked about her son doing that and my doing that the whole night. It was great. It took about 15 minutes for the typical sexual orientation question but the way she asked, I thought was very pleasant. She asked me out of curiosity if I prefer woman or men. She then stated if I'm uncomfortable saying no need to tell her. So I told her I like woman but find a strong attraction to other men as well. Turns out shes had experiences with other woman too so she was really cool about it.

At my work place we can basically wear anything we want as long as it doesn't have offensive material on it like swearing or even the route of beer logos. Gotta wear pants and shorts that are no higher then a couple inches above the knee. Well, as of late I've been wearing womans pants to work. The style of which I'm wearing most over look, but this Friday I'm going to wear a pair that will be very noticeable and if and when my co-workers ask me what is up with that, Im going to come out of the closet to them. We have many at were I work that are openly homosexual, bisexual, etc.. so I shouldnt have really any problems. I cant wait! Just wanted to share this with you girls :)

PS- Shortly after telling my co-worker about this, I realized it was "April Fools" day so I told her that it wasnt a joke, I was serious. She then said she figured I was being serious with how energetic and detailed I was about it. To make sure she did believe me, I pulled my pant leg up to show her my freshly shaven legs :heehee:

joann07
04-02-2008, 11:24 AM
That is so cool! :thumbsup:
Congrats!
It feels so nice after telling someone. :GD:
Too bad you weren't wearing pantyhose.

Hugs!

Jill Mac
04-02-2008, 11:51 AM
i admire your courage, guy in my work admitted to us that he 'sometimes wore his gf panties' he took terrible stick for months. i would have like to have told him about me & shown my support, but to my shame all i did was join the rest of the idiots in making fun of him. & yes i know this makes me a horrible person:sad:

Jill

Valerie Nicole
04-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Wow CrossdressinGoth, that's great to here! Coming out to your entire workplace with confidence? To me that's the golden dream, being out to the world. I can't wait to get there in my life.

DemonicDaughter
04-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Oh hunnie!!!! Thats effin awesome!!! I'm so proud of you! You're growing up so fast! Where does the time go? Why its seems like only the other day you were making your first post and now... now look at you! *sniffle*

BIG hugs and kisses hun!

jessielee
04-02-2008, 01:48 PM
dear Goth,
how perfectly wonderful!
good for you both.
i'm sooo jealous!
no, really, i'm hoppingly happy for you!
hugs,
jessie

deja true
04-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Gothy!

That's wonderful.

And in Wisconsin!

Who'd a thunk it?

Did your co-worker offer to put you in touch with her son?

It looks like you lucked out in who to tell.

respect & love, lucky one,

deja

CrossdressinGoth
04-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Thanks girls.

I tell you it was so liberating telling someone else about this part of me, I actually almost just came out to everyone last night at work because its going to happen anyways, Im just that comfortable with it :)

As far as things with her son, nothing was really mentioned about getting in touch with her son. Im not sure if hes openly dressing or closeted yet. I figure give it some time and later on down the road I'll be able to find more info out, maybe I'll get yet another shopping/clubbing partner to hang out with :)

Also Jill, you are NOT a horrible person. I know the feeling. I have been in that same situation before, including the place I work at now. Instead of sticking up I either didnt say nothing or cracked a couple jokes. Its hard to stand up for the right thing at times when everyone else is against it. Im sure many have been in this same situation and have had a similar way of handling it. You and I are definitely not alone on doing what was done, so cheer up :hugs:

Sinthia
04-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Thanks girls.

Also Jill, you are NOT a horrible person. I know the feeling. I have been in that same situation before, including the place I work at now. Instead of sticking up I either didnt say nothing or cracked a couple jokes. Its hard to stand up for the right thing at times when everyone else is against it. Im sure many have been in this same situation and have had a similar way of handling it. You and I are definitely not alone on doing what was done, so cheer up :hugs:

In this day and age, it is very easy to say . . . "A person can wear whatever that want, and that is acceptable. But harrassment is never acceptable, so leave him alone!"

That does not out you, but lets people know that you are an understanding person.

Christinedreamer
04-02-2008, 09:56 PM
The pic in my avatar is the outfit I wore first time out with the co-worker friend related in this episode of my life and the dressmaker who made it.

I too confided in a female co-worker at our Dallas office. We liked each other anyway and one day we decided to go to an area of Dallas called Deep Ellum for some after work relaxation time. It is actually just an artsy -f--tsy section of Dallas, popular witth the gay crowd and with some great people watching.

She could tell I was interested in her as more than just an office friend so she confided in ME first. She was a lesbian. OK, drat.

Oh well, we can be great friends, so after a few for will-power weakening glasses of wine I confided in her. She was totally cool with it and most enthusiastic. She took me for my first photoshoot (sorry I can't find the pics)in the only dress I had to that point which was a pink super girly square dance dress. We ended up getting to be very close friends.

Then one day she went away on an unnannounced leave and no phone calls etc.
She returned a week later very upset and crying and asked if we could talk. I am now thinking we will have some girl type bonding. We did. She found out she was pregnant by another co-worker of ours but in another office and town. She was so distraught she ended up losing her job. So I opened my 2 bedroom apartment home to her and her 15 yr old daughter. She had the baby while staying with me. So from a CD bachelor to a pseudo father figure in one jump

I was treated to the breastfeeding, diapering, crying,teenage girl temper tantrums, closet shortages, baby toys and cribs etc. all over the place, and I didn't even have the enjoyment of putting the baby "there" myself.

BTW, I fould out that even though she was in a lesbian realtionship when I met her, she was coming out of an abusive marrige when she met her lover.

So I experienced CDing with an accepting woman and her daughter, birth, 2 yrs of baby in the house, total chaos, a house that looked like a tornado hit it and frequent clothes shopping expeditions. All without being married. Then they moved out and she got married again so I have my life back.

Big price to pay for telling a co-worker.

Still waiting for the next bizzare chapter in my life.

Christine

Angie G
04-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Cool hun your a lucky girl to work in a place like that. :hugs:
Angie

karynspanties
04-03-2008, 07:51 AM
On of my co-workers knows I dress. He likes to see what I am wearing on a daily basis. I don't know who is more perverted. Me for liking to show him or him for liking to look. :D

Jill Mac
04-03-2008, 10:29 AM
In this day and age, it is very easy to say . . . "A person can wear whatever that want, and that is acceptable. But harrassment is never acceptable, so leave him alone!"

That does not out you, but lets people know that you are an understanding person.

I agree harrassment is never acceptable, & i could have just said nothing, the fact that i took part in the harrrassment of this guy is something i'm ashamed of, to make matters worse i consider him to be a friend.

Jill