PDA

View Full Version : Have you gone to the airport en femme?

tgirlinva
04-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Was wondering if I ever were to travel as a girl... and use my regular ID, can the airline agent refuse my boarding? what about through security? i guess if you look closely you could see similarities, but i don't usually look anything like my picture.

joann07
04-02-2008, 02:25 PM
I flew in femme last October and used my male ID through the whole thing.
From the baggage check-in, airport security, and TSA check point through arriving at my destination (Chicago O'Hare) and getting my rental car, there were no problems whatsoever.
Everyone I interacted with was so courteous and friendly.
It was the best flight ever. :)

Go to this link for my complete write up of my entire flight:
A flight to remember! (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68118)

I'm going to Chicago again next month, this time for Be-All, and I can't wait to do it again. :GD:
But, just in case, I plan on getting a Florida ID with my picture in femme so if there are issues with my male ID I'll be prepared.
However, I think it'll go just as smoothly as the first.

Hugs!

JoAnnDallas
04-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Checking in using the new Kiosk is a breese. As far as TSA, they already have standing orders that will minimize any problems you might experience. TSA is TG friendly. Many TG/CD have flown in fem and can tell you all you need to know.

Eugenie
04-02-2008, 05:13 PM
I have often been tempted to do that: fly all the way "en femme".

However I have never done it so far... One of the reasons is that I don't go out "en femme" in my own area... And since the airport is just 4 miles away from my home, that precludes my going to the airport "en femme"...

Perhaps I will do it someday when flying from a distant airport to another distant airport...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Scotty
04-02-2008, 06:32 PM
I can say I've gone to the airport ONCE en femme - only to pick someone up.
I did not get a weird look at all from one person :)

IT was the coolest feeling.

Now in this day and age flying would be scary, even flying wiht my belly button piercing used to make me nervous b/c of the metal detectors and that it was a hot pink banana style jewelry...

heidi99
04-02-2008, 07:09 PM
I think it would be a lot of fun to try this, but it might be a little more advanced than I'm ready for. Some day, perhaps. :D I just got back from a trip and I watched how the GG's dressed. There were some that dressed very well from the Midwest to the Southwest, but most were casual on the return trip.